Daskalos B7610 Sense 2.5 ROM

Guest daskalos

Guest daskalos
Updated: I lost wi-fi!!! It does not turn on wireless even after many many softresets! I did nothing "strange" or installed anything before! Worked like usual: updated weather tab, stocks, twitter, e.t.c. Seems like B6710 lost wireless drivers for no reason!

I could live with a slow UI, because Sense's userfriendliness is unbeatable and compromise for that. But losing wifi! this is a functional glitch, not acceptable for a mobile device!

Now I am going back to daskalos' megalite 6.5.3 with just Titanium on it. I am already tired and somehow dissapointed from ALL full ROMS, no matter cooked or official. IMO there is quantity, but we miss on quality ROMS.

Hmmm... maybe because of the JC2 base... seems XXIL2 seems better than JC2 in terms of wifi.

Guest gauravv

wifi problem is quite weird......today in morning it was working fine the i switched in operator settings to vodafone (which is not my connection) so that it doesnt use gprs........then in afternoon i tried wifi doesnt worked at all....i made 4 soft resets it doesnt worked then....i made operator back to airtel (original) n then soft rest it worked.....

i am working on which combination make wifi work

Guest darthveda

Wi-Fi is working for me fine.

However, sometimes while answering a call using the slider (HTC Dialpad) it does not accept the call. The slider seems to get stuck and does not pick up the call. Even if I press call hardware key, the call does not get answer. if this was not annoying then pressing the volume down or up button does not seem to mute the ringtone, it's quite embarrasing to have a loud ringtone going for over and you not having any control over it. You look like an idiot with an expensive touch phone :rolleyes: :D

Guest daskalos
Wi-Fi is working for me fine.

However, sometimes while answering a call using the slider (HTC Dialpad) it does not accept the call. The slider seems to get stuck and does not pick up the call. Even if I press call hardware key, the call does not get answer. if this was not annoying then pressing the volume down or up button does not seem to mute the ringtone, it's quite embarrasing to have a loud ringtone going for over and you not having any control over it. You look like an idiot with an expensive touch phone :rolleyes: :(

I can imagine that :D Where did you get HTC Dial pad?

Guest roisagi

hi.

everytime i press send and recieve, the device tries to connect to a specific internet connection.

i have defined a valid internet connection, edited the network sellection at "connection, but still - checking email from sense ui insists on connecting to an internet connection which is not valid (vodafon).

how can i "force" the email app at sense to connect to "my internet" connection?

Guest hi_mahou

been tempering with thiis every now and then, and its proving tobe a really nice rom. especially with cookie's home tab mod (was using latest version), though i did experience a little extra lag with it running the extra quick links more then madeup for it.

unfortunately i, like afew others, have lost my wifi. this is a sticker for me, so its back to my stock until this is a bit more stable.

will definatle be keepingan eye on this

Guest Soul_Master

I just solve some serious problem about your Samsung lock screen that sometime may cause crash on my OmniaPro. I solve but close all lock screens and no crash again. However, Samsung lock screen still show at the first time after boot. How to disable it?

I have another question that should not relate to your custom ROM but it is a general problem of Wi-Fi on Windows Mobile 6+. If I create new profile of Wi-Fi and it cannot successfully connect to its access point, system will automatically remove profile from list. Do you have any registry script for disable this silly feature? Because I have this problem when I try to connect to hidden AP that is WPA-2 and I want to remember, my user name/password of this AP even system cannot connect to it.

Edited by Soul_Master

Guest daskalos
I just solve some serious problem about your Samsung lock screen that sometime may cause crash on my OmniaPro. I solve but close all lock screens and no crash again. However, Samsung lock screen still show at the first time after boot. How to disable it?

Delete lock screen link in start up folder

Guest roisagi

i cannot send SMS from the sense UI:

after pressing "send", i get the following error message:

"sim card not ready

the phone is disabled. please turn on the phone function first on Comm manager".

of course - the phone is on and working..

any ideas?

Guest daskalos
i cannot send SMS from the sense UI:

after pressing "send", i get the following error message:

"sim card not ready

the phone is disabled. please turn on the phone function first on Comm manager".

of course - the phone is on and working..

any ideas?

just install the comm manager found in the first post

Guest hi_mahou

daskalos you said that this is JC2 based. i'm currently using this rom: PDA_B7610NXXJC2_HW_70.MST (when i'm not trying out yours)

it has a much better samsung setting app, isthere any chance of you intergrating itin at a later date?

Guest ErnstJanF
daskalos you said that this is JC2 based. i'm currently using this rom: PDA_B7610NXXJC2_HW_70.MST (when i'm not trying out yours)

it has a much better samsung setting app, isthere any chance of you intergrating itin at a later date?

Sure, just download the Samsung Apps package :rolleyes:

Guest hi_mahou
Sure, just download the Samsung Apps package :rolleyes:

i'll check itand see if its the one i mean, though its not the one with the two tabs at the top

Also i got a new problem with the music tab. my song stop playing as soon as i lock the phone

EDIT: its actually when i turn the screen off, as i can lock the phone via the start menu without problems

Edited by hi_mahou

Guest gauravv

in phone canvas.....i cant get name of the person calling me......and by pressing call button(hardware key) it call automatically last dialed no...

and when we link contacts with facebook....i cant get picture in samsung phonebook or any other contact manager

Guest daskalos
in phone canvas.....i cant get name of the person calling me......and by pressing call button(hardware key) it call automatically last dialed no...

and when we link contacts with facebook....i cant get picture in samsung phonebook or any other contact manager

Well I don't use the HTC dial pad, pls. ask noobody or Rapid81 about it

Guest daskalos
tried to install opera 10 - will not open

which version of opera 10 works with this rom?

try installing on my storage or memory card

or maybe the open GLes driver conflicts with it

edit: You must install this in storage card or my storage, not on device

Tested Opera 10 in the new Sense WM 23658 build and it works (Installed in storage card)

Edited by daskalos

Guest roisagi
try installing on my storage or memory card

or maybe the open GLes driver conflicts with it

edit: You must install this in storage card or my storage, not on device

Tested Opera 10 in the new Sense WM 23658 build and it works (Installed in storage card)

which opera 10 version? from where?