[Boot Animations] **Updated 05/09/2010**

Guest potter97

Guest potter97
Works fine. So the very first white boot screen is not possible to change?

No unfortuantly that is a HTC thing that will stick, although i did see last night in /system/media/resorces/ andother bootanimation with the white htc .pngs in it, but i would not suggest to just remove it, incase it really messes up your phone, so be warned. lol

Guest Muyfa666

I did try to replace it before reading here, but it is very read-only, so it was a no-go. :-)

I'll stick with the default one now. Without sound it's ok.

Guest potter97
I did try to replace it before reading here, but it is very read-only, so it was a no-go. :-)

I'll stick with the default one now. Without sound it's ok.

This may sound stupid but i have NEVER herd the sound on boot as i had a Virgin bootanimation. So have no idear what this sound is lol, i may have to rip it out just to listen to it ;)

Guest Whiler92
This may sound stupid but i have NEVER herd the sound on boot as i had a Virgin bootanimation. So have no idear what this sound is lol, i may have to rip it out just to listen to it :(

Download it, check the Repeat option of your player, listen to it 10 times with your volume set to maximum... it should be enough to understand why all of us have desactivate it ;)

Guest potter97
Hey m8,

In the Small family, I present: :(

small.gif

12KB

Lol, hang on i can't quite see it ;)

Only joking ...

Edited by potter97

Guest ascot17
Updated with app....

Please see first post.

Please feel free to leave any comments below for improvement and help ;)

Just searched for 'boot changer' in the market but could not find it. Reading the barcode (free app) doesn't work either - still not found.....

Edit 1:

Used the barcode for the paid app - this brings up Root Animation Changer Pro. From there went to 'more applications' and got Root Animation Changer Lite.

Will give it a try - thanks!

Edit 2:

Have the Lite version installed, but can't view any of the previews. I just get an empty black box....

Edited by ascot17

Guest potter97
Just searched for 'boot changer' in the market but could not find it. Reading the barcode (free app) doesn't work either - still not found.....

Edit 1:

Used the barcode for the paid app - this brings up Root Animation Changer Pro. From there went to 'more applications' and got Root Animation Changer Lite.

Will give it a try - thanks!

Edit 2:

Have the Lite version installed, but can't view any of the previews. I just get an empty black box....

Hmm..... Thats very weird, i just used both codes with barcode scanner, and the both worked as intended, what country are you from ??, Thats weird not sure why its not working for you...

Ill update the first post to let people know to use barcode scanner as i know its working.

The preview dont work for me either, the dev who made the app has a Droid, so im only guessing its made for that, i have to re-edit all the bootanimations so they could be used on our phones ;)

I will be doing some more over the coming weeks, im just trying to find time to do them around other commitments atm.

Guest ascot17
Hmm..... Thats very weird, i just used both codes with barcode scanner, and the both worked as intended, what country are you from ??, Thats weird not sure why its not working for you...

Ill update the first post to let people know to use barcode scanner as i know its working.

Tried the barcodes again and both now working. Maybe the market was just going through a bad patch!

(England btw - as per the little flag in my profile ;) !)

Guest potter97
Tried the barcodes again and both now working. Maybe the market was just going through a bad patch!

(England btw - as per the little flag in my profile :( !)

Ah yea ;)

Excuse me im a little (lot) slow at times. Properly those herbs

Guest potter97
Ah yea :lol:

Excuse me im a little (lot) slow at times. Properly those herbs

Added a new bootanimation to the app

benderproworkingsmall24.gif

But unfortuantly you have to buy the app to access all the new ones im making :D

Edited by potter97

Guest potter97
Wow noone pay for your boot animations

bender.png

It takes 2 Minutes to create your "Futurama Bender 1"

Oh im sorry did you make any ??

And watch your launguage kids go on here ....

And im making them for people who dont have time or skill to make them.

If you do great why don't you make some then ?

A one post wonder... pmsl, jog on ...

Oh and for your info i have been making them for 3 weeks exactly so give me time to get a lot better

In 2 minuets huh, well it takes at least 5 mins to make the mask, takes approx 15min - 1hr to get the timing how you want it, then making the shine effect say another 10-15mins for positioning, oh then the rendering takes a few min, so 2 mins really? What are you GOD??

More of a Moran to just take a stab at someone, who is making the effort to make this stuff. And i only get like 30p per animation so im not in it for the money, the apps not mine..

Edited by SgtDavePwnage

Guest Climbatize
Kinda off topic, but it is possible to have no boot screen and show the terminal/console going through startup instead?

+1 :lol:

Guest potter97
+1 :lol:

Now that actually sounds quite mint :D,

Im only guessing but i can only suggest it would be some kind of verbouse output from terminal, Not sure how you would get it to show tho, maybe a fake verbouse mode animation. ??

Guest jolehacker
Added a new bootanimation to the app

benderproworkingsmall24.gif

But unfortuantly you have to buy the app to access all the new ones im making :)

you don't have to buy the app :D you just have to save this image and use photoshop to split it to alot o frames :D and add them to an .zip file

but i think potter97 work is really great so buy this app :lol:

Guest potter97
you don't have to buy the app :D you just have to save this image and use photoshop to split it to alot o frames :D and add them to an .zip file

but i think potter97 work is really great so buy this app :lol:

LOL, Knew someone would work that out :)

Thanks for the compliment Jolehacker :)

OMG, just been learning how to make 3D models in blender today, OMFG!!!!

Lets just say it not easy :)

I'm making a 3D android, so i could have him flying in a scene in full 3D, i just hope it works out and looks as good as i want it to.

Guest Time Sheep

Erm, my Desire won't change boot animation?

It's rooted with r6. Installed FRF83 r19 MCR using ClockworkMod... I just hate the standard boot animation from HTC. They have this shiny HTC logo, and then they use the green and white one on their newest phone -.-'

/data/local doesn't even exist :/

Edited by Time Sheep

Guest potter97
Erm, my Desire won't change boot animation?

It's rooted with r6. Installed FRF83 r19 MCR using ClockworkMod... I just hate the standard boot animation from HTC. They have this shiny HTC logo, and then they use the green and white one on their newest phone -.-'

/data/local doesn't even exist :/

Hmmm that could be a major future problem.

I'll ask the dev to look into making it Froyo compitible.

Is their still /system/media on the froyo Rom ?

Thanks

Guest potter97
I use it now..

I like and installed the Droid piss on iPhone Animation ...

LOL

Please more Futurama Animations, not only Bender.

Let me know who you want and ill make it for you and everyone else

Guest Time Sheep
Hmmm that could be a major future problem.

I'll ask the dev to look into making it Froyo compitible.

Is their still /system/media on the froyo Rom ?

Thanks

Yes... And there is a bootanimation.zip in there too. Although i tried a different method done with a batch script and USB debugging mode... Didn't work either.

And the zip file seems to come from this app.

In fact, the app is crashing the phone when I click the appropriate resolution.

EDIT: No, the zip is the stock one :lol:

Edited by Time Sheep

Guest Guili
Let me know who you want and ill make it for you and everyone else

Ey, cool!

I would be nice to see the Futurama Planet Express crew.