24/May - FRF50 (Froyo) pre-rooted update zip + no radio option + online kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest indieladadam

needs to be able to use titanium backup =[ also are you going to work on adding froyo apps to the desire rom kitchen? like the gallery and browser n stuff? and could you also add settings app menu thing because i prefer the nexus one to desire since it open straight into downloaded apps also i prefer home screen if it had pinch to zoom.. would be great if could like single out the features of the 2 ROMS n let us bake what we like ^^

Guest lamabodo
needs to be able to use titanium backup =[ also are you going to work on adding froyo apps to the desire rom kitchen? like the gallery and browser n stuff? and could you also add settings app menu thing because i prefer the nexus one to desire since it open straight into downloaded apps also i prefer home screen if it had pinch to zoom.. would be great if could like single out the features of the 2 ROMS n let us bake what we like ^^

And I would like a golden unicorn, half a million dollars in quarters and Bolivia. Preferably yesterday.

Guest shogen

So, I have 2 different Nexus Ones.... One for T-mo and other for Att .... The updated radio actually performs better for the T-mo version and not the Att.... Not sure what is the root cause of it....

Guest douglasjboehme
NO pre-requisites. :(

P

Sorry, just want to be clear on this - we can wipe and apply the "FRF50 with radio" version directly? You seem to imply that we can just apply it but I see the other post indicating "First go to shipped, then apply ERE27 and this update". Which is correct? Sorry if this is obvious but I just want to be sure.

Guest erikthered

Just a quick note on the AT&T Nexus One. The device that I have has a rooted rom on it. I replaced it with the stock rom on this forum for the EPE54B. Then ran the modified FRF50 FROYO update file that did not include the radio rom. Works Great!

I tried the stock update with the radio rom but had 3g and wifi issues shortly after doing the update. Use the non-radio version and you should be fine.

Love Froyo! Phone has been working great and the browser is wicked fast.

Thank you Paul!

Edited by erikthered

Guest donchele
Just a quick note on the AT&T Nexus One. The device that I have has a rooted rom on it. I replaced it with the stock rom on this forum for the EPE54B. Then ran the modified FRF50 FROYO update file that did not include the radio rom. Works Great!

I tried the stock update with the radio rom but had 3g and wifi issues shortly after doing the update. Use the non-radio version and you should be fine.

Love Froyo! Phone has been working great and the browser is wicked fast.

Thank you Paul!

Did you went back to your previous radio? Im willing to do thar but its scares me...

Guest indieladadam
And I would like a golden unicorn, half a million dollars in quarters and Bolivia. Preferably yesterday.

if you dont ask you dont get ^^ plus pay £400 u expect the shiz lol.. and paul is making a hefty profit on ammount of subscribers he has...

Guest ushim6

Anybody getting automatic FC for Terminal Emulator and Titanium Backup saying it couldnt get root? SuperUser Permissions asked me and everything...

Guest Ariperelman

Whats the difference between flashing with or without Radio?

i had an EPE54B, and flashed Froyo without Radio, just because i thought that the Radio on my device (3G 850/1900mhz) was different than ERE27.

Guest Mati@Gdoc

a little bit late, but installed over rooted and with himem patched stock rom. Works flawlessly without wipe. One, which I spotted is memory showed by QuickSystemInfo - 386MB avail, 253Free, also more than in 2.1 with himem :-)

Speed increase is noticable (especially in Gallery-App) but if it's 450% ? Not sure ...

No UMTS issues sofar, will see.

Edited by Mati@Gdoc

Guest Killer X
Had a few issues with the WiFi tether but it finally worked. Speed below is in Oviedo area of Central Fl. 823168294.png

Can't wait for the ROM's to be built off of this, some here are reporting they lost their root access, I can confirm I still have root access. Root Explorer is working fine, and superuser is installed.

The only thing I am missing now is my wake via trackball and Desire camera, all though the new camera app isn't bad.

I would really like to see 2.2 with Sense UI.

Hi,

how did u finally have wifi tethering working pliz? Coz, its is not working on my 2.2 N1. I can connect with my PC, but when i wanna access a page, only the "up" arrow under the 3G logo on the status bar is on, the "down" arrow stays black!

Anyone having the same issue?

Franck

Guest ChrisSpera

the kitechen is great! I got thru about 8 or so pages of this thread before I had to stop (I'm at work...)

Is there a cache of custom ingredient zips that we might be able to choose from to include in our ROM's? has anyone put something like that together yet? Might save many the running around it takes to find all that stuff...

GREAT job, Paul! Thanks again for all of your help!

Edited by ChrisSpera

Guest Dan1986
Anybody getting automatic FC for Terminal Emulator and Titanium Backup saying it couldnt get root? SuperUser Permissions asked me and everything...

You need to install BusyBox first before running Titunium Backup. Once installed it works fine.

Guest tech2332

I get

signature verification failed

installation aborted

I'm on a Mac so when I download the folder I zip it up and place it in the root of the sd card. Bootloader unlocked and rooted

Kernel Version: 2.6.29.6-gcbca6ae root@vmware-karmic-x64 #5

Build #: EPE54B

And using RA Amon's Recovery 1.7.0.1

Help please?

Guest Danvad

I am running this version, and I am very pleased with it ... ;)

Is there away to update this version to the new FRF83?

Best regards Danvad

Guest Cue_32
Hey Paul, just registered to say, amazing work, and also to ask two questions:

Does this work with AT&T radio/EPE54B?

Does this require unlock baseband/root?

I have a stock, locked, unrooted AT&T N1.

To those who are concerned about doing this on their Rogers/AT&T Nexus Ones, don't worry because it WILL work.

Using Nexus One or Rogers Network (Canada) EPE54B now showing FRF83

All functionality intact, 3G connectivity present.

Thanks Paul... Been enjoying Froyo goodness for the past 2 weeks.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MindBuster

Alright...

I followed all the instructions and downloaded and installed the froyo ROM WITH radio.

the procedure seems to have worked fine, i have froyo and my phone is stable. (thanks , by the way).

my question is how do i access the radio? i have no radio application anywhere.

is this downloaded separately?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kaykhanittha

Hi, do you know if there is a way to update my N1 Cyanogen 5.0.4-N1 automatically to Froyo ?

If not it means that i have to do it manually, but is it difficult for newbie ? i bought the phone with Cyanogen already, so I never installed anything ?

My problem is that the option to choose your carrier in NETWORT doesn't work at all, and when i am abroad (as at home) i can't see the list of networks available, do you know this problem ?

Thank you for your help.

Guest wdfowty
Hi, do you know if there is a way to update my N1 Cyanogen 5.0.4-N1 automatically to Froyo ?

If not it means that i have to do it manually, but is it difficult for newbie ? i bought the phone with Cyanogen already, so I never installed anything ?

My problem is that the option to choose your carrier in NETWORT doesn't work at all, and when i am abroad (as at home) i can't see the list of networks available, do you know this problem ?

Thank you for your help.

No, to get the Over The Air update you have to have a stock recovery/rom setup. You will need to chose a package with the radio image, and I would suggest getting an FRF91 update instead of FRF50. It's newer.

once you have the .zip, place it at the root of your sdcard, turn off your phone. While holding down the volume down button, press the power button. You should see the white bootloader screen with skating androids at the bottom. It will scan for images, and it shouldn't find any. Use the volume down button to select "recovery", and select with the power button.

This should boot you into a custom recovery menu, either Amon_RA or Clockworkmod. You can tell them apart by the text at the top pf the screen. Something like "Clockworkmod Recovery v(X.X.X)".

The directions from here vary between the two recoveries, but basically you'll want to wipe DATA and CACHE, as well as DALVIK CACHE.

If you have Amon_RA recovery:

-Scroll down to "WIPE" with the trackball, click

-Select "wipe data/factory reset", confirm

-Select "wipe dalvik cache", confirm

-Press volume down to back out to the main menu

-Select "Flash zip from sd card"

-Select the zip you out on your sd card, confirm the flash. DO NOT INTERRUPT THIS PROCESS!!! (I can't stress this enough)

-When done, you should be at the main menu. Click "reboot system now" and your done!

If you have Clockworkmod recovery:

-Select "wipe date/factory reset", confirm

-select "advanced", then "wipe dalvik cache"

-Press the power button to get back to the main menu, if you aren't there already

-select "install zip from sdcard", then "choose zip"

-select the zip you desire, confirm the flash. DO NOT INTERRUPT THIS PROCESS!!!

That's it, you're done!