MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest soundwave1
I can't use the kitchen, so I used the prebake r17 rom.

The r15 or so Froyo prebake did include the radio.rom within the .zip file, this one does not.

So I flashed r17 without radio on r16, do I still have this radio?

And if not, how can I flash it into r17 prebake, I tried adding radio.img it to the .zip but that did not work because its not signed.

Head on over to the XDA forums, few of the custom ROMs posted there have links to the radio downloads.

Update it like you would update a new rom zip, then zip the rom.

Guest AJLEGEND

Sorry Paul.. i did post in the Relevant thread but there was no reply. i will stay off this thread with irrelevant posts.

Thanks for the reply.

AJ

Guest joelee
Having boot loop issues.

I'm coming from the original "stock" Froyo ROM with Cyanogen's quick rooter. I have Amon_Ra's recovery v1.7.0.1. I'm running Froyo's new radio (4.06.00.12_7). I'm doing a full wipe (data/factory reset, cache, Dalvik-cache, SD:ext, battery and rotate) then flashing the r17.

My 8GB SD Card is partitioned with 6.5GB Fat32 -> 1GB Ext4 -> some space for Linux-swap (left over from back when I was on CM5). Here's the output of "mount" from recovery console:

/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 on /sd-ext type ext4 (rw,relatime,barrier=1,data=ordered)

/ #
I//system/xbin/busybox(   53): mount: mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 on /system/sd failed: Invalid argument

The problem is your ext4 was mounted as /sd-ext ( CM5 and above ), but all current MCRs mount on /system/sd.

I can confirm App2SD+ is working on MCR r17 ( see my post #314 above ).

Edited by joelee

Guest Chahk
The problem is your ext4 was mounted as /sd-ext ( CM5 and above ), but all current MCRs mount on /system/sd.

I can confirm App2SD+ is working on MCR r17 ( see my post #314 above ).

Good catch. Will re-partitioning the SD Card via sdparted (or Clockwork/Amon_Ra recovery) fix this?

Edited by Chahk

Guest MattiDroid
Good catch. Will re-partitioning the SD Card via sdparted (or Clockwork/Amon_Ra recovery) fix this?

Same question from me, coming from CM5.0.8: How do I modify the mount point from /system/sd-ext to /system/sd? I guess a repartitioning of the SD-Card makes no sense... just mounting it to the Modaco requirements /system/sd.

Appreciate your help.

Guest maedox

I can't be sure because I haven't used apps2d on this install, but take a look in the init files on /. There are some mount point references there. Some environment variables are which I suspect is what you need to change.

$ adb shell

# grep sd /*

Guest GertuZz
Same question from me, coming from CM5.0.8: How do I modify the mount point from /system/sd-ext to /system/sd? I guess a repartitioning of the SD-Card makes no sense... just mounting it to the Modaco requirements /system/sd.

Appreciate your help.

I came from CM5.0.8.test5 and had bootloops too after installing the Modaco+a2sd rom. I just found out the Modaco Rom doesn't like Ext4-partitions, which I used in CM5.0.8. You'll have to create an Ext3-partition, and presto! No more bootloops (at least for me)! ;-) I hope it works for you guys too...

By the way...If you have an sd-card with only a FAT32 partition you'll get bootloops too!

Guest MattiDroid
I came from CM5.0.8.test5 and had bootloops too after installing the Modaco+a2sd rom. I just found out the Modaco Rom doesn't like Ext4-partitions, which I used in CM5.0.8. You'll have to create an Ext3-partition, and presto! No more bootloops (at least for me)! ;-) I hope it works for you guys too...

By the way...If you have an sd-card with only a FAT32 partition you'll get bootloops too!

Thanks. Will try. How did you revert EXT4 to EXT3?

Guest guruvan
Thanks. Will try. How did you revert EXT4 to EXT3?

the easiest way would be to take the sd card out of the phone, put it in a linux box, and run mkfs.ext3, that way you can easily get the data off, and put it back on. (of course not in that order ;)

Edited by guruvan

Guest cyril333

Hello,

I have a question about the "H" icon for this MCR r17 ROM. The "H' icon don't appear when I'm connected in HSDPA, it stays on "3G". I have verified that the files for the "H" icon were in "framework-res.apk" (in /system/framework).

I noticed that I haven't this problem with the Cyanogen ROM.

I really prefer the MCR ROMs ;) Can somebody help me to solve this problem ?

Guest Batkoto
Hello,

I have a question about the "H" icon for this MCR r17 ROM. The "H' icon don't appear when I'm connected in HSDPA, it stays on "3G". I have verified that the files for the "H" icon were in "framework-res.apk" (in /system/framework).

I noticed that I haven't this problem with the Cyanogen ROM.

I really prefer the MCR ROMs ;) Can somebody help me to solve this problem ?

And where exactly your problem is?

You are not happy with the fact your device is displaying 3G instead of H, or your throughput is noticeably slower when it displays 3G comparing to your throughput when it was showing H?

Edited by Batkoto

Is anyone else getting horrendous battery life with this ROM?

I've even uninstalled one by one a lot of things - smart keyboard, 3banana, astrid, twitter... even with autosync off I lost 50% during a couple of hours of sleep.

what am I doing wrong??? I baked my own ROM without dropbear, without facebook and without amazon. Cyano/2.1 MCR/Desire ROM r22.1 .. all had way better battery life, I could go 2 days if I stretched it. Same apps mind you, as I use Titanium to backup/restore them between flashes.

So either Froyo has bad battery life, I baked in or out something that affects battery life, or I'm doing something wrong.

Guest maedox

There's is nothing wrong with the battery life on mine. Try to let it run out of power then charge to 100 %, reboot to recovery, clear battery stats and see it that helps.

Guest cyril333
And where exactly your problem is?

You are not happy with the fact your device is displaying 3G instead of H, or your throughput is noticeably slower when it displays 3G comparing to your throughput when it was showing H?

I'm simply disappointed not seeing the "H" icon :(

And I don't understand why it is functionning on Cyanogen ROM and not on Modaco ROM (I really prefer the Modaco ROM ;) )

Am I alone in this situation ?

Edited by cyril333

Guest illmatic416
Is anyone else getting horrendous battery life with this ROM?

I've even uninstalled one by one a lot of things - smart keyboard, 3banana, astrid, twitter... even with autosync off I lost 50% during a couple of hours of sleep.

what am I doing wrong??? I baked my own ROM without dropbear, without facebook and without amazon. Cyano/2.1 MCR/Desire ROM r22.1 .. all had way better battery life, I could go 2 days if I stretched it. Same apps mind you, as I use Titanium to backup/restore them between flashes.

So either Froyo has bad battery life, I baked in or out something that affects battery life, or I'm doing something wrong.

+1 I'm also getting terrible battery life. With very little usage, my battery will go from 100% to 15% after 16 hours. When I was on the Desire ROM, 16 hours with the same or more usage it would drop down to 40-50%.

Guys I have been working on this for weeks but i cant get a answer form any number of sources. I have downloaded the fyro radio from many sources many times and have flash it. It isnt working no matter 2what i do. I even downloaded stock 2.2 with the radio many times and the radio never changes. Any idea while my radio wont update or change??? I would really appriciate if anybody could help me with this as i want to run 2.2

any ideas at all????

Edited by [email protected]

I installed a ROM based on this kitchen yesterday with A2SD+ included. Most things seem to be working fine, but I just noticed that when updating Google Sky Map (v1.5.1 to v1.5.2), my phone reboots (to the animated X animation) when it tries to install. In the changelog for the update, it mentions "Move app to sdcard (Android 2.2 users)". Does "old style" A2SD+ conflict with the FroYo method for putting apps on SD? And can apps somehow force themselves onto the SD card?

EDIT: I tried forcing internal storage with "adb shell pm setInternalStorage 1", but updating still resets the phone.

pix

Edited by xiq

Guest yohanevindra
I'm simply disappointed not seeing the "H" icon :(

And I don't understand why it is functionning on Cyanogen ROM and not on Modaco ROM (I really prefer the Modaco ROM ;) )

Am I alone in this situation ?

cyrill333, even im disappointed... i would prefer to have the "H" icon..that's the only thing where cyanogen has an advantage over MCR..otherwise i jus love MCR!!!! hope we can see the H icon in MCR r18!!!!

and anther question about partitioning...

as i am about to get a 32gb sd card, and since i wasnt sure the usual proportions of allocations needed i didnt partition my sd card..so its fully FAT32..and i didnt bake App2SD or App2SD+ in my bake, BUT to install apps to the sd card I used this app called "ModInstallLocation" is there any advantage using partitioning rather than the method im using???

Guest AndyCr15
Updating to Google Sky map 1.5.2 instantly reboots the phone. I have the same issue when trying to Move to SD on other apps. I use the non-apps2sd R17, and it was the same thing on Paul's first Froyo release. Any ideas? Is this as expected? I don't expect to have to reformat the sdcard to use Google's apps2sd solution. Should I?

If I reformat for apps2sd and use the apps2sd addition in the kitchen, will that solve it?

Ah, mine wont even install Google Sky Map now. I notice the change they made is it installs to SD card in the latest update...

Guest Batkoto
Ah, mine wont even install Google Sky Map now. I notice the change they made is it installs to SD card in the latest update...

Are you getting UNKNOWN REASON -18 ?

This is what I am getting, also sent couple of emails to GoogleSkyMap team, no reply...doh