Froyo on Liquid

Guest Charlton22

Guest phhusson
I've done pretty much nothing since Sunday, so there is no status update to give, since malez is busy and Vache is working on stream.

Little update, sensors (accelerometer, proximity, light, compass, orientation) and GPS are working.

What still needs to be done as I can think of is camera, bluetooth, wifi, sound, fix some graphics bugs.

Guest HustlinDaily
Little update, sensors (accelerometer, proximity, light, compass, orientation) and GPS are working.

What still needs to be done as I can think of is camera, bluetooth, wifi, sound, fix some graphics bugs.

Dude you are faster than the Acer Android team!

It took them months to figure out compass on Eclair.

Guest uzirox

Phh for president! (of Acer :( )

Guest jayziac
Phh for president! (of Acer :( )

No, presidents don't do much, phh is way more productive :(

Will all this work be easily upgradable once the official Froyo for N1 comes out? Last I heard this was based on their not-so-stable pre-release version from the N1.

Guest phhusson
Dude you are faster than the Acer Android team!

It took them months to figure out compass on Eclair.

I just used donut's driver, which unexpectedly worked as is, I just had to copy correct libs...

No, presidents don't do much, phh is way more productive :(

Will all this work be easily upgradable once the official Froyo for N1 comes out? Last I heard this was based on their not-so-stable pre-release version from the N1.

I'm still not sure whether it's a final release or not... many people got this update..

Anyway, yes, now it'll be way easier to port any other android ROM. The first one is just the harder and longer.

I think I'll make a doc about that once it's done. I'm still not so sure, because of the people stealing other's work, as for vache's and malez's work.

Guest jayziac

I think if there's a summary of what you've done with the release, people in the community will know whats your work and what others have done and will call out people who attempt to claim their own. Everyone benefits when collaborating together.

Guest akira.pwr
I just used donut's driver, which unexpectedly worked as is, I just had to copy correct libs...

I'm still not sure whether it's a final release or not... many people got this update..

Anyway, yes, now it'll be way easier to port any other android ROM. The first one is just the harder and longer.

I think I'll make a doc about that once it's done. I'm still not so sure, because of the people stealing other's work, as for vache's and malez's work.

Can't you release it? Even if it's not perfect, but you can understand we are corious, we always need something to try, right?

If you think to give us a beta to test, we will be happy

Anyway we appreciate what you are done, thanks for all :(

Guest phhusson
I think if there's a summary of what you've done with the release, people in the community will know whats your work and what others have done and will call out people who attempt to claim their own. Everyone benefits when collaborating together.

I already tried that for xdandroid, and even if it works at first time, for like one month, after that, people take my work as obvious and now, all credits go to builders, while they have nothing but create a system.swagger from the original Rom, to get it working, since everything work automatically.

Can't you release it? Even if it's not perfect, but you can understand we are corious, we always need something to try, right?

If you think to give us a beta to test, we will be happy

Anyway we appreciate what you are done, thanks for all :(

I'll release it this Sunday, I still don't know with which features though.

Guest Edward.W
Thanks for your work phhusson. As soon as wifi works i'm in :(

Wi-Fi is quite important to an Android Phone :(

Can't live without it

Guest akira.pwr
+2

I dont mind about wifi for now, i prefer a good release without crashes or freeze, to feel the good taste of Froyo :( :(

Thanks a lot Phh, I'm ready for this.

Guest m4ss

when the source code will be released (froyo), you'll merge your work with the builded code from source possibile with the solution from Auxx? (AUXX "method")

With the source released, we can build our froyo with perfect 100% working ?

:(

Edited by m4ss

Guest R3dw0lF
I dont mind about wifi for now, i prefer a good release without crashes or freeze, to feel the good taste of Froyo :( :(

Thanks a lot Phh, I'm ready for this.

Same here, WiFi isn't vital for me, I prefer a decent and stable ROM without Wifi than one WITH but with frequent crashes/freezes...

My salute and gratitude to the developpers!

Guest Quipeace
+2

I third that, although no bluetooth would be a dealbreaker for me as well I suppose (bluetooth earbuds for the win right?).

Guest Edward.W

If people don't really mindI think it's reasonable for them to have a try on the Froyo :(

(although some functions may not work)