24/May - FRF50 (Froyo) pre-rooted update zip + no radio option + online kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest SUPADUPA111

I have AT&T and flashed the froyo stock radio. 3G works fine and does not brick. In terms of speed, I haven't noticed any unique increases in data speeds but then again I haven't done much testing yet.

Guest 7500usr
Kitchen is now online in post 2! Will be expanding this and preparing a MCR based on FRF50 over the coming week...

P

how about trackball notifications?

Guest shockaholick
Hello all,

Needless to say i've jumped straight in and am now in a bit of a mess.

I was running the desire r21 port on my Nexus - i've followed these instructions, first i flashed ra-nexus-1.6.2 (i had 1.5.0) then i used all the wipe options and ran the update zip and rebooted etc (as above).

The phone boots to the initial wizard where it prompts you for google account settings etc ('touch the green android to begin'). After i've pressed a few of these buttons the whole thing freezes up and I have to remove the battery to get a reboot.

After this happened a couple of times i went back and reflashed, this is now my 4th attempt and it still happens - any idea how I can fix this? I have no Nandroid backups from any point, everything's backed up online so I didn't think this was necessary but from people saying 'revert back to original nexus image' - is this what they mean?

Thanks

MF

EDIT: This seems to start after I get a signal, at the one point where I got wireless configured before the freeze it also started freezing up as soon as a connection to the wireless network was acquired - any thoughts?

SOLUTION: Thanks to Paul for assistance, it appears to have been my SD Card - once i removed that the phone booted with no issues! Now i've just got to figure out how to reformat it and get it working again..

Having the same exact issues..please let me know if u find a fix....what carrier do you have?

Guest Batkoto
hello i am really sorry but i am new on the android I have a nexus no contract (unlock) no rooted can i run your update FRF50 whit out my phone been rootet thanks

If your N1 is not rooted and you wish to keep your warranty, ie not rooting the device but at same time having Froyo, you need to manually install the 2.2 update.

Check here for more information http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=686605

have fun

Edited by Batkoto

Guest milennium

Paul

Thank you for your excellent work.

I have a question or request. You can add the kitchen SIM Toolkit?

Thank you.

Guest linuxluver
SOLUTION: Thanks to Paul for assistance, it appears to have been my SD Card - once i removed that the phone booted with no issues! Now i've just got to figure out how to reformat it and get it working again..

How old is the sdcard?

Might be better to buy a new one than keep using one that's throwing errors.

Guest linuxluver

Looking in the Froyo update.zip, I see a lot of dates in there are November 25th, 2009.

Either this is old stuff or the build server it was generated on used/uses some funky system date.

Guest Vegito168
Only bug in this kernel - USB

Did you try the BFS or CFS version? I'm just curious. I downloaded the BFS version, and am going to try it out. I'm currently using Gr8gorilla's 2.6.33.3 Nexus-Fireball-1.13GHZ-UV-21MB kernel and the mount/unmount works just fine. The video function still freezes and then reboots the phone, but I'm ok with that since I don't hardly ever record video anyway. I'll try IntersecRaven's kernel and report back. I'm gonna test the 800mv BFS version, and see what happens.

EDIT: I just tested intersectRaven's 20100523_13XX-14XX_.34-FroYo 800mv BFS kernel, and video works perfect, and turning on/off usb storage works great too. My only issue is that it is not overclocked. So it's really not an issue, just a personal preference. :rolleyes:

Edited by Vegito168

Guest Qiuness

How do we fix the apps that have been moved to SD using app2sd from cyanomgen mod, because when i flash froyo, i am missing a lot of apps.

Also as far as i know all the apps from the market need to be updated to be able to be installed to SD

Guest owencutajar

Just installed ROM on my Nexus ( previously running Cyanogen 6.0.5 (no apps on SD) )

Works brilliantly! Thanks mate!

Guest linuxluver
How do we fix the apps that have been moved to SD using app2sd from cyanomgen mod, because when i flash froyo, i am missing a lot of apps.

Also as far as i know all the apps from the market need to be updated to be able to be installed to SD

The market access in Froyo is naff.

I can't see a lot of apps I've already bought:

Camera Zoom FX

Photostitch (full)

Andcam3D

Grocery King

Flight Track

...and many more.

As for apps2sd, I have read that when you fill the phone's internal storage it will over flow onto the sdcard. Worth testing! :-)

Guest surmanm

Please confirm this : :rolleyes:

when the little orange light on the upper right side of the screen doesn't light up anymore when the phone is plugged into the outlet, and the power button doesn't do anything including pushing vol down+ power this means my phone is BRICKED i assume ?

I did a nandrroid backup, full wipe , flash from zip, restart , got a android out of the box , tried to flash again without wipe.. and thats it . i knew it right away when the phone wouldn't boot to recovery this is the end of my nexus one ????

Guest ariebk

Hello.

a few things ...

1) is the Sync to outlook, included in this rom?

2) the Bluetooth is working ?

3) is it include hebrew? or anyone know about problem installing hebrew?

Thanks

Guest MooMooz

It seems that the radio included with the Froyo update will cap your bandwidth on T-Mobile. If you own a N1 for use on T-Mobile, I suggest using the one w/o Radio Update.

I've tested this with 4 N1's, 2 with new Radio, 2 Without, all at same spot running speedtest, over 10 or so tries.

I get about 3.5 - 5.2 Mbit/Down, 1.3 Mbit/UP with the old Radio(32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2),

and 1.6-2.5 Mbit/Down and 1.3 Mbit/UP with the new Radio. (They seem to be capping @ 2.5Mbit range).

Guest adamzeit

Got this up and running on my AT&T N1 without a problem - using the NO radio version.

But, if I want to try to push the new Radio to my N1 now that it is running Froyo, can anyone give me an idea how to do that? Sorry for the silly question. I'd like to try to update the Radio to take advantage of its network benefits, and also to get the Camcorder running.

Thanks!

Guest Recondo1202

Hi Paul,

What's the best way to revert back to the Modaco Desire Port R22? I tried Froyo but much prefer the HTC Sense functionality...I've already downloaded and applied the Froyo w/ Radio update, however when I tried to do a Nandroid Restore, I got stuck in the boot screen...

Tips?

Guest teknologist

New radio works great here. 3G (HSDPA) data link doesn't seem to be capped at all...I wonder if this thing about T-Mobile users being capped because of new Radio is real or just a urban legend.. ;-)

On my NexusOne on Orange, I have DL: 3Mbps and UL: 2Mbps , moreless the same I had with old radios. (still using MCR r15 though...I only updated the radio)

I don't imagine a radio built by Google/HTC that caps just a few users on a single network...I don't know what you guys think, but if it is really the case, that looks more fascist than everything android users have been complaining about Apple/iPhone/Steve Jobs lately !

Edited by teknologist

Guest Morgren
Did you try the BFS or CFS version? I'm just curious. I downloaded the BFS version, and am going to try it out. I'm currently using Gr8gorilla's 2.6.33.3 Nexus-Fireball-1.13GHZ-UV-21MB kernel and the mount/unmount works just fine. The video function still freezes and then reboots the phone, but I'm ok with that since I don't hardly ever record video anyway. I'll try IntersecRaven's kernel and report back. I'm gonna test the 800mv BFS version, and see what happens.

EDIT: I just tested intersectRaven's 20100523_13XX-14XX_.34-FroYo 800mv BFS kernel, and video works perfect, and turning on/off usb storage works great too. My only issue is that it is not overclocked. So it's really not an issue, just a personal preference. :D

I was tried that one - BFS and CFS version (925mv) - and have the issue. For now Raven says: .34 - USB unmount still an issue. And i choose to wait a little. But may be you lucky :rolleyes:

Guest anthdroid

Looks great!

Question: If I don't upgrade the radio, why does a Desire ROM show "H" and the Froyo ROM show "3G"? Am I really getting the same speed with different icons? Or is there some explanation for that behavior? Thanks!