24/May - FRF50 (Froyo) pre-rooted update zip + no radio option + online kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest serotizm
I added a '2.1 build.prop + Adobe Flash 2.1 Beta' option to the kitchen, in case you want all the apps that the 2.1 build prop brings, but still want flash. :rolleyes:

P

Paul pease include Sim Toolkit too.. Is that possible?

Sorry for asking for this again..

Guest AndyCr15
Hi Paul,

When will we have MCR with Froyo?

I'd like to know this too.

Can you put the previously used version of Apps2SD into Froyo? Don't like having to limit the amount of apps I have installed :rolleyes:

Hi Paul. Great work. I have a problem with Yahoo Imap. I can't figure out why is not working. In 2.1 Eclair was perfect; now in 2.2 can't make it. I use same settings, I switch off WiFi... still no results. always is this:

post-611582-1274899183_thumb.png

post-611582-1274899191_thumb.png

Guest grex49

If you have a Nexus One right now, you fall into one of two camps: People who’ve installed the 2.2 Update, and people who want to install the 2.2 Update.

However, you might want to hold off. In the Android support forums, a Google employee posted this message:

Just wanted to give a heads up that the build floating around is not the official Froyo release. You will get an automatic notification when we OTA the build, no need to manually download it. You will still get the automatic notification if the official release is a newer version than the one you have, so don’t sweat…but I’d highly recommend waiting for our official release

Guest donchele
If you have a Nexus One right now, you fall into one of two camps: People who’ve installed the 2.2 Update, and people who want to install the 2.2 Update.

However, you might want to hold off. In the Android support forums, a Google employee posted this message:

Just wanted to give a heads up that the build floating around is not the official Froyo release. You will get an automatic notification when we OTA the build, no need to manually download it. You will still get the automatic notification if the official release is a newer version than the one you have, so don’t sweat…but I’d highly recommend waiting for our official release

Im having problems with my gps... :rolleyes:

its slow and it lost its accuracy! :D

Guest wrxtc714

Any updates will be updated here as well.

there are no issues that I see with this release and if there is a official one like you say then even better.

What is the point of waiting.

flash now and flash again later. No big deal.

Guest grex49
Any updates will be updated here as well.

there are no issues that I see with this release and if there is a official one like you say then even better.

What is the point of waiting.

flash now and flash again later. No big deal.

True.....very true! :rolleyes:

Guest AGeleff

I flashed this ROM onto my AT&T Nexus One and I've been seeing faster 3G data speeds, but the weird thing is, I'm seeing less reception in places where I used to have full reception. It's strange.

I flashed the radio included in this ROM and it delivers faster 3G speeds and all, but I'm kinda worried that the lesser reception is going to catch up to me eventually. Any ideas or suggestions on what I can do to make it better? I'm still debating on whether or not I want to return to the Sense UI Desire ROM, because I love the Sense so much.

Guest qvert

Can i cook a rom including 2.1 build.prop and than install all my paid protected apps like tapatalk, than cook a second rom wihtout 2.1 build.prop and still use them? i think so right?

will i than see the apps again if they included 2.2 build prop in the market without any issues?

Guest theletterj

I apologize if this has already been brought up, but I haven't seen it anywhere. As we know, this was a pre-release with the official build coming late next week OTA (so the rumor is, anyway). It's said that if you're running the official stock Froyo build, you will still receive the update.

Coming from the stock AT&T Build (EPE54B), I had to root, flash the custom recovery, and then flash Paul's repack from this thread. I know if I want to be able to install the new Official OTA Build, I'll need to flash to the stock recovery image.

My question is, since Paul repacked this, it's not really a stock build anymore, so how does that impact the upcoming OTA upgrade? I admittedly don't know what Google looks at to determine if your OS build is stock or not, so please excuse my ignorance on the subject.

I just want to know what my options are in terms of receiving the OTA upgrade; whether it be downflashing to ERE27 then using the official ROM to flash back to FRF50, or just reflashing the recovery image to Froyo's stock.

Guest donchele
My question is, since Paul repacked this, it's not really a stock build anymore, so how does that impact the upcoming OTA upgrade? I admittedly don't know what Google looks at to determine if your OS build is stock or not, so please excuse my ignorance on the subject.

I was just thinking about it...

My question is:

I flashed Pauls rom... and because it was originally released to all Tmo N1's mine is not doing so great with its radio... (the gps is slow and inaccurate)... and im thinking about the upcoming OTA upgrade too, is mine going to be recognized as a tmo being att's version?

So... do i have just to wait for a cook to release a version of froyo for att? or should i flash my eclair backup and flash my orginal radio again (this scares the crap out of me)?

The gps problems dont bother me so much, but, im thinking all the futures issues... should i just wait or whut?

Guest chouki
I was just thinking about it...

My question is:

I flashed Pauls rom... and because it was originally released to all Tmo N1's mine is not doing so great with its radio... (the gps is slow and inaccurate)... and im thinking about the upcoming OTA upgrade too, is mine going to be recognized as a tmo being att's version?

So... do i have just to wait for a cook to release a version of froyo for att? or should i flash my eclair backup and flash my orginal radio again (this scares the crap out of me)?

The gps problems dont bother me so much, but, im thinking all the futures issues... should i just wait or whut?

I have the same problem with the new radio.. and the battery is very scary, i think it's cause by the radio, someone test with the original radio?

I have the same problem with the new radio.. and the battery is very scary, i think it's cause by the radio, someone test with the original radio?

I'm in the same boat. I used Paul's (excellent work) to flash my AT&T nexus one. The battery life is terrible. My assumption is that it is using T-Mobile's radio instead of one better designed for AT&T. Hopefully, this will all be resolved with the official, official FroYo update.

Is their a way to keep froyo and downgrade the radio to what it was before I flashed?

Guest Batmensch

I'm not having battery problems with my N1; I was running CM 5.0.7.1N; wiped flashed Paul's Froyo package, no problem and subjectively I'd say battery life is significantly better.

I'm in the same boat. I used Paul's (excellent work) to flash my AT&T nexus one. The battery life is terrible. My assumption is that it is using T-Mobile's radio instead of one better designed for AT&T. Hopefully, this will all be resolved with the official, official FroYo update.

Is their a way to keep froyo and downgrade the radio to what it was before I flashed?

I'm not having battery problems with my N1; I was running CM 5.0.7.1N; wiped flashed Paul's Froyo package, no problem and subjectively I'd say battery life is significantly better.

And your running on AT&T? I'm coming from stock unrooted 2.1. What kind of battery life are you seeing? Does it last a full day?

Guest AndyCr15

Does anyone know why Meridian player would stop playing after 30 minutes exactly? I was out on the bike today and it did it 3 times, all after 30 minutes. I think other things kept going, I was using TripJournal which seemed to stop once, but keep going the other times.

I have Advanced Task Manager installed, but any kind of auto kill is off. I have Automatic Task Killer, with a 5 minute delay and Meridian isn't selected to be killed anyway. Just wondered if there was some kind of 'standby mode' that FroYo goes into after 30 minutes?

Guest shogen

looks good... SHould I be updating the radio... or should I stick with original?

Also, how do I find out the radio version currently installed.....????

Edited by shogen