24/May - FRF50 (Froyo) pre-rooted update zip + no radio option + online kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest lamabodo
Anyone having problems with MMS? Seems to not send, then disappear from the conversation

Might not be the same thing, but here in Norway we're limited to 300KB as mms message size. The stock Mms.apk allows for message size above 1MB, making it impossible to send. I've edited the apk so that it works for me. Won't give any promises for anyone else, and you should pull the original apk so that you have a backup.

Download the new apk here http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25022/Mms.apk

./adb remount

./adb pull /system/app/Mms.apk /your/backup/folder

./adb push /where/you/downloaded/Mms.apk /system/app/

It works for me, but - as I said - I take no responsibilities ;-) If all fails, just push the original apk back.

Anyone seen a way to make the status bar black? It's sticking out like a sore thumb now, when everything else is nice and dark.

Edited by lamabodo

Guest Technocambo

thank you so much paul! i've been wantin to flash this all day loooooong lol now it works pretty smoothly n oh n the speed is noticeably FASTER than 2.1.

Guest phoenixhaha

OMFG I NEED HELP.

Okay i'll try explaining everything.

I was on r22 initially. Downloaded the froyo custom rom, turned off my phone, rebooted, entered the recovery thing, backed up, wiped just about everything and went to flash zip from sd. Selected the froyo one, and it started to unzip and install. After it was done, I hastily read some text at the bottom that said reboot with volume down+menu or something like that. But in hurry, I just clicked on reboot system in the main menu with the trackball. Some screen came and my phone wouldn't get past the screen. I thought I'd take out the battery and try again. AND NOW MY NEXUS WOULDN'T TURN ON. It's not like its not going past some screen. It just isn't turning on. Had it connected to the charger for quite sometime now. PLEASE HELP ME FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. :'(

PLEASE? :'(

Guest joni1337

Thanks Paul, ur my hero! it was so worth waiting for ur repack, thanks u for taking time from ur busy weekend to feed the community :rolleyes:

@roboznoize

Flash wasn't working for me....hmmmm gonna wipe and reflash hope it works...i was getting the little lego block with a question mark!

Try Downloading it from the Market dunno but i had to do is aaswell... works fine now

Guest Squeaky369

Can someone confirm if this is just an issue with me, or if anyone is having this issue.

I install a bunch of apps on the phone, and then lets say I do a restart for something random. Half the apps that I installed when I reboot are gone, uninstalled, missing, whatever.

The three main apps that I am having this issue with are CPUSet, Process Manager, and my Weather & Toggle Widgets.

Is anyone else having this issue.... I know protected apps aren't showing up in the market, but all three of those I have purchased, and was able to re-download them...

Thanks!

Guest greywolfnz

got a problem with Droidwall .

install OK but when applying rules i am getting:

getsockopt for multiport failed strangely: no such file or directory .

anyone with same issue

i am tryign to block email traffic when not on wifi

Guest Squeaky369

I figured my issue out.

I was forcing all apps to install to the SD card, but when the system is booting, the SD card doesn't mount right away. So the system thinks all the apps have been removed, and, well, removes them.

Guest greywolfnz

anyone with same issue

correction errors is the same when running iptables from terminal .

Guest B1ny

Went straight from 5.0.7 t2 without wipe and everything is fine, thanks :rolleyes:

The only negative for me is that Market Enabler doesn't work yet and that the Market is so incredible slow.

Edit: switched off wifi and Market speeded right up :D

Edited by B1ny

Guest B1ny

I have it as well, good thing I don't need it until a couple of weeks :rolleyes:

anyone with same issue

Guest shivers316

Everything works great for me going straight from CM 5.0.7 t3 except the market. When downloading an app it hangs on 100% and never installs. It does that when I wipe, install, and restore everything with Titanium too.

Guest v0yeur

Thanks Paul, works a treat. I am really impressed with 2.2 overall. One question: anyone know how to add a custom app to the Car Home dock on page 2? I am guessing apps need to support it? Battery life is much better too.

Guest Deathwish238
Deathwish.

Hi are you using an ATT N1? If so did you flash the radio?

Can you give install instructions for ATT users?

Thanks!

I'm using a T-Mobile N1 on ATT. I wiped data/cache/ext and then flashed the ROM w/ radio. Just like other ROMs, nothing special.

After installing Titanium Backup and restoring apps I'm pretty happy. Faster for sure. Haven't played around with flash yet.

Only wish so far...that you can choose what app the phone button opens. I prefer Dialer One.

OMFG I NEED HELP.

Okay i'll try explaining everything.

I was on r22 initially. Downloaded the froyo custom rom, turned off my phone, rebooted, entered the recovery thing, backed up, wiped just about everything and went to flash zip from sd. Selected the froyo one, and it started to unzip and install. After it was done, I hastily read some text at the bottom that said reboot with volume down+menu or something like that. But in hurry, I just clicked on reboot system in the main menu with the trackball. Some screen came and my phone wouldn't get past the screen. I thought I'd take out the battery and try again. AND NOW MY NEXUS WOULDN'T TURN ON. It's not like its not going past some screen. It just isn't turning on. Had it connected to the charger for quite sometime now. PLEASE HELP ME FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. :'(

PLEASE? :'(

You may have pulled your battery when the radio was flashing...in which case you might have a brick...

Pulling your battery during flashing is a big no no

Very weird that it won't turn on at all

Edited by Deathwish238

Guest qippie
Went straight from 5.0.7 t2 without wipe and everything is fine, thanks :rolleyes:

The only negative for me is that Market Enabler doesn't work yet and that the Market is so incredible slow.

Edit: switched off wifi and Market speeded right up :D

Im using market enabler .0.8 , works like a charm on 2.2

Guest thedonut
I figured my issue out.

I was forcing all apps to install to the SD card, but when the system is booting, the SD card doesn't mount right away. So the system thinks all the apps have been removed, and, well, removes them.

There definitely seems to be an art to choosing which apps should stay on the phone and which should be moved to SD. You wouldn't want Swype, for example, moved to SD or your keyboard wouldn't work when mounted with USB. It seems some Google apps already wisely disallow "move to SD," but many others allow you to move it without questioning your judgment. Live wallpapers, background apps (setcpu) should stay on the phone.

So far my Froyo experience has been mixed.

- My beloved Swype keyboard had to be updated to work correctly

- Handcent force closes on send. Reverting back to stock messaging app, which seems stable

- Ext and swap partitions seemed unused (just coming from ROMs with A2SD). I repartitioned (all FAT32) to gain back my ext space... Things seem much faster and more stable without the ext and swap.

- Apps moved to SD under Froyo actually consume less space, and I notice no performance impact with my Class 6 SD card... well done!

- The browser seems less capable than the browser from Paul's Sense UI for N1 ROM (R22}. The Flash capability on R22 allowed full-screen FLV playback, full-screen Flash app control, and the ability to force web sites to not use the mobile versions of web pages. (about:debug just gives me a blank page in Froyo) [update: ok, I finally understood that you need to then go to Menu, Settings]

- The camera is ok, but I much prefer the Desire/Sense camera with touch-focus from R22. Did I see this as a staff-alone apk somewhere?

Performance and stability seem fine, and strange reboots went away when I eliminated my ext partition.

Paul, a million thanks! I can't wait to see what you'll come up with next!

Edited by thedonut

Guest B1ny

It sure do man, I only got fc on it earlier, but must have forgot to try to reinstall it.

Im using market enabler .0.8 , works like a charm on 2.2

Guest veets

Updated over CM-5.0.6-N1-Stable - works like a charm.

Anyone know how to add trackball wake?

If I could get this I could be very happy :rolleyes:

I have seen reports from others that installed over CM that they still have trackball wake but I do not, I found the src for it before I get in to hacking it is there a simpler way?

Guest rgbc
- The browser seems less capable than the browser from Paul's Sense UI for N1 ROM (R22}. The Flash capability on R22 allowed full-screen FLV playback, full-screen Flash app control, and the ability to force web sites to not use the mobile versions of web pages. (about:debug just gives me a blank page in Froyo)

After typing about:debug you will see extra options in browser settings, change to desktop or iphone via UAString in settings.

Guest crimz
Might not be the same thing, but here in Norway we're limited to 300KB as mms message size. The stock Mms.apk allows for message size above 1MB, making it impossible to send. I've edited the apk so that it works for me. Won't give any promises for anyone else, and you should pull the original apk so that you have a backup.

Download the new apk here http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25022/Mms.apk

./adb remount

./adb pull /system/app/Mms.apk /your/backup/folder

./adb push /where/you/downloaded/Mms.apk /system/app/

It works for me, but - as I said - I take no responsibilities ;-) If all fails, just push the original apk back.

Anyone seen a way to make the status bar black? It's sticking out like a sore thumb now, when everything else is nice and dark.

I couldn't find a way to set the MMS size either resulting in my messages not being sent >< Kinda weird letting this out specially that MMS size various per carrier.