Android 2.1 for Pulse - from T-Mobile Hungary

Guest jegkrem

Guest thisweb
No doubt. I am so glad that android came about. At least we don't have to rely on these guys for everything we want to do with our hardware. What I really hate is that they won't let me use messaging or skype on 3g. Thats so backward, I know they want to protect their profits but surely regulation should force them not to be allowed to stifle technical inovation and peoples rights to make use of their data conections as they wish as long as its legal.

Is there any phone company in the uk that allows voip? Why aren't we up in arms about this protection racket, which is exactly what it is. Bring back govnt run telecoms. BT corp have a similar racket going with their pathetic outadated broadband which every other ISP has to buy from them wholsale. (bar virgin and a handful of others, who screw you in other ways instead.)

...oops Sorry I've been going off on one there!! Think its really because I just read about the hungarian update fu**up theyve done. I am full of hate and frustration towards Tmobile at the moment.

Grrrrrr

Feels better now. Thanks for listening.

Oh and now we're privatising snail mail too, soon we'll have to pay 5 quid to post a letter, and only if your lucky enough not to live in a rural area - post boxes won't be profitable there. This is what happens in france and rural folk have to collect their mail from central points. Sure we'd have to pay taxes to cover the costs but at least it cuts out the bullshi#

-ok off topic. So, Froyo 2.2 Is it finished? :rolleyes:

Guest fraxos

It would be rather daft of T-Mobile UK to not release it if other countries do. Given the wording on the T-Mobile HU website, I am pretty confident that 2.1 will be with us shortly, perhaps even overnight...

Guest DarrellK
Oh and now we're privatising snail mail too, soon we'll have to pay 5 quid to post a letter, and only if your lucky enough not to live in a rural area - post boxes won't be profitable there. This is what happens in france and rural folk have to collect their mail from central points. Sure we'd have to pay taxes to cover the costs but at least it cuts out the bullshi#

-ok off topic. So, Froyo 2.2 Is it finished? :rolleyes:

Completely agree with you.

Guest thisweb
If Tmobile UK won't release this update...I will go and take Hungarian language lessons :rolleyes:

Yeh, but they've even managed to screw that effort too!. They have the update, want to give out the update, they've tried to give the update, but sure as hell they haven't given the update! Jeeez.

Guest Epic-Emodude
If Tmobile UK won't release this update...I will go and take Hungarian language lessons :rolleyes:

If they dont im sure someone on these forums will be kind enough to put a language pack in the ROM for us -)

Guest Evil Disco Guy
It would be rather daft of T-Mobile UK to not release it if other countries do. Given the wording on the T-Mobile HU website, I am pretty confident that 2.1 will be with us shortly, perhaps even overnight...

It would be rather draft, which is why it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't.

Guest Gurdjieff

Will be problem that there are two update file and not one, i understand the reason but maybe they just split it wrong, so if somebody can manage these to one update?

Guest Steelman

Hi

Plz help no update my pulse :rolleyes: olny updation failed

sd log

OEMSBL version unmatched. Failure

(im december update frimware use(U8220V100R001C85B118SP01), no root,)

Magyarul(Hungary): Visszaraktam a decemberi frissítést mert nem akart felmenni az a vanilia modaco 1.8 romra azt hittem az segít, de ígysem megy fel. A sima 1.5 t-mobil rom az felmegy rendesen mi lehet a gond?

Guest fraxos

It is most likely the firmware for the Mini but was probably incorrectly uploaded. The wording there clearly mentions that the device will be left with 40MB so given that the update itself is 125MB it leads me to believe that this was meant to be the update for the Pulse/8220 but somehow T-Mobile screwed up.

Guest MarcusHenrique
It is most likely the firmware for the Mini but was probably incorrectly uploaded. The wording there clearly mentions that the device will be left with 40MB so given that the update itself is 125MB it leads me to believe that this was meant to be the update for the Pulse/8220 but somehow T-Mobile screwed up.

Now that's something new! :rolleyes:

Guest Jan M

I don't see how we could have 40MB free after putting a 125MB rom on our phone :rolleyes:

Guest fraxos
I don't see how we could have 40MB free after putting a 125MB rom on our phone :rolleyes:

Given that the current 1.7MCR is about 54MB and that leaves around 110MB of internal storage I assume that the extra 70MB or so in size would reduce the available internal space accordingly. Not entirely sure though as 2.1 seems to have a different partition system.

Edited by fraxos

Guest naniteboy

Well now when you mention it :D Pulse has 256MB EEPROM and 192MB RAM. Where does this update go really?

Maybe system unpacks something when being booted and running so it takes about 150MB of RAM (just contemplating and guessing :()

When we are on this theme ... could someone explain to me why I for example see 80MB free in Useful Switches but only 20-26MB on eStrongs TaskManager?

This is odd to me for a long time now but I didn't get into it really yet :(

Guest sNaiL94
Hi

Plz help no update my pulse :rolleyes: olny updation failed

sd log

OEMSBL version unmatched. Failure

(im december update frimware use(U8220V100R001C85B118SP01), no root,)

Magyarul(Hungary): Visszaraktam a decemberi frissítést mert nem akart felmenni az a vanilia modaco 1.8 romra azt hittem az segít, de ígysem megy fel. A sima 1.5 t-mobil rom az felmegy rendesen mi lehet a gond?

It's my problem too!

What's wrong? :D

Guest gusthy

therebare many hungarians around here, we will support you:)

Guest Epic-Emodude
The update is not for the Pulse. It's for the pulse Mini.

I don't understand why an update for the mini has been released already when its only a couple of weeks time :S

Guest Josh04

Re: Free space, the update is put onto your system partition, which is not where your apps go. The space for your apps is reduced because the system partition, as part of the update, steals some space from your apps partition.

The update is not for the Pulse. It's for the pulse Mini.

Damn, I thought that it was just a mess-up by T-mobile that would be fixed soon... D:

Guest ogiogi
Damn, I thought that it was just a mess-up by T-mobile that would be fixed soon... D:

I meant the uploaded update zip :rolleyes:. The post is for our Pulse :D