Android 2.1 for Pulse - from T-Mobile Hungary

Guest jegkrem

Guest MrLowHoe

Someone working for the technical team in T-Mobile is probably following what has been going on in these Pulse 2.1 related threads and the last few posts here, laughing endlessly.

Hi, SC**W YOU! Bye

Edited by MrLowHoe

Guest andropulse

Hallo,

just read on the Huawei site:

http://www.huaweidevice.com/community/thre...&orderStr=9

"Dear All ,

I am sorry for the delayed information of Android 2.1(Eclair), within few days some new models like U8100,U8110 ,U8500&C8600 will launch in market with Android 2.1 OS.

The reason for Android 2.1 of U82xx coming late and late, the key issue is that the Eclair`performance runing in U8230/U8220 is bad ,the defect includings outgoing&incoming display shows low,new SMS display shows low & big size website sometimes could not be opened etc.So we need more time to observe& improve it ,we could not offer fixed time when we will ralease the Eclair for U82XX. Dear All ,

I am sorry for the delayed information of Android 2.1(Eclair), within few days some new models like U8100,U8110 ,U8500&C8600 will launch in market with Android 2.1 OS.

The reason for Android 2.1 of U82xx coming late and late, the key issue is that the Eclair`performance runing in U8230/U8220 is bad ,the defect includings outgoing&incoming display shows low,new SMS display shows low & big size website sometimes could not be opened etc.So we need more time to observe& improve it ,we could not offer fixed time when we will ralease the Eclair for U82XX. "

So .... Perhaps or no longer

Have a nice day

:rolleyes:

Guest igor_anta
Hallo,

So .... Perhaps or no longer

Have a nice day

:rolleyes:

Yeah, that's older news, someone posted that already. It was the first sign that we won't get the update on time, or ever for that matter:S Hopefully yesterday's activity means something and it's not just some stupid mistake. Cheers!

Guest Tom G

So this is an official release of 2.1 on the Mini? What are the chances they use a separate source tree for each phone? Time to start asking for some kernel source maybe.

Re: Free space, the update is put onto your system partition, which is not where your apps go. The space for your apps is reduced because the system partition, as part of the update, steals some space from your apps partition.

I started playing with a full dump of the nand last night (off my phone running the december update partition structure) and it looks like there is a significant amount of space unallocated at the start of the nand (before the boot partition), so it may be possible to get a bit more space. Perhaps the changes to partition structure from BigBear's leaked release are to make use of this unallocated space.

Edited by Tom G

Guest andropulse
Yeah, that's older news, someone posted that already. It was the first sign that we won't get the update on time, or ever for that matter:S Hopefully yesterday's activity means something and it's not just some stupid mistake. Cheers!

This information was written on 28/05/2010 by the support.

So all current

Guest MikeRame
This information was written on 28/05/2010 by the support.

So all current

No. This information was written on 2010-05-20 by the support. The las reply to that was written on 28/05/2010.

Guest Epic-Emodude

So I just got an email reply from T-mobile UK.

Thanks for your email Aaron, asking me T-Mobile UK will release Android 2.1 software version for pulse. I'll certainly advise you about this.

I certainly understand you're concern Aaron, but I can only tell you as of now that before we release a software version on our network, our engineers test it thoroughly and if the test results are satisfied then, we update the version on our website so that our customers can download it and the testing process takes some time and I hope you'll appreciate it.

So they're not giving anything away yet, but with the release of 2.1 in hungary we can pretty much asume that we will get it very soon

Aaron

Guest Watt25
Hallo,

http://www.huaweidevice.com/community/thre...&orderStr=9

"Dear All ,

The reason for Android 2.1 of U82xx coming late and late, the key issue is that the Eclair`performance runing in U8230/U8220 is bad ,the defect includings outgoing&incoming display shows low,new SMS display shows low & big size website sometimes could not be opened etc.So we need more time to observe& improve it ,we could not offer fixed time when we will ralease the Eclair for U82XX. Dear All ,

The reason for Android 2.1 of U82xx coming late and late, the key issue is that the Eclair`performance runing in U8230/U8220 is bad ,the defect includings outgoing&incoming display shows low,new SMS display shows low & big size website sometimes could not be opened etc.So we need more time to observe& improve it ,we could not offer fixed time when we will ralease the Eclair for U82XX. "

This post has just removed!!! What this could mean? :rolleyes:

Guest robertopero

I sent a tweet to T-Mobile Hungary to ask when they say something about this situation. If I'll got any answer I'll write it. Stay tuned! :D

And a good thing, in Huewai forum someone just deleted the information topic first post. So I hope this mean they are ready. :rolleyes:

Edited by robertopero

Guest domjant
sweet! downloading now...3 hours left :rolleyes:

I could download but the pdf doesn't mention the new Android level only V100R001C123B819SP01, and the screenshoots are missing as well (or I use too old Arobat Reader :D

Unfortunately I don't have time now to play more with it (need to go work...)

I you will have more chance to play with it...