24/May - FRF50 (Froyo) pre-rooted update zip + no radio option + online kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Jayson269
Very smooth upgrade.

Only issue I have is with ChompSMS force closing. I've reverted to stock messaging.

I also had issues with ChompSMS and Handcent SMS. Both die every time I try to send a sms. (but the message gets sent) I reverted back to stock and have no issues. I'm assuming something has changed? And they need to update their software? If someone knows more about this let me know.

Guest aiewolf
How do we fix the apps that have been moved to SD using app2sd from cyanomgen mod, because when i flash froyo, i am missing a lot of apps.

Also as far as i know all the apps from the market need to be updated to be able to be installed to SD

You can set the install location manually using

adb shell

pm setInstallLocation X

where

X=1 : Internal Storage ONLY

X=2 : External Storage ONLY

X=0 : Auto (Choose Inst. Location by App Author Permissions)

If you set it to 2 all future apps will be installed on sd and you can move certain apps to sd from settings applications. But beware once you mount you sd over usb you loose all your access to apps while mouted and this causes problems if you have wallpapers or widgets or apps used regulary on sd card.

Guest Jayson269

Just saw that ChompSMS was updated today (5/24) to version 4 with support for FroYo. Installed and all is fine. So it is a change to the software.

Guest ninfragiler14
Please confirm this : :rolleyes:

when the little orange light on the upper right side of the screen doesn't light up anymore when the phone is plugged into the outlet, and the power button doesn't do anything including pushing vol down+ power this means my phone is BRICKED i assume ?

I did a nandrroid backup, full wipe , flash from zip, restart , got a android out of the box , tried to flash again without wipe.. and thats it . i knew it right away when the phone wouldn't boot to recovery this is the end of my nexus one ????

Try this:

Remove the battery, hold the power button for 10 seconds with the phone unplugged. Then plug the phone into the charger with the battery still out. If the LED flashes, put the battery back in and power it back up. My phone has done that a couple of times and this process has always gotten be back up and running.

Guest Jayson269
The camera app is really buggy. I cant get it to record video without it crashing and rebooting the phone. Anyone else?

I too have found that the Camera app will freeze and the phone will re-boot. I mostly see it when I change to video mode then try to change back to photo mode.

Guest surmanm
Try this:

Remove the battery, hold the power button for 10 seconds with the phone unplugged. Then plug the phone into the charger with the battery still out. If the LED flashes, put the battery back in and power it back up. My phone has done that a couple of times and this process has always gotten be back up and running.

just tried that no luck the the LED does not go on even without battery power doesn't do anything anyone else HELP PLEASE PAUL HELP .!!!!!! :rolleyes:

iv come to accept that i bricked my phone and now have to pay tmobile cancellation fee's and Google early termination fee

FOR SALE:

I have a

1)bricked nexus one.

2)brand new car dock

3) seidio battery

4) seidio case

sprint and HTC EVO 4g here i come!!!!

Edited by surmanm

Guest Vegito168
I was tried that one - BFS and CFS version (925mv) - and have the issue. For now Raven says: .34 - USB unmount still an issue. And i choose to wait a little. But may be you lucky :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear that you are still having problems. Like I said I am using the Raven's BFS 800mv version, and I have no issues at all. Everything works as it should. Not sure why you are still having those issues.

Guest redleef

Thank-you Paul! I'm very grateful, you are a genius!

I do still have a problem with Exchange support. froyo is suppose to have full support for Exchange, but I continue to get an error when trying to connect.

would you have any suggestions and/or advice?

thanks.

Guest kbs24

Paul does the Live Wallpaper package in this release contain the HTC Sense Live Wallpaper that you put into the N1 r14, and also does this update have compatibility with colored trackball apps? I guess another way to ask this question would be, what features did r14/15 have that this Froyo release does not have? I've been very happy with r14 and a lot of people are having trouble with froyo so I still am trying whether to even try it at this point......thanks for your help.

Guest Shuflie
Paul does the Live Wallpaper package in this release contain the HTC Sense Live Wallpaper that you put into the N1 r14, and also does this update have compatibility with colored trackball apps? I guess another way to ask this question would be, what features did r14/15 have that this Froyo release does not have? I've been very happy with r14 and a lot of people are having trouble with froyo so I still am trying whether to even try it at this point......thanks for your help.

Its no to both questions, those are custom ROM features and this is stock apart from root.

Guest wrxtc714
I also had issues with ChompSMS and Handcent SMS. Both die every time I try to send a sms. (but the message gets sent) I reverted back to stock and have no issues. I'm assuming something has changed? And they need to update their software? If someone knows more about this let me know.

Handcent was updated today and now works great with no force closing

I emailed the Dev yesterday to tell him about the issues and next day it was fixed. Awesome.

Guest skydart

There are so many posts in here about not knowing if they need to do a wipe or to simply upgrade. If coming FROM Desire, you need to do a full wipe. If coming from Cyanogen, you simply need to upgrade.

I also found that RadioTime, (my favorite app), is another one of the apps NOT available in the Market right now, after having updated to 2.2. Perhaps soon.

PS. Handcent SMS is now working just fine.

Edited by skydart

Guest koshmaro

K, I finally decided to do it today, and it went great, EXCEPT FOR ONE THING!

my pinch to zoom in the gallery application works in a really strange way, it does zoom when I pinch, but the zooming is really inaccurate, and the picture moves kinda weird... anyone experiencing this?

my device is AT&T N1, Performed Wipe, and then Update zip (with radio update)

3g,wifi everything is working great except the pinch to zoom thing, and only in gallery...

please help me with this issue.

paul - ur definitely DA MAN!

Guest jnrandall

Thanks Paul, as always!

Since the Froyo updare, when I send MMS messages to my wife, an iPhone 3gs user, the picture gets stripped and replace by a message that says the image was too large or improperly formatted. If she sends me one and I send it back, it's fine. I downloaded a 79k image from a Google search and sent it to her without issue. If I take a picture or send one from my SD card that is large, it gets stripped. If I send a captured image to my Sprint buddy with the crappy phone, works great. No issues!

Any ideas? The stock N1 rom, Cyanamod and Desire Roms all worked fine (with the exception of the image quality issue).

Edited by jnrandall

Guest wrxtc714
It seems that the radio included with the Froyo update will cap your bandwidth on T-Mobile. If you own a N1 for use on T-Mobile, I suggest using the one w/o Radio Update.

I've tested this with 4 N1's, 2 with new Radio, 2 Without, all at same spot running speedtest, over 10 or so tries.

I get about 3.5 - 5.2 Mbit/Down, 1.3 Mbit/UP with the old Radio(32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2),

and 1.6-2.5 Mbit/Down and 1.3 Mbit/UP with the new Radio. (They seem to be capping @ 2.5Mbit range).

I'm hitting 3.5mbps downloads in orange county CA on T-Mobile with the new radio

It blows away my friends Droid on Verizon who is lucky to get over 1mb

Honestly though I didn't ever really get over 1mbps down before the new radio.

I definitely feel a huge difference browsing and tethering.

IMO the radio update is much better.

Btw. What state and city are you in. Your speeds sound really good.

Guest dogei22

Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing serious lagging with Froyo, especially when returning to the home screen. Performance was much smoother with 2.1. I've tried the traditional wiping + reflashing twice now but still feel like I'm back on my old HTC Hero.

Seriously annoying as Froyo seem to be a huge improvement otherwise.

Also, any way to change the default dialer link in the dock to open Dialer One as the stock dialer is just not keeping up with other alternatives?

Guest flintpez
Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing serious lagging with Froyo, especially when returning to the home screen. Performance was much smoother with 2.1. I've tried the traditional wiping + reflashing twice now but still feel like I'm back on my old HTC Hero.

Seriously annoying as Froyo seem to be a huge improvement otherwise.

Also, any way to change the default dialer link in the dock to open Dialer One as the stock dialer is just not keeping up with other alternatives?

I'm getting massive lag in the app drawer, but that's it.

Guest tomerben
Paul, we hope that u can add RTL support :rolleyes:

We got Hebrew fonts, but not RTL support (GMail and Mail titles are Upside down, SMS alight left and not to the right..)

Can someone please explain how to fix RTL (I did it in 2.1 ROMs, but seems like framework.jar "fixing" is not working in 2.2)?

Guest f2003554
Hi Paul,

What's the best way to revert back to the Modaco Desire Port R22? I tried Froyo but much prefer the HTC Sense functionality...I've already downloaded and applied the Froyo w/ Radio update, however when I tried to do a Nandroid Restore, I got stuck in the boot screen...

Tips?

I just wiped and restored the nandriod backup. It worked fine. I am on N1 AT&T.

Guest johnboyw
Is anyone else having trouble with handcent FC'ing when you send a message. I tried to reinstall it, same thing.

There is an update on the market to fix this issue.

Guest wrxtc714

Just found out another awesome feature by accident

Bluetooth voice commands now work for the first time on android

I just hung up a call and pushed my button in the Bluetooth by mistake and it says speak now

I said one of my ccontacts names and it connected immediately

I was waiting for this feature forever.

Another big +++++ for froyo.

I would never go back to anything else now.

Once again the nexus one is on top. I'm gladt I have the best phone ever made. So far.

The desire and incredible are nice. But the benefits of nexus ownership are unbeatable.

Thanks again Paul for giving me a new phone all over again.

I love how android just gets better and better.

I had a g1 before 1.5 and before the android market was even live.

I've waited for cupcake then waited for donut then waited for the nexus and eclair.

Just look at how far we have come since then. What's next.

screw apple.

Google for life.

Edited by wrxtc714

Guest Batmensch

Problem: After installed the Froyo image over Cyanogen 5.0.6 I have no Phone or Contacts app. The phone does pop up if I receive a call, but I can't call out. My phone and contacts apps on the desktop have been replaced by generic icons, but there are no phone or contacts apps in the apps drawer ... ?

Guest scrog
I just wiped and restored the nandriod backup. It worked fine. I am on N1 AT&T.

If you restored Nandroid, you went back to whatever ROM you had before. You'll have to either manually rebuild your profile and data or restore from backup like Titanium.