Android 2.1 for Pulse - from T-Mobile Hungary

Guest jegkrem

Guest goce.nakov
android keyboard, how can you turn off prediction? i cant seem to find it anyone hate prediction and TouchPal ?

Settings/Language&Keyboard/Android Keyboard and uncheck Suggestions or something :(

Guest _Bobby
i only have in there

vibrate on keypress

sound on keypress

auto-capitalization

im a little confused

Maybe you've skipped flashing the customized_hu? :( If so, you should do it now or maybe just install another keyboard (AnysoftKeyboard...).

Guest tux880
Maybe you've skipped flashing the customized_hu? :( If so, you should do it now or maybe just install another keyboard (AnysoftKeyboard...).

well i have been haveing problems i installed this then i did the hu install, then i installed some custom roms on the site now back to this the icons are all in place and fixed, do i need to flash that update again? if so will it wipe my phone cant be bothered setting it up again haha, thanks guys

Guest miali
Skipping the customized_hu may result with some issues. It's different with different phones. Mine didn't get lock screen and had other minor bugs, but everything got fixed after flashing the customized_hu.

Thanks. I will do the customized_HU and see if it solves some problems. Excuse me if my question sounds stupid, but can you guys clarify whether I should delete the dload folder already present on SD card (from step 1) and transfer the dload folder from customized_HU folder to go ahead with step 5?

Thanks.

Guest goce.nakov
Thanks. I will do the customized_HU and see if it solves some problems. Excuse me if my question sounds stupid, but can you guys clarify whether I should delete the dload folder already present on SD card (from step 1) and transfer the dload folder from customized_HU folder to go ahead with step 5?

Thanks.

Yes...you need to do that

Guest Foxy Wales

I have just installed the Hungery update to December 09 updated UK Pulse, including the HU patch and all works very well. Thanks for all the posts :(

Guest n00rbert

Updated my pulse to 2.1 yesterday and its absolutely great!

Battery life is way better and its much faster, i just love it :(

Guest pitulica

Does anybody have problems with wallpapers resolution on 2.1

When i set wallpaper with wallpaper set and save the picture is not sharp it apears like zoomed, omly resolution of live wallpapers is ok.

Any ideas?

Guest goce.nakov
Does anybody have problems with wallpapers resolution on 2.1

When i set wallpaper with wallpaper set and save the picture is not sharp it apears like zoomed, omly resolution of live wallpapers is ok.

Any ideas?

If you are using T-mobile stock ROM he has 9 screens so the picture need to be streched, that's why its zoomed and blurish :(

Guest pitulica

Do you know what resolution wallpapers need to be so they appear crisp?

And how to activate google navigation?

Edited by pitulica

Guest Christo0908

Anyone have any news on the T-mobile Pulse UK 2.1 update yet?

Also, if I installed the Hungary update, would I lose the chance then to get the UK one when released?

Any help on installing the update would be greatly appreciated as reading some of the comments on the forum there seems to be quite a few problems with the Market and Keyboard and Touch screen etc.

Thanks =)

Guest campdave

Updated this today, thanks.

HOwever, can no longer find twidroid in the app store - anyone else having the same issues? Not a big problem, as can now use the native twitter app, but really like twidroid.

Guest _melchett

Thought you might like to hear what TMob UK had to say re the 2.1 upgrade

"Thanks for your email #Lord Melchett#, telling me that your friends (#haha#) have updated their Pulse version to 2.1 and the phone is working better as asking when we'll release the new version to be updated.

I can understand how important it's for you to get the latest software version updated on your phone and writing into me regarding this.

#Lord Melchett#, I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to tell you the exact timescale as to when we'll be releasing the latest version software. However, once the version is released we'll update it immediately on our website and you can download it from there.

I'd request you not to update using any 3rd party websites as this may corrupt the whole software of your phone which may not be repairable in the future. So, please don't update your phone software from any 3rd party websites."

There you go people, updating your phone with the manufacturer's updates may corrupt the whole software of your phone - those reputable scum that will be doing all the work for the official UK release, could corrupt your phone! (nb i specifically mentioned it was an official update, albeit from TMobile Hungary)

Guest Christo0908

3rd party doesn't mean manufacturer

T-Mobile website isn't 3rd party

so it won't corrupt the phones software when it's released

they're just explaining that it's risky to install custom ROMs as if it breaks it isn't covered under the warranty anymore

Guest Theme Ishere
3rd party doesn't mean manufacturer

T-Mobile website isn't 3rd party

so it won't corrupt the phones software when it's released

they're just explaining that it's risky to install custom ROMs as if it breaks it isn't covered under the warranty anymore

Actually, I am quiet sure that if you bought the phone in the UK (or Germany or or or), using software from T-mobil Hungary means that you use third party software, as they are not the same companies. At least I think they would win in front of a court eventually, if it came that far. But that is just theoretical.

Guest ems123

Hi all,

I am getting a fresh pulse from t mobile delivered tomorrow.

Can anyone please advise me what to do for the update to the 2.1 version with that hu_customised thing in simple steps please so that i dont get any bugs or crashes if i missed the hu step out

Thanks to all.

ems123

Guest Bice
Don't know if anyone posted this. We have GeoTagging now :(. Just enable GPS and "store location" in camera settings.

Yeah! One of the best options ever! :(

Guest oOBENJYOo

Wow installed and no probs for 24 hours .... all good except for the icon bar at the bottom of screen ... seemingly to icons open contacts for some reason and I wish a phone icon was there...good news tho for some reason now I can send/recieve mms (o2 payandgo UK ... great !

Will pop over to kitchen next and see if pauls sorted this yet and if so..pop one in the oven..

Guest Trumpeldor
Anyone have any news on the T-mobile Pulse UK 2.1 update yet?

Also, if I installed the Hungary update, would I lose the chance then to get the UK one when released?

Any help on installing the update would be greatly appreciated as reading some of the comments on the forum there seems to be quite a few problems with the Market and Keyboard and Touch screen etc.

Thanks =)

Hi,

There are no problems

You download the Hungarian update,you unzip it on your pc

There are 2 dload files the 2.1 upgrade and one download HUfile (hungarian customization pack)I only used the first of 100 mb

You enable usb device on your pulse,you link your pulse to your pc

The dload file from your pc is to be copied into the root of your sd card

You disconnect pulse from pc,you enable off the usb on your pulse and on the menu you press the upgrade option

You wait Z minutes,upgrade 100 % et voila

The only 2.1 upgrade drawback is the slow download of applications from MARKET whereas battery performance is said to be improved

Cheers,

Guest n00rbert
Wow installed and no probs for 24 hours .... all good except for the icon bar at the bottom of screen ... seemingly to icons open contacts for some reason and I wish a phone icon was there...good news tho for some reason now I can send/recieve mms (o2 payandgo UK ... great !

Will pop over to kitchen next and see if pauls sorted this yet and if so..pop one in the oven..

Did you install the CUSTOMIZED_HU? It fixes a lot of problems, diffrent on each phone.

Guest Christo0908
Hi,

There are no problems

You download the Hungarian update,you unzip it on your pc

There are 2 dload files the 2.1 upgrade and one download HUfile (hungarian customization pack)I only used the first of 100 mb

You enable usb device on your pulse,you link your pulse to your pc

The dload file from your pc is to be copied into the root of your sd card

You disconnect pulse from pc,you enable off the usb on your pulse and on the menu you press the upgrade option

You wait Z minutes,upgrade 100 % et voila

The only 2.1 upgrade drawback is the slow download of applications from MARKET whereas battery performance is said to be improved

Cheers,

Cheers for the help

Just loaded 2.1 without the custom HU, working fine so far, a little slow on the marketplace

but otherwise works pretty great!

Guest TheSituation

Do all your phone contacts and text messages get deleted when updating to 2.1? Not sure if I can be bothered to note them all down to re-add...

Edited by TheSituation