Android 2.1 for Pulse - from T-Mobile Hungary

Guest jegkrem

Guest Blake Loring

You can re flash previous versions of android in the update.zip format (Such as Pauls custom rom) fine still. The issue is that the .app OEM updates change other more low level stuff within the phone such as the partition tables (How the hard drive is split up between user and system data, the latter of which is read only). In short, If you want to downgrade you may find yourself with less free memory then you did prior to the update - but everything else should be fine.

T-Mobile Hungary just tweeted that the 2.1 update is available for Pulse. Pulse Mini is not available in Hungary yet, so those who have the standard Pulse (8220) can give a try!

The link for 2.1 update page (available in Hungarian only): http://www.t-mobile.hu/lakossagi/keszuleke...elefon/pulse_21

Google translate link for lazies: here

I have yet to test it, but it seems its a 2-part update process, the 2nd should be optional only for Hungarian localization. If you download the zip file, you can see the main update file is /dload/UPDATA.APP.

Enjoy!

Sadly, the response from the Hungarian users are that T-mobile made a mistake and uploaded an other update for an other device. (someone says for u8110)

The official reply will arrive tomorrow (next busines day), so stay tuned on twitter.

Guest goce.nakov
Haven't updated :rolleyes: :D :( (Ke mora da kupis nov tel so 2.1 instalirano :( )

My phone is stable and working like a charm ....so to be honest I don't give a f... for T-mobile s***.

Guest Simon O
You would think that huawei would upload a ROM on their website for the U8230 (or whatever the phone was that we got the 1.5 vanilla ROM from)

I got my vibration from a Swedish U8220 rom.

Sadly, the response from the Hungarian users are that T-mobile made a mistake and uploaded an other update for an other device. (someone says for u8110)

The official reply will arrive tomorrow (next busines day), so stay tuned on twitter.

But they stopped selling Pulse temporary (you can only pre order now). Something may have happening..

Guest ogiogi
My phone is stable and working like a charm ....so to be honest I don't give a f... for T-mobile s***.

Got my support.

In the words of the greatest Eric Cartman: Scre\/\/ u guys I'm going home :rolleyes: :D

Guest fraxos

I really hope that we wake up to a fully working 2.1 ROM (and perhaps a MCR ROM? :rolleyes: )> However, playing devil's advocate for a minute, what if T-Mobile just update their website? Are we that sure we are getting the update?

Guest YusufP

Not trying to burst any bubbles here.

But I personally feel that the update of the T-Mobile site (UK) will not bring any joy to us Pulse users.

Too many let downs to place any hopes high.

Heres hoping im wrong eh? :rolleyes: :D

Guest JingleManSweep
Are we that sure we are getting the update?

I don't see why T-Mobile would take down their entire support site for an hour just to upload a new ROM. It makes absolutely no sense at all, as it is simply a case of updating the Android Updates page (for UK only). I think it will just be some regular maintenance work (e.g. upgrading their forum software or applying patches to their servers).

Edited by JingleManSweep

Guest bindi
I don't see why T-Mobile would take down their entire support site for an hour just to upload a new ROM. It makes absolutely no sense at all, as it is simply a case of updating the Android Updates page (for UK only). I think it will just be some regular maintenance work (e.g. upgrading their forum software or applying patches to their servers).

5 min to go and android update page is still up.

Guest gusthy

I think the truth is between.

Companies dont make a marketing event from a regular site update, but this one has a twitter talkshow about what will and will not happen. Of course it is not just Pulse - it may or may not be - but other update like G2 aka Hero too.

Edited by gusthy

Guest YusufP

11:01 and the page is still up.

Praying for the 2.1 update for the Pulse :rolleyes:

Edited by YusufP

Guest JingleManSweep
Companies dont make a marketing event from a regular site update, but this one has a twitter talkshow about what will and will not happen. Of course it is not just Pulse - it may or may not be - but other update like G2 aka Hero too.

Marketing event? It was just a Tweet, and it's probably to make sure customers are aware that the support site will be down for an hour. Lots of companies use Twitter now to broadcast downtime etc.

I just don't see how a single "informative" tweet could be considered marketing?

it's probably to make sure customers are aware that the support site will be down for an hour. Lots of companies use Twitter now to broadcast downtime etc.

Yes, could be that. Personally I think that if you look at the feed as a whole then it looks pretty encouraging for 2.1 as a whole (although not for the Pulse in particular) - every question seems to be "where's 2.1?", then the guy talks about this mysterious downtime and signs off with a smiley. To me that's a good sign. But I could be reading too much into it.

Guest Swiftes

My god this is exciting! My phone is in for repair atm, but the T-Mobile shop in Taunton did suggest of a software update being applied to phones whilst at the repair centre, so fingers crossed when mine comes back, and if it is all fruitless here, I can help out :rolleyes:

Guest MrLowHoe

Praying for an update but that section of the site is still up. COMON T-Mobile, this is just ridiculous. This phone is less than a year old!!!