Trimmed vanilla 2.1 rom V9

Guest Richard_Arkless

Guest Richard_Arkless

Little update guys

I have merged the app folder with the official rom and it ran perfectly (the fifth time around lol, I had to remove a few things from update-script

Currently this is unrooted because I currently dont know how to do this

also I have kept the tmobile framework because its much better to see than the white clock on a white background

One problem I have noticed is, even though I have got the voice search in there its not showing up on the keyboard

Uploading now guys, the system folder is 85.1mb (got the lib folder with system now) so you will need to update to official 2.1

EDIT: ITS UPLOADED

EDIT2: Mixture of pink and yellow is annoying me now lol so I recommend you flash one of remix's frameworks, will also put it in the rom to see if the reboot loop still occurs

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest Tom G
Well the u8230 is out and if its similar to the 1.5 of it, it should be vanilla enough so ill most likely work on that now, once paul has figured out whether superboot and recovery is possible or not and im dont know how to get a rom from updata.app, I used the perl script but thats as far as I got

EDIT, NVM, I looked it up and I have to use unyaffs to extract the system.img

EDIT 2: I saw some screenshots of u8230 2.1 and that is just as customized as the tmobile one

The redbull rom (Switzerland Sunrise) is customised similar to the t-mob one (I posted some photos in the other thread), but I am really liking the layout so far. I never liked the t-mob customisations and always used the vanilla roms, but the redbull one is ok. It feels faster than the t-mob rom as well (but I haven't tried the official t-mob 2.1 rom, only the leak).

Guest Richard_Arkless
I'm a bit confused, it doesn't have A2SD now? Becouse you need root for it.

Sorry for the confusion, this is not rooted what so ever and neither does A2SD work, I am currently looking for a way to root it and get a2sd working, what I have done was repacked the official 2.1 update into an update.zip and replaced the app folder with the app folder from the previous version and removed some stuff from the update-script file and removed other stuff

Guest peanut_rvm
V5 is the slow slow slow slow very slow slow..... :(

probably, scince the t-mob stype stuff is just way to havy and bulky.. i do not get why they always want to customize it...

I mean, no one can make it as good as the htc sense ui, so just stick to the stock...

i'm still happy with the v4 rom, 2 reboots in the past 24h or so.. wich is still way better then the reboots every hour....

Guest DanWilson
Sorry for the confusion, this is not rooted what so ever and neither does A2SD work, I am currently looking for a way to root it and get a2sd working, what I have done was repacked the official 2.1 update into an update.zip and replaced the app folder with the app folder from the previous version and removed some stuff from the update-script file and removed other stuff

For root I read on Saurik's site that adding the su file or something makes root... That sounds of fail, so I'll edit with the site / a quote for lazy peeps :(

Ok it wasn't Saurik but here it is... (Samsung Galaxy though...)

1- Get the new recovery image built from the end of this post and follow the instructions.

NOTE (1): In order to boot in fastboot mode, you must start your phone by pressing on Call + Power buttons

NOTE (2): It is now possible get full root access on you phone following the drakaz’s tutorial above, in this case, skip the next 2 steps. I strongly recommend this option, I just tested it today, and it works great!

Nevertheless, if you still want to install su by yourself, you’ll have to follow drakaz method until step 7, then follow the steps below:

2 (optional) – Get adb & fastboot files from the end of this post and the su command from here (source)

3 (optional) – Once you have reboot in recovery mode (using Volume_Down & Call & Power), you can connect through adb to your phone as root! You will have to copy the su command (source):

$ wget http://www.magicandroidapps.com/su.zip

$ unzip su.zip

$ ./adb remount # this will remount de /system partition in read-write

$ ./adb push su /system/xbin/

$ ./adb shell

#

# chmod 6755 /system/xbin/su

# sync

# reboot

When your phone boots up, open a terminal (I use ConnectBot), and type:

$ ./adb shell

$ su

su: access granted, courtesy of www.magicandroidapps.com

# id

uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=1003(graphics),1004(input),1007(log),1011(adb),3001(net_bt_admin),3002(ne

_bt),3003(inet)

You are now root on your phone!

Hope this helps!

Edited by DanWilson

Guest Richard_Arkless

Hey guys I have come to the realization that the build that was released yesterday is in fact the build that was leaked by big bear so what I plan to do is move the changes I had made in v5 into v4 and also move libs back over

This way we have a2sd and root

Guest goce.nakov
Hey guys I have come to the realization that the build that was released yesterday is in fact the build that was leaked by big bear so what I plan to do is move the changes I had made in v5 into v4 and also move libs back over

It can't be the same build mate (maybe app and some stuff) but this one is stable (no FC or reboots)......

Guest igor_anta

So in fact you're saying that the Hungarians released a BETA?

Guest Richard_Arkless
It can't be the same build mate (maybe app and some stuff) but this one is stable (no FC or reboots)......

If you look at the build that big bear released and compare it to the one which is extracted from the system.img, it is exactly the same. the only difference is that he added root support and a2sd

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...air-rom-thread/

I think the only reason why people were having force closes and reboots was because we didnt use the updata.app just like how vibrate didnt work then we used a newer 1.5 rom and it worked again

Didnt big bear say when he released it that everything worked and that vibrate worked and had no reboots and no force closes

so the problems that we were having was down to us using an older boot

Guest Richard_Arkless

Just an update, ive merged the changes that I made with v5 and put it in v4, I then moved lib over and then packaged it and signed it then flashed on my 2.1 pulse and it has booted fine, no reboots or force closes and also root and a2sd works

Uploaded now, check the first page

Guest Richard_Arkless

Ive uploaded v7 of my rom, its a huge update and the system folder is under 87mb so it could fit the 1.5 partition layout so please try it out and tell me if you experience any reboots at all but it is expected as the firmware from the December update is too old and incompatible

Guest Mohit Singhal
Ive uploaded v7 of my rom, its a huge update and the system folder is under 87mb so it could fit the 1.5 partition layout so please try it out and tell me if you experience any reboots at all but it is expected as the firmware from the December update is too old and incompatible

Hi..

Just installed v7 ....and seriously thanks for the superfast and error free ROM.... but problem is thr in no file explorer and moreover the Market is not visible so that I can download some file explorer through that...

Cheers

Matrix

Guest david_dawkins
So in fact you're saying that the Hungarians released a BETA?

It would seem so; Paul and others noticed that the release was signed with test keys, not production keys.

Guest Richard_Arkless
Hi..

Just installed v7 ....and seriously thanks for the superfast and error free ROM.... but problem is thr in no file explorer and moreover the Market is not visible so that I can download some file explorer through that...

Cheers

Matrix

Hi I removed file explorer because most if not all of us go to the market and download the app as for the market being missing, I know this problem and have fixed it and is uploading a newer rom, stay tuned

Guest lilim_ac

actually want to try this on my original rooted cupcake.. if it fails just flash my original cupcake and no problem? but if it works then it means that we can go back to cupcake anytime right??

Guest lilim_ac

actually want to try this on my original rooted cupcake.. if it fails just flash my original cupcake and no problem? but if it works then it means that we can go back to cupcake anytime right??

Guest DanWilson

If it fails then you can just flash the Hungarian update I guess... Thats all I can say without legal implications... :(

Guest lilim_ac

so there is small possibility to flash with cupcake rom and succeed?? wew.. i'd like to try but still bother with the warranty...

Guest Richard_Arkless

Yes can go back to 1.5 anytime but if 2.1 does flash and boot expect it to keep restarting and all those bugs that we were having before the official release, what I am praying for is for huawei to release a newer 1.5 so we could upgrade to it and have the partitions back to the old layout then flash this and for it to be stable. That way we have more space in data

Guest Richard_Arkless

Question what is Btspp.apk, I know it has something to do with bluetooth but its a huawei app so it should be ok to remove

Guest kohaku
so there is small possibility to flash with cupcake rom and succeed?? wew.. i'd like to try but still bother with the warranty...

yes I have been using this ROM before I apply the official 2.1 (hungray/swiss)

Guest lilim_ac
yes I have been using this ROM before I apply the official 2.1 (hungray/swiss)

which rom did u use before u apply the official 2.1 hubgary/swiss??