[Boot Animations] **Updated 05/09/2010**

Guest potter97

Guest quentin2

Thanks for the guide for symlinks... I'll try that one - COOL.

@potter97: yes, I read quite often these days... had to struggle some issues including the correct partitioning of my SD card for A2SD (the problem is: I did correctly, but as Windows user I used Acronis Disk Director and found out this tool makes crap!)... by "notification" I meant pointing me out that it does not work for Froyo - I must have overread that...

Edited by quentin2

Guest potter97
Yes it never worked with r4 but it no longer works for me as I was r3.1 before.

I assumed you were the dev as you put this thread up and I have every reason to be hacked off. Nowhere on the app does it say "incompatible with froyo".

Oh and stop being a moron in your responses. I asked a genuine question. Doesn't matter if it's a modded rom or not as it doesn't work on a Froyo nexus one either you plonker so don't patronise me with your "stop crying" and "wake up a bit" crap thanks.

One problem with the market is the 1 day refund; under the trading standards I can get a refund for any item up to 28 days if it's not fit for purpose especially if the seller is a c*nt who doesn't respond to emails.

It's d*ck sellers like this on the Android market which is why the Market will never be able to compete with the App store. People like me that spend £10-15 on apps a month keep getting burnt so we spend less. We spend less and cheapskates spend f*ck all. Genuine developers do not get paid and so they develop for iPhone instead.

Thats was your fist mistake Assumption, Have you not learnt yet never assume anything in life, and Question EVERYTHING. Lesson learnt..

Well first off this thread was started WAY before the app was even thought up, hence y i dont feel the need to explain every single detail about the app, Secondly the app was never designed with "froyo" in mind as at the time their was not a sniff of Froyo out. And untill Froyo is released "Officially" i very much doubt their will be a real fix yet. It was only ever designed for Eclaire 2.1, you should be directing your concers to the dev, not myself.

And thanks to Warrie their is a solution for you, so yes, you can stop your whining and use that method!. And i completely agree i am a miserable fu*ker, but hay that's just me :angry: I dont have time to provide support for an app i did not make, nore have any idear how it really works, Ie: java code.

And for the 1 day market thing, well thats up to google really not me :D

Maybe you should take them to court???

And tbh i dont give a dam how much you do or dont spend on the market, the simple fact is if people have a need for an app they will buy it regardless.

Also it dose matter on some certain modded roms as some cooks change a few things that may stop the app from working. But it is very rare.

And the fact that it was your own fault the app is not working, Ie you upgraded to an unofficial ROM IS your own fault, nobody else's.

Edited by potter97

Guest potter97
Thanks for the guide for symlinks... I'll try that one - COOL.

@potter97: yes, I read quite often these days... had to struggle some issues including the correct partitioning of my SD card for A2SD (the problem is: I did correctly, but as Windows user I used Acronis Disk Director and found out this tool makes crap!)... by "notification" I meant pointing me out that it does not work for Froyo - I must have overread that...

Ah no problem Quentin2, I must admit i got the wrong end of the stick on that to. lol.

But in my defence i really dont know what device and ROM every other user is using, i cannot mind read, boy how i wish i could tho !!

So sorry bout that m8.

I hope Warrie Solution works for you, please let me know buddy :angry:

Guest Café King

In some roms there is a bootanimation just showing "android"... It's grey/silver and there's a little animation in it. It's very simple, but I love it!

Where can I find it? Anyone? :angry:

/CK

Guest Time Sheep

Warrie, didn't want to quote your guide...

I assume that it is the terminal from within the SDK?

Aditionally I have a request.

Make another bootscreen with the peeking droid and shiny HTC, but make some shiny effects on the HTC logo instead of just freezing the image. I would looooove to have an animation that was animated all the time. (Sometimes it crashes on boot)

Edited by Time Sheep

Guest StuMcBill
In some roms there is a bootanimation just showing "android"... It's grey/silver and there's a little animation in it. It's very simple, but I love it!

Where can I find it? Anyone? :angry:

/CK

I think this is the one I want, but I have had no joy finding it yet. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest David_P

I have tried this app and a similar one but i still get the stock animation.

I also used ADB to push a bootanimation.zip to /data/local and it still failed to display anything but the stock animation.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

cheers

David

Guest potter97
I have tried this app and a similar one but i still get the stock animation.

I also used ADB to push a bootanimation.zip to /data/local and it still failed to display anything but the stock animation.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

cheers

David

If your using froyo you have to us the update.fix on the website.

If not then as long as your rooted it should work.

Guest seaders

can you please explain this part to me? the update.fix? I'm running the latest r7 build from HTC's official Froyo release, in the other thread, but I've never heard about update.fix. I have also pushed a bootanimation to /data/local, but that didn't work either. anything else I should have to do?

Guest Benjamin120

I would be happy, if everone could create a step by step instruction for changing the boot-animation.

I would also like to bringt my own signs in the animation. Is that possible?

Thank you

Guest tonemgub1
Another new one, was a request on XDA forums..

androidpiss.gif

Android pissing on apple @ 20fps called : bootanimation.zip

20FPS

Android Pissing on apple @ 15fps called : bootanimation.zip

15FPS

And enjoy :)

its down, could you reupload it please? thanks!

OK, I have a question regarding bootanimations, so I thought I would just post here, rather than posting a new topic.

When I had opendesire 1.6pre2 installed, I had a very nice "scrolling" ANDROID bootlogo (the same as the one which loads when you run the emulator in the SDK), however, I had a look through the downloaded ROM and I couldn't find the bootanimation to extract and use on my current ROM (MCRr4 Sense/Froyo).

Does anyone know how I can extract it from this zip file, or where I could download it?

Thanks

Stu

I was looking for this for ages... plain and simple. However, after installing today's r8 release... there it is! Nice!

Guest AndreyK

Hi guys,

I need a help.

I tried to set new bootscreen like it's described in first post of this topic, but instead of new bootscreen i lost stock bootscreen of my HTC desire.

Now instead of stock bootscreen i got black screen with animated label "android".

I wiped everything, tried to restore backup or flash new Modaco Custom Rom, but still i have this black string with "android"

I'm using Modaco r8 ROM.

Can i return my stock bootscreen (white screen with green HTC and quietly brilliant) back?

I really need it.

Thanks for a help

Guest persko
I wiped everything, tried to restore backup or flash new Modaco Custom Rom, but still i have this black string with "android"

I'm using Modaco r8 ROM.

Well, that IS the boot screen, that comes with r8.

(I do not know, if Paul have any plans on changing that, does the boot screen really matter that much? if yes, use a stock rom)

Per

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mew789

I was interested by this one :

androidring320.gif

Can someone tell me where I can download this animation ? Is it compatible with my HTC Desire ?

Thanks

Edited by mew789

Guest potter97
I was interested by this one :

androidring320.gif

Can someone tell me where I can download this animation ? Is it compatible with my HTC Desire ?

Thanks

Hiya,

Yea I made that one. If you buy the pro app for $1.99 you can have it. I made it in 3 different sizes and their is a fix on the website for froyo.

Guest potter97
pro version bought but this bootanimation is not included...

I have an "Android Circle" bootanimation in the list but it's not the same !

Just finished uploading new one now :huh:,

sorry totally forgot about that it was on the to do list, to update that one ;)

Up now... lol

Just finished uploading new one now :huh:,

sorry totally forgot about that it was on the to do list, to update that one ;)

Up now... lol

is there any way I could buy your app?

I'm from a country which doesn't have the paid market, and I really liked your "pro" animations :D

edit: just found out about "market enabler", it worked, and now I bought your APP! :(

Edited by brbbX

Guest wiggy6230

Hi all,

Hope this helps someone.

I have been changing my boot animations for the last few days no problems following this guide.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=696189

Scroll down to the 4th post and I use the Alternative method to install a custom boot animation (without Recovery Mode - by MasDroid)

I have used the boot animations from this site and have had no problems.

http://droidboots.com/downloads/boot-animations/

Im not well versed in ADB or any of the other programming, I read alot of forums and find the answers.

ALL CREDIT TO THE ORIGINATORS.

Doug

Edited by wiggy6230

Guest potter97
howdy all,

i take it this works on froyo roms now?

assuming so, does it work irrespective of what rom i'm using?

Yea just apply the froyo fix from simproduction site. It just makes a symlink to data/local.

Guest potter97
is there any way I could buy your app?

I'm from a country which doesn't have the paid market, and I really liked your "pro" animations :(

edit: just found out about "market enabler", it worked, and now I bought your APP! :huh:

Ah cool. I actually forgot about market enabler. I was gonna send paypal link and app. But ill try remember market enabler for others thanks ;)