MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest jason.hamilton
Can we have a R21 version without WaveSecure prebaked into it. I downloaded the version without modaco additions and the bugger is still in there. :)

Negative. Thats their way of getting people to pay for the add free subscription. Its almost worth it... ill probably upgrade soon. Easiest way to get rid of it though is to clear notifications but there is still one icon left. Click it, let it load til it asks for pin then just hit home. It will go away til next reboot.

Guest bewA
I had this as well. (I was on CM5.0.8 previously, but I wiped the SD card prior.) I had to to wipe the sdcard ext partition, repair the ext partition, convert to ext3 then ext4, and I also flashed a kernel in there. I also did a factory reset via recovery. So, in order, I did this (after of course making sure I had a nandroid backup of everything for my prior working config).

1. wipe data partition

2. wipe cache / Dalvik

3. wipe sd card

4. repair sd partition

5. convert to ext3

6. convert to ext4

7. flash r21 with a2sd

8. flash kernel (I've used pershoot's and wildmonk's successfully)

9. reboot

10. offer a sacrifice to the android gods

I got it up and running after that, and I was able to restore from Titanium backup so I did't have to reconfigure much more.

Hope that helps.

I've just done the same thing minus step 8. and i'm not getting a bootloop straight away like before but i'm getting one during the animation.

Here's the Logcat. It seems to get upset when its trying to read /data/app

D/PackageManager(  533): Scanning app dir /data/app

E/System  (  533): Failure starting core service

E/System  (  533): java.lang.NullPointerException

E/System  (  533):	  at com.android.server.PackageManagerService.scanDirLI(PackageManagerService.java:2473)

E/System  (  533):	  at com.android.server.PackageManagerService.<init>(PackageManagerService.java:966)

E/System  (  533):	  at com.android.server.PackageManagerService.main(PackageManagerService.java:681)

E/System  (  533):	  at com.android.server.ServerThread.run(SystemServer.java:122)

I/SystemServer(  533): Device Policy

E/SystemServer(  533): Failure starting DevicePolicyService

E/SystemServer(  533): java.lang.NullPointerException

E/SystemServer(  533):  at android.app.ContextImpl.registerReceiverInternal(ContextImpl.java:803)

E/SystemServer(  533):  at android.app.ContextImpl.registerReceiver(ContextImpl.java:778)

E/SystemServer(  533):  at android.app.ContextImpl.registerReceiver(ContextImpl.java:772)

E/SystemServer(  533):  at com.android.internal.content.PackageMonitor.register(PackageMonitor.java:65)

E/SystemServer(  533):  at com.android.server.DevicePolicyManagerService.<init>(DevicePolicyManagerService.java:217)

E/SystemServer(  533):  at com.android.server.ServerThread.run(SystemServer.java:219)

I/SystemServer(  533): Status Bar

E/SystemServer(  533): Failure starting StatusBarService

E/SystemServer(  533):  at com.android.server.status.StatusBarIcon.getIcon(StatusBarIcon.java:157)

E/SystemServer(  533):  at com.android.server.status.StatusBarIcon.<init>(StatusBarIcon.java:79)

E/SystemServer(  533):  at com.android.server.status.StatusBarService.makeStatusBarView(StatusBarService.java:311)

E/SystemServer(  533):  at com.android.server.status.StatusBarService.<init>(StatusBarService.java:239)

E/SystemServer(  533):  at com.android.server.ServerThread.run(SystemServer.java:227)

I/SystemServer(  533): Clipboard Service

W/dalvikvm(  533): threadid=14: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x4001d7f0)

I/SystemServer(  533): Input Method Service

E/SystemServer(  533): Failure starting Input Manager Service

E/SystemServer(  533):  at android.app.ContextImpl.registerReceiverInternal(ContextImpl.java:803)

E/SystemServer(  533):  at android.app.ContextImpl.registerReceiver(ContextImpl.java:778)

E/SystemServer(  533):  at android.app.ContextImpl.registerReceiver(ContextImpl.java:772)

E/SystemServer(  533):  at com.android.internal.content.PackageMonitor.register(PackageMonitor.java:65)

E/SystemServer(  533):  at com.android.server.InputMethodManagerService.<init>(InputMethodManagerService.java:461)

E/SystemServer(  533):  at com.android.server.ServerThread.run(SystemServer.java:243)

I/SystemServer(  533): NetStat Service

I/SystemServer(  533): NetworkManagement Service

I/SystemServer(  533): Connectivity Service

V/ConnectivityService(  533): ConnectivityService starting up

E/AndroidRuntime(  533): *** FATAL EXCEPTION IN SYSTEM PROCESS: ConnectivityThread

E/AndroidRuntime(  533): java.lang.NullPointerException

E/AndroidRuntime(  533):		at android.app.ActivityThread.getProvider(ActivityThread.java:4311)

E/AndroidRuntime(  533):		at android.app.ActivityThread.acquireProvider(ActivityThread.java:4340)

E/AndroidRuntime(  533):		at android.app.ContextImpl$ApplicationContentResolver.acquireProvider(ContextImpl.java:1621)

E/AndroidRuntime(  533):		at android.content.ContentResolver.acquireProvider(ContentResolver.java:744)

E/AndroidRuntime(  533):		at android.provider.Settings$NameValueCache.getString(Settings.java:608)

E/AndroidRuntime(  533):		at android.provider.Settings$Secure.getString(Settings.java:1998)

E/AndroidRuntime(  533):		at com.android.server.ConnectivityService.<init>(ConnectivityService.java:189)

E/AndroidRuntime(  533):		at com.android.server.ConnectivityService.<init>(ConnectivityService.java:56)

E/AndroidRuntime(  533):		at com.android.server.ConnectivityService$ConnectivityThread.run(ConnectivityService.java:154)

I/Process (  533): Sending signal. PID: 533 SIG: 9

E/AndroidRuntime(  533): Error reporting crash

E/AndroidRuntime(  533): java.lang.NullPointerException

E/AndroidRuntime(  533):		at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$UncaughtHandler.uncaughtException(RuntimeInit.java:76)

E/AndroidRuntime(  533):		at java.lang.ThreadGroup.uncaughtException(ThreadGroup.java:887)

E/AndroidRuntime(  533):		at java.lang.ThreadGroup.uncaughtException(ThreadGroup.java:884)

I/Zygote  (  532): Exit zygote because system server (533) has terminated

E/installd(  126): eof

E/installd(  126): failed to read size

I/installd(  126): closing connection

D/BootAnimation(  546): SurfaceFlinger died, exiting...

I/ServiceManager(  118): service 'SurfaceFlinger' died

I/ServiceManager(  118): service 'usagestats' died

I/ServiceManager(  118): service 'entropy' died

I/ServiceManager(  118): service 'power' died

I/ServiceManager(  118): service 'network_management' died

I/ServiceManager(  118): service 'netstat' died

I/ServiceManager(  118): service 'telephony.registry' died

I/ServiceManager(  118): service 'batteryinfo' died

I/ServiceManager(  118): service 'clipboard' died

I/ServiceManager(  118): service 'media.audio_flinger' died

I/ServiceManager(  118): service 'media.player' died

I/ServiceManager(  118): service 'media.camera' died

I/ServiceManager(  118): service 'media.audio_policy' died

D/AndroidRuntime(  562):

D/AndroidRuntime(  562): >>>>>>>>>>>>>> AndroidRuntime START <<<<<<<<<<<<<<

anyone got any ideas?

I cooked with A2SD. Should i try A2SD+?

Guest Cyberdelia
Can we have a R21 version without WaveSecure prebaked into it. I downloaded the version without modaco additions and the bugger is still in there. :)

You can uninstall that @#$%& app that I hate too. From your PC, with the nexus connected to it, (and having the ADB DOS command working type:

adb remount

adb shell rm /system/app/com.wsandroid.apk

and say bye that demon...

Guest crimsondr
You can uninstall that @#$%& app that I hate too. From your PC, with the nexus connected to it, (and having the ADB DOS command working type:

adb remount

adb shell rm /system/app/com.wsandroid.apk

and say bye that demon...

Just flashed r21 and wanted to delete this. Thanks for the info.

• System dalvik-cache moved to /cache partition

I was wondering if somebody could check if the dalvik-cache relocation is working for them. Because on two phones running MCR r21 without additions, /data/dalvik-cache is recreated on reboot, with the same size it was before. However, /cache/dalvik-cache (which was probably created by r19 or r20, which were the only MCRs I used on this phone) is not recreated.

Best regards,

Lars

Edited by Guest

Guest dmesg

I'm getting random restarts on R21. It happens once every few hours, always when the phone is idle. I only see the following in logcat:

W/Watchdog( 587): *** WATCHDOG KILLING SYSTEM PROCESS: com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService

I/ActivityThread( 3703): Removing dead content provider: settings

I/ActivityThread( 3437): Removing dead content provider: settings

... (the last line repeats 20 times)

Does it happen to anyone else?

Has anybody else noticed that when tapping a received SMS from the window shade that it takes you to the messaging list, instead of the actual conversation thread?

R19 was fine, then R20 started going to the list, R21 does the same.

Pain in the ass as it takes two taps to get to a message....yes the 1 extra step annoys me.

Just me or is this how the latest builds roll?

I uninstalled Handcent... and now it does it to me too LOL

Guest ssss25

Hi..

Couldn't find the answer tho this. I read the differences between a2sd and a2sd+. But if I don't choose either in the kitchen, will I have to google a2sd that came with froyo untouched?

Thx..

Guest draperyfalls

I had a question, I was wondering about Running apps. am using Advance Task Killer and I kill the Apps am not using and Ignore the ones I do use on a daily bases. But my question is, after I kill the app am not using the app restarts again after some minutes. is there a way to disable this?

Guest Formel-LMS

Forget it. What you do is contraproductive.

Let the apps run, they don't need any processor time.

Android is very smart in this case.

Guest Cyberdelia
I had a question, I was wondering about Running apps. am using Advance Task Killer and I kill the Apps am not using and Ignore the ones I do use on a daily bases. But my question is, after I kill the app am not using the app restarts again after some minutes. is there a way to disable this?

Yes, you can. Search in the market: Autorun Killer

and disable all the apps you don't like to be started

Guest Jesus Diaz

Paul,

Thanks for the hard work man!!!. I just installed one of your your custom pre-baked r21 roms and then installed the trackball wake and unlock mod and it all works great. :) :D :P

Guest Sylar2010

Many bugs:

-Restart alone (first time since I bought my N1 meaning 3 months)

-Crazy screen

-Sometimes the drop down menu shows up when I press on a widget

-Incall volume sounds lower even with Interesect kernel

Guest mastix mc

Hi guys,

first of all thank you very much for that great release!!!

One question:

I can see that you've added the trackball wake script. Unfortunately I think that I'm too stupid to use it! :) How does it work? I mean this is a feature that I've been waiting for for a long time. But when my phone is in sleep mode it does not wake up when pressing the trackball. Is there any way to enable that feature?

Regards,

mastix

Guest Sylar2010

Another bug I found: APN doesn't work at all, the ''E'' doesn't show whatever the APN I choose

I am gonna go back to CM6

I can see that you've added the trackball wake script. Unfortunately I think that I'm too stupid to use it! :) How does it work? I mean this is a feature that I've been waiting for for a long time. But when my phone is in sleep mode it does not wake up when pressing the trackball. Is there any way to enable that feature?

Another question: you did bake your own MCR with this feature and not use one of the prebakes? Because the first post lists "Optional Trackball Wake" (emphasis by me), meaning it is in the kitchen but not in the prebakes.

HTH,

Lars

I was wondering if somebody could check if the dalvik-cache relocation is working for them.

I just wiped my device and reinstalled MCR r21 to make sure it wasn't an effect due to upgrading without wiping. It seems that the Dalvik cache is indeed not relocated but remains in /data:

# cd /cache

cd /cache

# du -sh *

du -sh *

2.0K	lost+found

2.0K	recovery

# cd /data

cd /data

# du -sh *

du -sh *

4.0M	app

2.0K	app-private

8.5K	backup

38.8M   dalvik-cache

1.4M	data

2.0K	dontpanic

[...]

So it seems this feature got lost between r19 (where it worked) and r21, don't know about r20.

Even though this is technically a bug report, thank you, Paul, for all your work in creating these ROMs!

Regards,

Lars

Guest Paul
I just wiped my device and reinstalled MCR r21 to make sure it wasn't an effect due to upgrading without wiping. It seems that the Dalvik cache is indeed not relocated but remains in /data:

# cd /cache
cd /cache
# du -sh *
du -sh *
2.0K lost+found
2.0K recovery
# cd /data
cd /data
# du -sh *
du -sh *
4.0M app
2.0K app-private
8.5K backup
38.8M dalvik-cache
1.4M data
2.0K dontpanic
[...][/code]

So it seems this feature got lost between r19 (where it worked) and r21, don't know about r20.

Even though this is technically a bug report, thank you, Paul, for all your work in creating these ROMs!

Regards,

Lars

Did you select A2SD+?

P

Did you select A2SD+?

Ooops, I knew I forgot some information. :) I use the regular r21 prebake without additions, not a custom bake.

I just went back to the second post and re-read the A2SD+ description. Is the Dalvik-cache relocation only part of that feature? Because I have a /cache/dalvik-cache, probably from using the r19 or r20 prebakes, so I thought this was a stock feature.

Edit: OK, I re-re-read it and I realized A2SD+ relocates the Dalvik cache to the SD card. However, I meant relocating it to /cache, as it is listed in the regular features (and which worked with r19 or r20). I am currently at work, but I have the prebakes for r19 and r20 at home; I can check tonight (OK, probably tomorrow night, no football game then) in which versions the cache relocation worked.

HTH,

Lars

Edited by Guest

Guest boesky37
Hi guys,

first of all thank you very much for that great release!!!

One question:

Regards,

mastix

Some dude from XDA uploaded his "bake"; includes Scripts, Beebplayer, etc... about 5 "extra" apps or so? All removable of course.

But it had trackball wake, so it's good for me. :D Trust me, just get it, flash it, and remove those extras. TB makes it all worthwhile.

The link he posted originally is down now, so I upped it to mf for ya.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jjm4xh2trtg

Guest Sylar2010

About my APN problem I think something messed with the Radio because I can't use the *#*#6436#*#* trick anymore!

What should I do? reflash the original Froyo radio?

Guest werpu
Yes, you can. Search in the market: Autorun Killer

and disable all the apps you don't like to be started

Dont yous app killers they just drain your battery performance by constantly polling the app list.

Android has its own app killer and normally performs better without those additional ones.