Android 2.1 for Pulse - from T-Mobile Hungary

Guest jegkrem

Guest chote
http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...at-youre-doing/

Does that mean that downgrading to 1.5 is possible? I've successfully kept my virgin Pulse (december update only) away from rooting and custom roms because of my "frequent buy and sell" nature, thus avoiding irreparable damage or irreversible changes. However, I don't think I could resist the official 2.1 and my question is, despite the official "no back to 1.5" thing, does the BigBear's post says that getting the cupcake back is possible? Is there any other info on that? 40MB for apps sounds scary... Can anyone tell the difference in the battery life?

Thanks

edit: Is the hungarian t-mobile site overloaded? Speed: 15 B/s (5.2 kB of 99.0 MB, 80 days left)

Hungarian T-mobile site might be overloaded, upper in this thread there is a rapidshare link with the new update, you will get it from there in minutes. Other thing, its too early to tell about batter life with the 2.1, most of the people here have it for a few hours only, anyway from this first few hours, it looks to me that this upgrade will give us 30-40% longer battery life.

cheers.

Guest _Bobby

Works like a charm, even with the Nexus live wallpaper. I haven't applied the customized_hu...

- I can't seem to get a lock screen. The phone is getting unlocked by pressing any key. There is nothing in Security or anywhere else. Strange... Maybe because I skipped the second customized_hu flash? :o

- What's that contacts-menu icons misuse? I guess we got ourselves a unique eclair :o

edit:

- Both issues fixed with the customized_hu! +1

- Sync started immediately after connecting to Wi Fi and it slowed down the system. It got me dissapointed... "Shouldn't have done it" - said to myself. But after turning it off, the full throtle is ON. :(

- Barcode Scanner now working! The december update on the cupcake removed the blank screen, but the scanner was not working. Now it works perfect! +1

- This thing left me awake all night... :( 9:40 am... The intensive testing goes on... No force close!

- The built-in keyboard is not good. Too much lag... ex: AnysoftKeyboard is much better alternative.

- Typing (and the touchscreen in general) in landscape mode is much better. Sensitivity has been greatly improved.

- The upgrade is recomended. There is no any major bug. Well, at least I haven't discovered one :D

I've put a link to a megaupload mirror in my signature. Please don't mind the XXXL font. The purpose is to be easily detected by those who look for a mirror, for the t-m site is overloaded.

Edited by _Bobby

Guest Watt25

After I updated to 2.1 I got the following problem:

In most time (but not always) the CPU is doing something for minutes, causing a 100% CPU usage! I can't figure out what uses the CPU. I've got two screenshots. One from the DDM:

Busy_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.png

And a screenshot from the phone:

CPU_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.png

SeePU in the left-top corner shows the real (100%) CPU usage but Task Manager shows only 36% usage which is not true because the phone is damn slow!

This makes the phone totally unusable!

Edited by Watt25

Guest _Bobby
SeePU in the left-top corner shows the real (100%) CPU usage but Task Manager shows only 36% usage which is not true because the phone is damn slow!

This makes the phone totally unusable!

Make sure to uncheck the auto-sync options. I don't see any of that in the task manager (the screnshot), but give it a try. It worked for me. My phone was damn slow, too.

Btw, I used this app to

the multi touch. I didn't get two circles. Just the one... Does that mean we didn't get a multu touch? I hoped for the MT, since I thought that the capacitive touchscreen and 2.1 are sufficient for a MT. Edited by _Bobby

Guest Basher52

Even Android 1.5 supported MT, but the touchpaneldriver doesnt. Maybe Bigbear will spend same time on this agin, with the new driver.

Guest bounty123
If I install this, can I go back to 1.5 by means of installing a MCR ROM or restoring a Nandroid backup?

There is no easy way of doing it, if any.

Guest mr.a
Geweldig; je koopt een telefoon met de gedachte: ach geinig en goedkoop, al zal er nooit een update voor zijn, en dan gebeurt dit! Bedankt voor de terugkoppeling, trouwens.

translation: Wonderful; you buy a phone thinking: oh well it's fun and cheap, even though it'll never be updated, an then this happens! Thanks for the feedback, by the way.

Graag gedaan! :(

En, Oh, ik heb zes jaar in Nederland gewoont en dus geen vertaling nodig :(

Guest MRond
Graag gedaan! :(

En, Oh, ik heb zes jaar in Nederland gewoont en dus geen vertaling nodig :o

Leuk te zien dat er nog Nederlands zijn hier :(,

BTW: bij mij draait hij ook lekker met 2.1 nu

Guest Cheadle

If im getting the hang of this phone updating lark. :(

Everyone who is waiting for a custom rom to update is actually still going to be one step behind. Correct me if im wrong, but will we all not need to update our pulse with the stock rom and then do the nandroid to add on the new custom rom?

Im assuming that its the application that is "rooted" and not the kernel?

Guest ogiogi

Running for 14h now :}. Everything is working as it should. Even have sync ON (slows down the phone until the initial sync is done, after that works fine). Camera works, GPS works... out out space :}}}

Guest davce99
Running for 14h now :}. Everything is working as it should. Even have sync ON (slows down the phone until the initial sync is done, after that works fine). Camera works, GPS works... out out space :}}}

Drugar da ti pisham na nashki :( abe ne go instalirav vtoriot file toj HU i kaj emen raboti extra da ne ja znaesh razlikata mozebi bez nego i so nego????

Guest ogiogi
Drugar da ti pisham na nashki :( abe ne go instalirav vtoriot file toj HU i kaj emen raboti extra da ne ja znaesh razlikata mozebi bez nego i so nego????

Vrska neam. I jas ne go instalirav :(. Mislam deka nekoi programi plus doagjaat sto se za T-Mobile Ungarija.

Guest zerosignull
Could someone make this rom work with the U8220 (T-Mobile Pulse) : http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile.../2-1-for-u8230/

:(

Already have.

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...zip-now-rooted/

Will defiantly work if you have not updated to any official 2.1 ROM and may work if you have. Just running that ROM on my phone after updating my pulse with the t-mobile 2.1

Guest mr.a
Already have.

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...zip-now-rooted/

Will defiantly work if you have not updated to any official 2.1 ROM and may work if you have. Just running that ROM on my phone after updating my pulse with the t-mobile 2.1

What if we have the Hungarian 2.1 update already installed ???

EDIT: i didn't read your post properly.

So it MAY work?

Edited by mr.a

Guest zerosignull
What if we have the Hungarian 2.1 update already installed ???

EDIT: i didn't read your post properly.

So it MAY work?

Installs for some people for some it doesn't. It wont brick your phone if it doesn't but you will need to re0install and o/s. however can you wait? im just uploading the RBM ROM ive got running on my post 2.1 update...

Guest mr.a
Installs for some people for some it doesn't. It wont brick your phone if it doesn't but you will need to re0install and o/s. however can you wait? im just uploading the RBM ROM ive got running on my post 2.1 update...

YEEAAAHHH. obviously i'll wait how long is it going to take to upload.

and did you install it on your PULSE (U8220)

EDIT: Do all the functions e.g wifi,3g, bluetooth, vibration etc work as normal.

Edited by mr.a

Guest Franky1927

T-Mobile is a german company, but I have to download an update from a website in hungary, because they get it first. Thats just weird.

Guest naniteboy
T-Mobile is a german company, but I have to download an update from a website in hungary, because they get it first. Thats just weird.

/off topic but...

Bad karma? :(