Trimmed vanilla 2.1 rom V9

Guest Richard_Arkless

Guest Richard_Arkless
That's only my guess, I'm no expert :rolleyes:

Ok, ill put it in there tonight or research about it

Question you know that paul moved /system/lib to the data partition because of system partition size was too small, how much space will I need to clear on the system partition to move it back, so we get more space for those non a2sd users like myself

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest Richard_Arkless

Ok I am uploading v3, this has now got the email apk, I fully tested this one (actually wiped everything and flashed it) and works fine

Could someone be kind and answer my previous question

Question you know that paul moved /system/lib to the data partition because of system partition size was too small, how much space will I need to clear on the system partition to move it back, so we get more space for those non a2sd users like myself

EDIT: its uploaded now

Guest Richard_Arkless
Could you add a changelog? Would be useful 4me

there you go, sorry about the wait

Guest Richard_Arkless

Uploading v4, what time frame do you think I should work at

1 everyday unless to fix a problem in the rom

or 1 every 4 days

oh ill also add a poll to see how many actually use my rom

Guest Richard_Arkless
There is a newer version of the N1 gallery without the rotation bug. Here you go:

Gallery_1.1.30682.rar

Cheers!

Thanks ive put a link to it in main post, where you finding this so I know what the latest version is

Guest igor_anta
Thanks ive put a link to it in main post, where you finding this so I know what the latest version is

The bowels of the Android underground:D I think you can find it on the XDA forum somewhere since they began to add it to their custom roms, I got it from Blapk Market. Cheers!

Guest Richard_Arkless
The bowels of the Android underground:D I think you can find it on the XDA forum somewhere since they began to add it to their custom roms, I got it from Blapk Market. Cheers!

Thanks, I decided to release a small update that has the updated version of this gallery, because that is the only change they can just download the apk if they want to

Richard - just wanted to say that I am using this ROM (am on v3, about to flash v4) and loving it so far. For some reason I'm finding it much more stable than the others.

I wouldn't personally commit to an update schedule per se - when you've made enough changes that you feel it justifies a new version, upload a new version! No point making yourself make a tweak for the sake of it, just so that you've got a new version to upload that day.

If you're taking suggestions, btw, I've never found a use for a calculator on a phone (esp. one where you could just type your sum into the Google search bar widget) and I would imagine that most people who are flashing custom ROMs would also use a root file explorer so if you could get rid of the default one that would be great (although perhaps this will be tied into the system like the default email app?).

Personally I would also kill off the Music and Talk apps, because I never use 'em, but I guess it's all personal taste...

Guest Rem1x
Personally I would also kill off the Music and Talk apps, because I never use 'em, but I guess it's all personal taste...

I think removing talk breaks things.

Guest Richard_Arkless
Richard - just wanted to say that I am using this ROM (am on v3, about to flash v4) and loving it so far. For some reason I'm finding it much more stable than the others.

I wouldn't personally commit to an update schedule per se - when you've made enough changes that you feel it justifies a new version, upload a new version! No point making yourself make a tweak for the sake of it, just so that you've got a new version to upload that day.

If you're taking suggestions, btw, I've never found a use for a calculator on a phone (esp. one where you could just type your sum into the Google search bar widget) and I would imagine that most people who are flashing custom ROMs would also use a root file explorer so if you could get rid of the default one that would be great (although perhaps this will be tied into the system like the default email app?).

Thanks for your comment, I agree with you on all parts really, ever since I started to remove apps I really have noticed it is more stable

I will most likely start to lookup what each app is and whether it is needed and decide whether it should be in there or not

I am kindly taking suggestions and I agree that the calculator is useless but this is why I moved it to data so that the user can decide, same with the browser (First thing I do is download dolphin so the default browser is just as useless)

As for the file explorer, it is not linked in with the system because google didnt put it in there, tmobile/huawei did. im not sure yet to leave the default in there but move it to data or take it out completely, I will decide that at a later date

I want to keep the google apps tightly together and most likely wont remove them as for the music app, I will most likely remove it and replace it with something else like tunewiki because of the last.fm integration but I am open to app suggestions

Guest biron_w

I've installed this and i'm liking it so far.I especially like ADW. And the gallery app on it. Will see just how stable it is tomorrow when i'm at work.

I would have the "my calendar" widget to have been left on as it's probably my favourite calendar.

Edited by biron_w

Guest Richard_Arkless
Will you consider applying EspressoV2 framework in your rom?

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...mework-factory/

Unfortunately if you look at my changelog v1 had the expressov2 framework and it was in a boot loop, its not a problem with my rom but is in fact something wrong with either the original 2.1 rom (tmobile) or a problem in shadows rom, I am holding it off until a solution is found

Guest rikkiej

your ROM rocks m8! love the galery, don't miss any of the stuff you deleted and haven't had a reboot yet!

T-mobile can &@#% my balls with their slowish updates :rolleyes:

Guest Jasio_m

I've installed V4.1 this morning. It looks great. I'll see in a few hours if it is stable...

Edit: first reboot after about 6 hours.

Edited by Jasio_m

Guest Richard_Arkless
I've installed V4.1 this morning. It looks great. I'll see in a few hours if it is stable...

Edit: first reboot after about 6 hours.

I know, unfortunately I dont know and im pretty sure other people dont know either on how to fix it but 2.1 is officially out now and seems they managed to fix the problem (upgraded just now)

Guest Richard_Arkless
You guys should start making the official 2.1 ROM more vanilla now :(

Well the u8230 is out and if its similar to the 1.5 of it, it should be vanilla enough so ill most likely work on that now, once paul has figured out whether superboot and recovery is possible or not and im dont know how to get a rom from updata.app, I used the perl script but thats as far as I got

EDIT, NVM, I looked it up and I have to use unyaffs to extract the system.img

EDIT 2: I saw some screenshots of u8230 2.1 and that is just as customized as the tmobile one

Guest Richard_Arkless
Awesome rom,

keep up the good work, (now with the official rom maybe..?)

im comparing what I extracted from the system.img to the custom rom and it should be simple, just replace the beta files with the final and just leave the vanilla apps

Unfortunately I dont know how to root the rom, maybe someone can help me with that