Daskalos B7610 Sense 2.5 ROM

Guest daskalos

Guest daskalos
Via Cookies Home Tab Editor

Oh..please ask Rapid81 or Noobody for Cookies Home Tab Editor compatibility with Sense 2.5 (Rhodium Core)

Guest roisagi
Haven't tested Slideit...

I use Swype :rolleyes:

You could try Swype...I think Slideit is just an imitation of Swype or vice versa

the point is - the samsung keyboard overrides the SLideIt keyboard - any workarround for this?

Guest roisagi
tried sip change - didn't work.

maybe registry: do you have registry entry?

it appears that the sense UI interferes with this keyboard.

disabling it solved the issue.

Guest daskalos
it appears that the sense UI interferes with this keyboard.

disabling it solved the issue.

Hmmm...maybe...but Swype works with Sense

Guest Klimto

Well i just donated some money to you for all of your help and friendly answers :rolleyes:

I'm hard resetting my device right now, i hope that this will solve my GPS issues :D

Guest daskalos
Well i just donated some money to you for all of your help and friendly answers :D

I'm hard resetting my device right now, i hope that this will solve my GPS issues :(

I think the google maps you installed caused my location to not work...because it replaced the googlemapsunat.exe included in Sense 2.5

And thank you for the donation :rolleyes:

Edited by daskalos

Guest Klimto
I think the google maps you installed caused my location to not work...because it replaced the googlemapsunat.exe included in Sense 2.5

And thank you for the donation :rolleyes:

No problem man, people like you should really get something for all of their effort.

About the my location problem, it still exists after a hard reset. I did find out however, that when i connect my phone via activesync, it will update the my location. Maybe it has something to do with the Phone version that i have in the phone? I'm using the JC1 version of this.

Guest Cicis

just flashed this sense rom. unfortunately, the color problem is still there.. :rolleyes:

i really think it's not a problem with the camera driver but a problem with the display driver of winmo 6.5 being not compatible with our B7610's graphics hardware.

will try to post screenshots later

Guest daskalos
No problem man, people like you should really get something for all of their effort.

About the my location problem, it still exists after a hard reset. I did find out however, that when i connect my phone via activesync, it will update the my location. Maybe it has something to do with the Phone version that i have in the phone? I'm using the JC1 version of this.

It seems it's not getting any data from the connection you are using, and only when connected to active sync (where you can get internet data too), it gets the data...

Before connecting to activesync, where do you get internet data? From 3G network? I get mine through Wifi.

Guest gauravv

i am asking a silly question

when we use sense ui......n connect to internet like facebook n weather from it......htc doesnt come to knw whether we are using this sense ui or not?

Guest Klimto
It seems it's not getting any data from the connection you are using, and only when connected to active sync (where you can get internet data too), it gets the data...

Before connecting to activesync, where do you get internet data? From 3G network? I get mine through Wifi.

Yes i'm always connected to the 3G network, because i have an unlimited data plan. Even trough WiFi the my location won't update >.> Only trough activesync. I really am clueless now :rolleyes:

Guest daskalos
Yes i'm always connected to the 3G network, because i have an unlimited data plan. Even trough WiFi the my location won't update >.> Only trough activesync. I really am clueless now :rolleyes:

Hmmm, I just hard reset my device to see if My location will work with wifi from a fresh start, and it worked... I think we must ask others (who uses this ROM) if they have the same problem or not

Guest Klimto
Hmmm, I just hard reset my device to see if My location will work with wifi from a fresh start, and it worked... I think we must ask others (who uses this ROM) if they have the same problem or not

Well man really thanks for all of your help. You're really friendly and patient :D But i think i will just leave it for now. I will just select a city i'm near, so that it can actually update every 15 minutes ^^ Do you know how to set the home-tab weather to that city? Because it stays on my location :rolleyes:

Guest daskalos
Well man really thanks for all of your help. You're really friendly and patient :D But i think i will just leave it for now. I will just select a city i'm near, so that it can actually update every 15 minutes ^^ Do you know how to set the home-tab weather to that city? Because it stays on my location :rolleyes:

At home tab,tap clock then select your nearest city (you can also add other cities there)

Guest Klimto
At home tab,tap clock then select your nearest city (you can also add other cities there)

Oh haha that was easy :D Seriously thanks for all of your help today :( I would support you some more, if only i weren't a student anymore :rolleyes: I think you are maybe the biggest contributor of the B7610 ^^

Guest FortKnox101

is anyone else having a problem with charging through USB? I usually charge through usb with my computer, but on this ROM if i have the phone on...ActiveSync work and power goes to the phone and it says its charging...but come back to it in a couple of hours and its still at the same battery percentage to when i started. I have to turn the phone off and plug the USB in to get it to charge.

Guest roisagi
for roisagi

Update on slide-it

Just found out that Slide-it works in the ROM after installing Swype and a soft reset

thanks!!

a question:

how can i disable the weather animation on home tab?

Guest me00016
Testing it on my B7610...

... I experience no problem with wi-fi

Updated: I lost wi-fi!!! It does not turn on wireless even after many many softresets! I did nothing "strange" or installed anything before! Worked like usual: updated weather tab, stocks, twitter, e.t.c. Seems like B6710 lost wireless drivers for no reason!

I could live with a slow UI, because Sense's userfriendliness is unbeatable and compromise for that. But losing wifi! this is a functional glitch, not acceptable for a mobile device!

Now I am going back to daskalos' megalite 6.5.3 with just Titanium on it. I am already tired and somehow dissapointed from ALL full ROMS, no matter cooked or official. IMO there is quantity, but we miss on quality ROMS.

Guest Ignition

I dont think you will find a ROM from another brand of phone to ever work perfectly on our handsets.. thats why i stick with the stock ROM...

Its great that other ROMS can be cooked up though and Daskalos does an amazing effort in creating ROMS for our phone... but ideally you need to understand that software is being ported that wasnt made for our phone so of course things will not work accordingly....

but be patient and hopefully clever people over time can find solutions to things that go wrong.. it will be hard though as they dont have source code to just change things and make it all work...

Guest freq437
for roisagi

Update on slide-it

Just found out that Slide-it works in the ROM after installing Swype and a soft reset

=======================

Edited by freq437

Guest me00016

OFFTOPIC(?) :rolleyes:

I dont think you will find a ROM from another brand of phone to ever work perfectly on our handsets.. thats why i stick with the stock ROM...

Please allow me to disagree with you, because the stock ROMs are by rule the most buggier, heavier, and problematic ROMs. Otherwise, what's the point of cooking ROMs? Don't be confused with this special HTC Sense ROM. Everything is cooked to ultimately give a better user experience (am I right Daskalos?). I experience myself a tremendous difference by moving from stock to megalite ROMs.

As for the perfect other "brand of phone", it is a long story (check android, and iphone), and let us focus on B7610.

Guest puga74
Updated: I lost wi-fi!!! It does not turn on wireless even after many many softresets! I did nothing "strange" or installed anything before! Worked like usual: updated weather tab, stocks, twitter, e.t.c. Seems like B6710 lost wireless drivers for no reason!

I could live with a slow UI, because Sense's userfriendliness is unbeatable and compromise for that. But losing wifi! this is a functional glitch, not acceptable for a mobile device!

Now I am going back to daskalos' megalite 6.5.3 with just Titanium on it. I am already tired and somehow dissapointed from ALL full ROMS, no matter cooked or official. IMO there is quantity, but we miss on quality ROMS.

I had the same problem. The thing that I do is to sync my b7610 to my computer, access the internet on my b7610, then after I remove my b7610 from my computer and try to turn on wifi again. This have worked for me till now.