MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest CompSCI
Did you include the test phone fix?

P

Yes... However, I was having the same problem yesterday before r17 came out when I installed the kitchen r16... I originally used the WIP release - which works great...

Edited by CompSCI

Guest waterc00l

works perfect here (downside is.. only 4mb left without apps2sd vs. 30mb with odexed? normal behaviour?)

edit: wtf? 30 mb left after reboot? häh? :)

anyone know if its possible to install apps2sd afterwards without formatting the sd? any tool out there for repartitioning?

Edited by waterc00l

Guest lilHermit

Can someone who is having problems with Missed Calls and Email with Trackball Alert please send me a debug email from within the app?

~

Guest lilHermit

Ok Trackball Alert support for Inbuilt Froyo Email is fixed for Pro users!

Pro Users

What you need to do is:

- Delete "Inbuilt Email" from Trackball Alert Pro

- Add again via Simple method, but choose "Inbuilt Email (Froyo)"

Free Users

I will have to push a new version to Market which detects froyo

Still need more information on the "Missed Call" issue. So please send me "Email debug info" reports or add to my Issue Tracker here

Guest B.O.F.H.

I'm very happy with the MDC FroYo build.

One question though - I like the _old_ A2SD method and my SDCard was (and is) partitioned so that both A2SD and A2SD+ worked perfectly up through r15 (and also in CM up through 5.0.7.1).

I baked the A2SD in via the kitchen, but the enable flag /option I used to see in the "Applications -> Manage Applications" submenu isn't there anymore.

I've installed a few apps, but they appear to be installing in the internal phone storage versus the ext3 partition on the SDCard.

Any help out there for the (apparently) clueless? I really don't want to have to move all my data off the card, repartition, reformat and start over, especially since I have seen more than one report that the "new" method is still a tad wonky.

Edited by B.O.F.H.

Guest B.O.F.H.

I'll add one more - the kitchen builds aren't setting the "build.prop" to 2.1 as selected so all but two of my paid apps are missing in the Market.

Guest Scotty_T
I'll add one more - the kitchen builds aren't setting the "build.prop" to 2.1 as selected so all but two of my paid apps are missing in the Market.

The build.prop works fine if you do NOT select Dropbear

Guest JetSerge
I had good, normal download speedz?

~1.6 MB/s?

Hmm, maybe it's my ISP, but for the last 2 days kitchen downloads were extremely slow =( Previously I was downloading 1-3 MB/s.

Guest bakano
Hmm, maybe it's my ISP, but for the last 2 days kitchen downloads were extremely slow =( Previously I was downloading 1-3 MB/s.

hmm well I know others were reporting the same type of slow speeds, but I don't think any conclusion was ever reached other than Paul doing a test on it, and he was downloading at "normal" speeds too.

sorry =/

Guest Wouter2020

Hmmm.. My kitchen download speeds are pretty horrible right now. Haven't used it for a week or 2 but would like to try r17 now. Waiting... 45 minutes.....

Guest igorsd

It's definitely your ISP's problem... Going to fix it tomorrow :)

Guest JetSerge
It's definitely your ISP's problem... Going to fix it tomorrow :)

Isn't it nice when your ISP admins are using the same ROM and reading the same forum? =)

Guest B.O.F.H.
The build.prop works fine if you do NOT select Dropbear

Just re-baked without DropBear - build.prop still shows as 2.2

Has anyone found the "golden bb's" that force the 2.2 version so I can leave them out? (Versus running 10-12 kitchen builds.)

Guest bakano
Isn't it nice when your ISP admins are using the same ROM and reading the same forum? =)

hahah you guys confused me so much... i thought he was just some guy that made some funny comment... but he actually works for you ISP!? lolz. how did he even know which you were using? did you say before??

Guest JetSerge
hahah you guys confused me so much... i thought he was just some guy that made some funny comment... but he actually works for you ISP!? lolz. how did he even know which you were using? did you say before??

We know each other for a long time, he was reading the forum and spotted my comment, we've tested the speed and it turned out to be local ISP issue =)

P.S. after doing more tests it seems to be not local ISP issue. Test from 3 different channels shows 100 kbps max. Country specific issue? Paul, is your hosting limiting speed to .ru?

Edited by JetSerge

Guest bakano
We know each other for a long time, he was reading the forum and spotted my comment, we've tested the speed and it turned out to be local ISP issue =)

ohhhh. that's awesome!! hahah i wish i had one of those =P

Guest JetSerge
ohhhh. that's awesome!! hahah i wish i had one of those =P

Yes, however it seems to be more global problem as the download speeds from several .ru ISPs are not that great. There were also complaints from other users in this forum.

Trackball Alert Free has been updated to work properly... Trackball Alert Pro users should just recreate their alerts.

If you downloaded the 'test fixed' build, redownload.

P

Guest bakano
Trackball Alert Free has been updated to work properly... Trackball Alert Pro users should just recreate their alerts.

If you downloaded the 'test fixed' build, redownload.

P

so just to confirm, if I downloaded the original r17 posted earlier today, before the testing option appeared, I should be fine, correct?

and

Changelog

r17 15/Jun 20:30

• Properly de-odexed this time. Oops. :)
  • Additional Trackball Alert fixes (testing)
    • Non WIP Release

r16 27/May 20:30

[*]Initial Release

is the "(testing)" still applicable to the revision?