MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Formel-LMS

It works without a wipe.

But, its more faster with a wipe. I tried both.

EDIT// It's fully de-odexed.

You must give the themers a bit time, then the themes work with this ROM. Making Nandroid before applying is a very good idea. ;)

Edited by Formel-LMS

Guest waterc00l

just a question if allowed which has probably nothing to do with this special rom:

With the deodexed versions, on the first boot i have only about 10 mb left @ phone space for apps, after a reboot there are about 40 mb? is that a normal behaviour for deodexed roms?

+

is dalvik cache still recreated on every boot?

Edited by waterc00l

Guest Formel-LMS

Anybody a strange market on r18?

My Downloads installs, appeared in Market as "installing" Installed Apps are not marked as installed...

and so on

Guest boesky37

My Downloads installs, appeared in Market as "installing" Installed Apps are not marked as installed...

and so on

I had that, but all was fine after the second reboot (first boot after the initial one).

Cheers ;)

Guest ratcom

and so on

yes I've been getting this problem since Froyo50 ;) I've learned to live with it :(

Guest zedpwkc
Known Issues
  • None

r18 21/06/10 13:00 GMT
    • Updated with all FRF72 changes
    • Updated Adobe Flash
    • Various other minor fixes / updates
      • LED and brightness tweaks, initial release with prebakes
        • Added ext4 / tun support

r17 17/06/10 08:00 GMT

[*]Updated, please redownload!

r17 16/06/10 17:20 GMT

[*]Updated, please redownload!

r17 16/06/10 17:00 GMT

[*]Initial test release

Can Paul provide a standalone version of HTC_CIME.ZIP updates as in Desire Rom previously for Froyo?

Guest maddin9000

Hello,

I just installed the r17 without addons and wanted to know if there's a possibility to get the Desire Theme by replacing the framework-res.apk and services.jar?

On my Milestone it worked just fine with 2.1

Is there a pack of these 2 components for 2.2?

Thanks for answer ;)

Regards,

maddin9000

Guest mcgoo99

Sorry for the MoDaCo n00bness, if this question has been asked before...just installed r18. Everything works great, just getting FC's with Spare Parts and WaveSecure won't accept my pin. Anyone know what i'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: forgot to add, all i flashed was "r18 with default MoDaCo additions". upgraded from FRF50, wiped everything but factory reset. SU works, other apps have SU privileges too.

EDIT2: Ok, got Spare Parts working using leo's froyo modded spare parts. Still no luv from WaveSecure...any suggestions?

Edited by mcgoo99

Guest bakano

Paul I haz a question,

a Goggle maps update came out several minutes ago, and my maps will not update. This is something that will be "fixed" with another release of your ROM right? maybe something to do with the "framework" or something...?

Guest deanesn
Paul I haz a question,

a Goggle maps update came out several minutes ago, and my maps will not update. This is something that will be "fixed" with another release of your ROM right? maybe something to do with the "framework" or something...?

just uninstall gmaps and then install it again.

Guest Formel-LMS

In my ROM was the wrong build.prop

I've copied my "old" build.prop from MCR r17 and everything is fine now.

A problem with the kitchen?

Guest Docmjldds
Paul I haz a question,

I posted on Rodriquez to you. Manually install on top works fine. Auto update is turned off. Simply go to the market, and use the manually install method as stated. You will see manuall install if the check mark is off for auto update google maps.

Guest bakano
I posted on Rodriquez to you. Manually install on top works fine. Auto update is turned off. Simply go to the market, and use the manually install method as stated. You will see manuall install if the check mark is off for auto update google maps.

thank you sir, i did check out your other post, however it still will not work for me. the "manual update" was the first thing i tried actually... i think it's funny that it's called manual updating... since all you do is click a button in the same menu =)

anyway, another thing is that Rodriguez addressed the issue and said it will be fixed in his next update... so you just got lucky! =)

Guest Pitne

doesnt work. I cant even uninstall maps so I can reinstall it again. I cant manually update maps

Guest sbdroid

Hi Paul,

I have been asking this question on all the forums.

Now asking you.

Is it possible at all to create a custom ROM with the boot image size less than 2.3 MB?

I am one of the few N1 users who has this restricted image issue. The bad block issue.

I am unable to install any ROM with the boot image size of more than 2.2 or 2.3 MB.

Please help!

I download r17 and it is by far the best i have used. I still have a radio problem. I cant get a new radio installed since i have rooted the phone. this time i installed the rom with the radio and it installed everything and then i got a radio install error saying it cant installed another radio. I downloaded it without the raqdio and it works good but i cant use the video as it needs the new radio. I have tried the radio by itself and with the rom. nothing. Is this phone jacked up???

Guest boesky37
I download r17 and it is by far the best i have used. I still have a radio problem. I cant get a new radio installed since i have rooted the phone. this time i installed the rom with the radio and it installed everything and then i got a radio install error saying it cant installed another radio. I downloaded it without the raqdio and it works good but i cant use the video as it needs the new radio. I have tried the radio by itself and with the rom. nothing. Is this phone jacked up???

Have you tried flashing a radio.img file? Just grab the standalone radio.img (Radio_20100203_PASSION.img for example) then as usual

fastboot flash radio ./fastboot flash radio Radio_20100203_PASSION.img

No?

Guest enterusername

Hi,

I tried flashing this after cy's latest mod. (With froyo radio) and everything works but the web browser.

Internet appears to be working,

However I tried using the browser and it can't find any pages (www.google.ca) any ideas? I tried gmail/and other programs and it works fine.

Guest vzontini

Since R17 I've noticed the screen touch response when dragging around is a bit off. For example sometimes I have to drag several times to go from one launcher screen to another. Anyone else seeing this issue? I updated to R18 and it is still doing it. I didn't have it with previous MCR releases. NOTE: I wiped cache, dalvik cache, battery settings, rotate settings, and factory reset before installing R17. I'm not using A2SD in any way.

Guest stevenz

I've noticed the same thing, it's fine for a while after a reboot though. I'm not convinced that it's MCR's fault, I've got "myLock" installed so I can have trackball wake with FroYo and I suspect that is the culprit.

You might want to try a 3rd party kernel such as one of IntersectRaven's as it uses the OnDemand scheduler which makes things snappier, the default kernel uses the Conservative which may give very slightly more battery life but can make things a bit slow to get going.