Paul When Can We Have Froyo On Desire ?

Guest RealUnknown

Guest Paul

Haha!

Playing with Froyo / Desire this morning, it's going to be fairly non trivial to port I suspect... waiting for the source to drop before I delve in too deeply...

P

Guest potter97
Haha!

Playing with Froyo / Desire this morning, it's going to be fairly non trivial to port I suspect... waiting for the source to drop before I delve in too deeply...

P

You see guys all your moaning.... and Paul still has time for you!!

Whats dose this tell ya???

Only that Paul is an AMAZING individual, if i ever have the pleasure to meet and to talk with someone like this face2face i would be proud to call him a friend.

Now let the man enjoy this amazing sun were having, heck im a give the man some money to have a beer on me :rolleyes:

Where can i donate a beer to your paul?? lol.

Guest Kali-
Haha!

P

i'm pretty sure port need a newer kernel like 2.6.32.9

i'm confident this http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=kernel/ms...roid-msm-2.6.32 is the froyo kernel source with few patch (froyo kernel was compiled Thu May 6 16:48:18 2010)

Guest zaphod0

I second that "Beer Donation" idea. A simple button perhaps? Very glad to hear some news on 2.2, not so glad to hear some of the ridiculous demands though. Relax folks, enjoy the sun! :rolleyes:

Guest yabolek

I have ADFREE already, but I would gladly donate to the Froyo-Desire port fund :rolleyes:

Or even better - cyanogen froyo @ desire port fund :D

Guest MaTiCeK

Here, this might be an interesting thread to watch over at xda. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...168#post6581168

Especially a post by gr0gmint:

I got everything working except:

*Microphone

*Bluetooth (forgot about that one)

*HDSPA

*Keeps reverting to EDGE/GPRS. 3G rarely works.

*Camera seems to work, but it won't "shoot" and freezes up.

Link www.mediafire.com/download.php?czdczyfje1z

Guest werpu
Well considering N1 is the first and last phone by Google... we'll have to go through HTC either way in the future.

I would not be so sure about it, the reason simply is that google does not abandon the N1 it simply changes the distribution model from a direct only store to phone company stores.

Google always had a reference platform, it used to be the G1 and that one was supported until the hardware absolutely could not handle the OS anymore in a sane manner, and now it is the N1.

It is part of googles model to have one reference platform which pushes the phone manufacturers and their lazy buttocks forward. One thing however which wont come again is the direct sales model.