MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest boesky37
There is my problem i am a noob as to what you are talking about. We didnt even have cimputers when i was in school. Is there a step by step on how to do such a thing.

I'm not sure if this is layman enough, but the "Prerequisites" section includes radio flashing.

Cheers ;)

Guest RatSon
Market problems?

Look here:

http://www.handy-faq.de/forum/nexus_one_fo...me_beheben.html

In the first post is a text file.

Delete the .txt extension and

adb push /data/data/com.android.vending/shared_prefs/vending_preferences.xml

Reboot and everything is fine. It could take a few hours.

if it doesn't help also check this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...mp;postcount=13

i guess it is the same solution, but maybe different xml, for me frf72 needed changes...

Guest teknologist
I've noticed the same thing, it's fine for a while after a reboot though. I'm not convinced that it's MCR's fault, I've got "myLock" installed so I can have trackball wake with FroYo and I suspect that is the culprit.

You might want to try a 3rd party kernel such as one of IntersectRaven's as it uses the OnDemand scheduler which makes things snappier, the default kernel uses the Conservative which may give very slightly more battery life but can make things a bit slow to get going.

You are completely wrong. Default CPU governor in Android kernel is and has always been OnDemand.

[EDIT] If you are not convinced, using any stock kernel (Hero, NexusOne, 1.5, 1.6, Froyo), type this:

adb shell cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

and you'll see ondemand as the result

In fact what IntersectRaven does is what I did in TCK for MCR kernel series (Hero & N1) which is adding the conservative governor (no bundled in stock kernels) to be used together with setCPU when battery was under 40% or something else...

Edited by teknologist

Guest maedox
On a side note, Froyo source code is now available. Let the games begin!;)

Hell yes! Finally. :(

While we are still in the process of derailing (not even sure that's an english expression - it is in Norwegian); I can't look at the vanilla Android anymore. If you're like me, try NexTheme from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=707366

edit: What I meant was this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=705528

Another thing... I had issues with network location not working after installing Froyo, and was thinking there was a bug somewhere. Turns out there was some crap lurking in my old data, as I never wiped before installing. I sucked it up and did a backup, full wipe and then reinstalled r18. Now everything works. Titanium Backup did not do so well, but that's another story. It told me everything backed up ok, and that everything restored ok. IT DIDN'T! The rage! ;-)

Well, it all worked out in the end. Thanks for your work Paul.

Edited by maedox

Guest B.O.F.H.

Still seeing strangeness in the Kitchen.

If I build with Dropbear, then the 2.1 Buildprop and Java don't work (the Buildprop failure means than about 50% of my purchased apps don't show in the Market).

If I build without Dropbear, then Titanium Backup isn't included and the Market gets wonky. By wonky I mean that it will show my purchased apps in "Downloads", but all other screen /search /etc. show "No matching content in Android Market."

There may be other oddities that I haven't noticed just yet, but this seems to be a significant issue (at least for me).

And yes, I did wipe from Recovery (twice, as recommended) before loading the R18 build.

Edited by B.O.F.H.

Guest Contivity

I noticed something weird when using adb shell.

# ls

ls

←[1;34macct←[0m			  ←[0;0mdefault.prop←[0m	  ←[1;32minit.mahimahi.rc

←[0m  ←[1;34msbin←[0m

←[1;34mcache←[0m			 ←[1;34mdev←[0m			   ←[1;32minit.rc←[0m

←[1;36msdcard←[0m

←[1;34mconfig←[0m			←[1;36metc←[0m			   ←[1;34mmnt←[0m

←[1;34msys←[0m

←[1;36md←[0m				 ←[1;32minit←[0m			  ←[1;34mproc←[0m

←[1;34msystem←[0m

←[1;34mdata←[0m			  ←[1;32minit.goldfish.rc←[0m  ←[1;34mroot←[0m

#

FYI: I'm on prebake (r18 + a2sd) and intersectRaven 800mV CFS kernel

Edited by Contivity

Guest nicandris
I noticed something weird when using adb shell.

# ls

ls

←[1;34macct←[0m			  ←[0;0mdefault.prop←[0m	  ←[1;32minit.mahimahi.rc

←[0m  ←[1;34msbin←[0m

←[1;34mcache←[0m			 ←[1;34mdev←[0m			   ←[1;32minit.rc←[0m

←[1;36msdcard←[0m

←[1;34mconfig←[0m			←[1;36metc←[0m			   ←[1;34mmnt←[0m

←[1;34msys←[0m

←[1;36md←[0m				 ←[1;32minit←[0m			  ←[1;34mproc←[0m

←[1;34msystem←[0m

←[1;34mdata←[0m			  ←[1;32minit.goldfish.rc←[0m  ←[1;34mroot←[0m

#

FYI: I'm on prebake (r18 + a2sd) and intersectRaven 800mV CFS kernel

emmm thats a small command to be added as an alias, but cant recall it... will search a bit and get back to you... its because dos cannot recognize the colors there...

edit* run this in the shell

alias ls='ls --color=never'
Edited by nicandris

Guest flipper203

Hello, just a question, I installed this rom and all my applications where automatically install, it s nice, but I wonder if it is a froyo feature or a modaco feature...

Guest Master_Ne0

@Paul

I have just started using this ROM, i like it, its really smooth. Though i just wanted to know how you support Track Ball Alert? Because the app suggests that you use mods to the Framework, but you say in your first post that its based on the released/leaked ROMs. So are the all the system/app and system/framwork files stock or are there mods in there too?

Ne0

Guest rodriguezstyle
Baking up MCR R19 with FRF83, then i'll be looking to merge in stuff like full 270 rotate, trackball wake and the like.

P

Very Good News I Hope for a Update soon...

Edited by rodriguezstyle

Guest skydart
Very Good News I Hope for a Update soon...

Definitely! BTW, does anyone know of some way to automatically be notified when (and only when), a new update is released from Paul. I'm only referring to a notification the minute r19 is released, or r20, etc.

Guest richy
Definitely! BTW, does anyone know of some way to automatically be notified when (and only when), a new update is released from Paul. I'm only referring to a notification the minute r19 is released, or r20, etc.

Yes, that would be a good idea, as I end up freshing every five mins to see if there is any change lol

Guest aiewolf

Just follow @paulobrien on twitter

Guest mrSHEiK124

Just grabbed R19 from the kitchen, probably going to wait before flashing...only been using R18 for a couple of days now.

Guest AndroidAlways

Should I include the r19 radio update, or is it the same as before? (included it when I was flashing r17).

Is wiping first recommended in terms of performance?