[APP 07.06] I C THRU U 1.0 Final - Auto Transparent Wallpapers

Guest Jumba

Guest andrew.mazlim

Thxs again, I'll check it.

I thought to check a cpr from a rom which using that StartMenu List View and copy-paste it to MY personal theme and make it cab. Clever enough, is it?

Edited by andrew.mazlim

Guest dmcnado

Awesome tool, Jumba! I've been doing this (w/ the taskbars, softkeybars & M2D slider) manually for a while, but now I can do it quicker & easier w/ your tool. Thanks!

Guest Jumba

Cool dude, enjoy.

I've uploaded a new version, 0.5. This one includes QVGA support (testing)!

If you have a QVGA device please try it and let me know if it works okay.

Guest andrew.mazlim
Version 0.7 uploaded. Now supports all resolutions!

Great! Any luck with "semi" transparent soft keys, bro?

Guest Jumba
Great! Any luck with "semi" transparent soft keys, bro?

Not gonna happen m8. :rolleyes:

Unless I can find a command-line driven WinMo app that does transparency...

Guest magawa

Good job and waiting for the EXE

P.S : See My Name

Maybe I will Use it in my roms

what is your opinion ??

can I have permission for putting in my rom :rolleyes: ??

cheers

Guest Jumba
Good job and waiting for the EXE

P.S : See My Name

Maybe I will Use it in my roms

what is your opinion ??

can I have permission for putting in my rom :D ??

cheers

Sure thing, mate. Thank you very much for converting to .exe for me. :rolleyes:

I C Thru U 0.7 .EXE version uploaded to original post.

Edited by Jumba

Guest andrew.mazlim
Not gonna happen m8. :(

Unless I can find a command-line driven WinMo app that does transparency...

No worries, your tweak ROCKS! Very impressing, bro.

Guest dollar99

hey i can't open the new 1.0b3 version on my omnia,

It doesn't gives any error but when i click on it, the wait cursor just rotates and nothing happened.

and when i restart the phone everything's messed-up, mainly the bottom bar.

One more thing, i installed the app on my storage.

Any solutions to this.

Guest Jumba
hey i can't open the new 1.0b3 version on my omnia,

It doesn't gives any error but when i click on it, the wait cursor just rotates and nothing happened.

and when i restart the phone everything's messed-up, mainly the bottom bar.

One more thing, i installed the app on my storage.

Any solutions to this.

Hi, yeah there seems to be a problem on some devices - I think it's because of Mortscript issues. The solution is to re-select your theme in Start > Settings > Home and restart if necessary.

The other answer is to install the new beta 1.0b4 (see first post). :( Please test and let me know if it works. Also, if you're not using an Omnia + WM6.5.x then please specify your device/res/os. Thanks, it helps me when troubleshooting.

Edited by Jumba

Guest dollar99

Much better than the previous one

Installed it on my Omnia I900 with WM6.5.x (Nick's 23548)

At first clicked on the icon, the same thing happened as the last version (no message nor any activity happening)

then i restarted my phone and tried to open it again - wait cursor disappeared after some time and nothing happened.

then clicking any where on the screen, a window appeared asking for wallpaper file

selecting the required wallpaper, the magic works.

It worked like a charm as expected but starting trouble i suppose.

when & where do i get this screen ictu-interfwq.jpg

Edited by dollar99

Guest Jumba

Okay, version 1.0b5 is up in the first post. The gui should hopefully now work. Please forgive the issues, I am pretty new to this app stuff. :(

Guest dollar99
Okay, version 1.0b5 is up in the first post. The gui should hopefully now work. Please forgive the issues, I am pretty new to this app stuff. :(

Will check out the new version,

secondly, there is no need for any forgiveness.

you are helping us to make our WM's much better

We should be the only one thanking you for doing your best and lending your free time for us.

thanksqo.gif

Guest Jumba

:( Thanks friend, it's a pleasure.

Just a quick explanation of how the app works:

1. The link calls the executable file which runs the script called "I C Thru U"

2. This script then calls the gui launcher script, using the mortscript included with the app and a utility called cimg.exe (this was were the problem lay - I had a copy of cimg in my windows folder, so the app was automatically using that one instead of the one in the installation folder. I deleted the windows one and suddenly the gui wasn't working anymore - so I managed to replicate the problem. I have now changed the script so it calls the correct file).

3. cimg.exe displays the interface image, which is simply a .jpg in the install folder - so anyone can skin it if they want by editing this file. :(

4. Using a command in mortscript 4.3b15 called "Screenshot Click()" the app freezes the image and waits for a click on the screen.

5. The app then determines the coordinates and executes the appropriate subroutine.

I must say it's a great and simple way to create an interface for pretty much any app. I will post the script to the Mortscript Example Accumulation thread so other people can play around with it. Thanks to Max B for the help.

So I really do hope all the bugs have been ironed out in the latest release, it's all quite experimental at this stage but with your help I'm sure it will be running perfectly soon.

Next on the list of options - multiple backup slots, so you can save a number of different "themes" to restore later.

Edited by Jumba

Guest dollar99

Wow,

works like a charm

Now i get it how it works,

actually too much of technical info for noob like me,

but its gud to know all that for messing around

Thanks buddy. Thanks all for your effort for us

Guest dollar99

If you don't mind one more question before end of the day,

What is the diff. between two (arrow marks) - special fix and normal?

ictuinterfwq.jpg

Guest Jumba

Cool, glad it's FINALLY working. :(

The bottom button is part of the "System" menu and is only to be used if your start menu starts acting weird after applying a new windows theme. This is not a common problem so you probably won't need to use it. The button above it is part of the "New Wallpaper" Section. Clicking it will let you select a new wallpaper but won't make any of the bars transparent. i.e. it just changes the wallpaper.

Oh right, that Mortscript Examples thread I was talking about is over here. Everyone should play around with it, it's an awesome app.

Edited by Jumba

Guest Jumba

NEW VERSION RELEASED

07.06 - 1.0RC - Lots of improvements, stability and added features. Now the app lets you scale/crop large images to fit, automatically syncs the Manila and Today wallpapers, allows for the removal of all Manila backgrounds on the home tab, transparent start menu background, no need to restart after making changes to Manila, etc. Please test.

Please note: Because this new version uses a more complex method of resizing and cropping, some operations will take longer than they did in the older version. Sometimes it may appear like nothing is happening, but please do wait for the app to finish. You will be prompted to restart when done, or Manila will auto-refresh.

See first post for download.