Android 2.1 for Pulse - from T-Mobile Hungary

Guest jegkrem

Guest Simon O
But why say "The 2.1 software, the transition to version 1.5 can not be restored." when the mini doesn't have 1.5.

They also mention that space will be reduced to 40MB which we already know, as the 2.1 update changes the partition layout.

So maybe they have uploaded the wrong rom, or Huawei have given them the wrong rom.

Is there anybody in Hungary that wants to call T-Mobile support and find out why the update is wrong?

Guest ogiogi
Hey guys come down, it's obvious they've uploaded the wrong rom, let's just wait the proper one =P

Maybe some one can mail them :rolleyes:. Come on Hungary users.

Guest MikeRame
But why say "The 2.1 software, the transition to version 1.5 can not be restored." when the mini doesn't have 1.5.

Because it is not supposed to be the ROM for the Mini.

Guest Csöpi

its obvious they just uploaded the wrong rom. They say u can go back to 1.5 and you will have only 40 megs of free space on the device.

Hopefully it will be updated today or tomorrow.

Guest giabbe1

hungarian t-mobile: you are idiots!!!!!

is it possible that this 2.1 is soooo difficult to get on this damn phone?? what the hell, after all these dumbasses are in the mobile phones industry!!! and I refer to both huawei and t-mobile!!!!

regarding the former, this whole update story only confirms the only ability that chinese firms have: copy! when they have to make something themselves they can't do it!!!!

and as far as t-mobile is concerned, you don't give a release date (may 2009) if u can't meet it in the end!!!

damn hell if i'm pissed!!!!

Guest -Wii-
its obvious they just uploaded the wrong rom. They say u can go back to 1.5 and you will have only 40 megs of free space on the device.

Hopefully it will be updated today or tomorrow.

They have retweeted that they don't know whats going on and he will ask his colleagues in the morning.

Someone Hungarian get on the buzzer!

Guest h3dshot

oooooh! interesting, u should have replaced robert downey jr in sherlock holmes:D

but yes u do make a good point....

Guest robertopero
They have retweeted that they don't know whats going on and he will ask his colleagues in the morning.

The hungarian T's twitter guy said it too...

Guest -Wii-

Just looked its not on our site

Guest ogiogi
oooooh! interesting, u should have replaced robert downey jr in sherlock holmes:D

but yes u do make a good point....

GREAT MOVIE :rolleyes:

Guest -Wii-

someone ring T-mobile UK and see if the release is imminent. I would but I haven't got a phone with me at the moment i'm at a friends house and left it at home!

Guest John Hamelink
someone ring T-mobile UK and see if the release is imminent. I would but I haven't got a phone with me at the moment i'm at a friends house and left it at home!

Doing so right now, but I think it's already been released at the huawei device website :rolleyes:

Guest naniteboy

I don't want to be party pooper here but that info about only 40MB of RAM being available is bugging me.

Is this really all that is available after update (since there is no A2SD) - and is this all used for installed software + normal RAM usage?

If so - what does that really mean? We'll be able to install only a few programs on it and that's it - memory full? :rolleyes:

Guest John Hamelink
I don't want to be party pooper here but that info about only 40MB of RAM being available is bugging me.

Is this really all that is available after update (since there is no A2SD) - and is this all used for installed software + normal RAM usage?

If so - what does that really mean? We'll be able to install only a few programs on it and that's it - memory full? :rolleyes:

unless you install app2sd :D

Guest naniteboy
unless you install app2sd :rolleyes:

duh! :D great advice ... but when I think about it - IF they really release it - I'm sure Paul/BoBo will prepare a custom ROM in no time :(

Guest h3dshot
unless you install app2sd :rolleyes:

excuse my noobness, but wouldnt that mean that all the apps are installed on ur sd card? and im sure i read somewhere that you need to remove sd card or something each time you need to reboot?

thanks

Guest John Hamelink
duh! :rolleyes: great advice ... but when I think about it - IF they really release it - I'm sure Paul/BoBo will prepare a custom ROM in no time :D

I'm on the phone to them right now... they suggested i check their website after holding for 5 mins >.>

excuse my noobness, but wouldnt that mean that all the apps are installed on ur sd card? and im sure i read somewhere that you need to remove sd card or something each time you need to reboot?

thanks

Only in the buggy version that's currently out, and its a leak from huawei, and was beta quality: if they are releasing the new one, as i suspect they are, then it will (hopefully) be more stable.

Edited by John Hamelink

Guest naniteboy

thanks

I'm a noob in these things also but I just can say that I don't have to remove SD

card from the phone currently (1.7 MCR with A2SD and a s*itload of apps on the card :rolleyes:)

But maybe I misunderstood you, and you mean that on 2.1 this is needed? Still, it would be very odd if so ...

Guest h3dshot
I'm a noob in these things also but I just can say that I don't have to remove SD

card from the phone currently (1.7 MCR with A2SD and a s*itload of apps on the card :rolleyes:)

But maybe I misunderstood you, and you mean that on 2.1 this is needed? Still, it would be very odd if so ...

i didnt realise it would be different on 2.1 or 1.5, i assumed jus cos i thought id read it somewhere that each time u reboot u need to remove ur sd card if u got a2sd.

but then again i dont know much on these kinda things:D

Guest bounty123
i didnt realise it would be different on 2.1 or 1.5, i assumed jus cos i thought id read it somewhere that each time u reboot u need to remove ur sd card if u got a2sd.

but then again i dont know much on these kinda things:D

That's just bullshit. You don't have to remove it, just do an ext repair in the recovery menu.

Guest Epic-Emodude

Ive just emailed them and asked them. They say that they will get back yo me soon. I will post an update when i get it

Aaron