Froyo on Liquid

Guest Charlton22

Guest phhusson
EDIT:

Epic fail, just ran a very quick demo on the NDS with dummy values, leaving out the Y coordinates, and it did indeed randomly change direction -.-. Back to the lazy libraries again :(

Suppose I'm just going to quote Bias:

I don't think it's minor, but I'm pretty sure that it's either impossible, or worthless to fix (I'd vote on impossible, unless we get access to the TS software)

Guest phhusson
By the way phh, do you plan on trying to fix Wifi, or is it impossible yet?

Thanks for your great work :( .

Oh it should be easy, but acer did some dirty stuff, so it's annoying to do, but I've everything needed to do it. But time. Same thing for everything else actually :(

Guest lgcmn
Oh it should be easy, but acer did some dirty stuff, so it's annoying to do, but I've everything needed to do it. But time. Same thing for everything else actually :(

wish u all great patience and u will succeed in growing Froyo on Liquid..

p.s. thanx all of u for great team work :(

Edited by lgcmn

Guest toadwong001

happy to see this comment

thank you and looking forward

Guest petrosy

No point pestering the dev on status updates... they have enough on their hands with out people asking them every 5 minutes for updates.......

Lets just be thankful people are looking into this;

Guest nameless'
No point pestering the dev on status updates... they have enough on their hands with out people asking them every 5 minutes for updates.......

Lets just be thankful people are looking into this;

+1, just wait and we'll all know when it will be out, or devs will update this thread when they think it's ok. Earlier it was said that it could take one week as it could take months, and btw they give some news 2days ago guys.... Don't forget they do this for fun, and on their spare time, they don't work on it all the day

Guest R3dw0lF
Anyone knows if new Android will support Wireless Tether on Acer Liquid? That will be really cool.

There's an app for that ;-) barnaceltether or something like that...

for the Froyo Devs:

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

We are very gratefull and believe in you! (no pressure though ;-) or just a little bit :()

Guest phhusson
Can we get a status update somewhere guys? I'm really interested in al Ya'll work on froyo liquid...

I've done pretty much nothing since Sunday, so there is no status update to give, since malez is busy and Vache is working on stream.

Guest alfarobl
There's an app for that ;-) barnaceltether or something like that...

Thank you. Tested app on 2.1 and it doesn't work with Acer Liquid. Barnacle comes with WPA_Supplicant Failed to connect to supplicant: No such file or directory.

Anyone knows if this should work? on 2.x?

Guest drigerott
I've done pretty much nothing since Sunday, so there is no status update to give, since malez is busy and Vache is working on stream.

np phh ... ^^ a bit of rest is always good

great job you are doing :(

Guest mirox3m

I still haven't seen your Paypal donate link. A lot of us would gladly donate. Froyo is the biggest Android dream.

Edited by mirox3m

Guest phhusson
I still haven't seen your Paypal donate link. A lot of us would gladly donate. Froyo is the biggest Android dream.

You'll get it when I'll release something.

Guest Seth Cold
You'll get it when I'll release something.

that's a great way to go...

Question: would that kernel also work with eclair roms??

Guest alan090
Well, being android based on linux kernel, as long as someone release software based on linux kernel, for what I can understand, they're OBLIGED by the GPL license terms to release any change they made to linux kernel, so when ACER releases "Liquid E" containing a custom kernel, if they don't publish the source, they will be violating license terms. If they want to release Liquid E, the kernel source must be released too.

rogers released the liquid E - I have one on the way to me right now - will post a system dump, maybe someone can find a kernel or .bin of this? I have looked so far with no success

Guest jayziac
rogers released the liquid E - I have one on the way to me right now - will post a system dump, maybe someone can find a kernel or .bin of this? I have looked so far with no success

Cool. Can you confirm whether it has 256 MB or 512 MB RAM? seems like it's being reported inconsistently online.

Guest xian1243

Just do a nandroid, and upload the system.img, and boot.img... kernel is in boot.img. :( Looking forward to the liquidE dump! I doubt it has more RAM...

Guest krumbalu

guys! do you think that the rogers liquid e comes with a newer version than our 1.100.05?? anyway i hope this time everything is smooth and functional from stock without mods installed, that would be a great starting point where to build a super-rom from.

Edited by krumbalu

Guest phhusson
Question: would that kernel also work with eclair roms??

Whenever it fully works for froyo, it should work for eclair systems too.

But I still don't know with which radio rom I'll be compatible with. ATM, it seems I'd need eclair for sound, donut for usb, so it's quite tough :/