MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Formel-LMS
About my APN problem I think something messed with the Radio because I can't use the *#*#6436#*#* trick anymore!

What should I do? reflash the original Froyo radio?

Thats wrong!

Use *#*#4636#*#* :)

Guest Cyberdelia
Dont yous app killers they just drain your battery performance by constantly polling the app list.

Android has its own app killer and normally performs better without those additional ones.

Autorun Killer is NOT an app killer. It's an app to decide wich apps won't be loaded at restart

Guest Frederico Oliveira

I have installed this version perfect, but the system keeps me warning that is a system update to 2.2

How can I remove this warning? It's boring...

Thanks in advance.

Guest navahoo

for all those having problems with shortcuts on beautiful widget,

the problems seems to be solved and will be fixed in the next version! :)

Guest Viyu Viyullas
I have installed this version perfect, but the system keeps me warning that is a system update to 2.2

How can I remove this warning? It's boring...

Thanks in advance.

you should read back in the thread for the answer, It's boring..... :)

I guess there are a few ways to get rid of this. One way is to go ahead and have it attempt to install the update. It will fail and people have said you will not get the OTA notifications. I used ADB and changed otacerts.zip to otacerts.zip.bak in /system/etc/security. Another way is to get rid of the download database item that someone else posted about. Yet something else people have mentioned is to not choose the 2.1 build prop and flash beta. Others have mentioned simply rebooting but this did not do it for me. I went with the otacert.zip renaming method and I have not been troubled with an update request.
Edited by Viyu Viyullas

I am currently at work, but I have the prebakes for r19 and r20 at home; I can check tonight in which versions the cache relocation worked.

I now installed and tested the prebakes for r21 back to r19. Each ROM was installed after a complete wipe. After it had booted, I connected to the phone via ADB and checked /cache and /data for the Dalvik cache. In each case, /cache/dalvik-cache was missing after the first boot, but showed up after the second boot. I must have only booted once after wiping and reinstalling r21.

I cannot reproduce the problem, I guess it was some strange conflict because I updated r19 to r20 and afterwards to r21. I am glad it's working now, thanks again, Paul.

Regards,

Lars

Guest Contivity

Lost my /data/data because I tried to move it to /system/sd :)

Stupid me for not doing nandroid

Edited by Contivity

Guest N1Martian
Autorun Killer is NOT an app killer. It's an app to decide wich apps won't be loaded at restart

Just thought I would hype the program "Autostarts" which makes Autorun Killer look like an Apple program by comparison. You can disable startup programs as well as programs that run during any OS event. Easily worth the $1 if you like to tinker.

My most trusted OS Utilities:

-Autostarts

-Advanced Task Manager Free

-OSMonitor

-SystemPanel Lite

Edited by N1Martian

Guest leoncc

Just installed baked rom with radio, rebooted to the bin and little green man, booted back into amons with formatting cache, do i wait or reboot now?

Guest Cseb95

Hi,

How can I uninstall Wavesecure ?

I've installed r21 with default MoDaCo additions and A2SD and it comes with it. But uninstall is not available for Wavesecure in the system applications management.

Thanks for your great job !

Edited by Cseb95

Guest Cyberdelia
Hi,

I've installed r21 with default MoDaCo additions and A2SD and it comes with it. But uninstall is not available for Wavesecure in the system applications management.

Read a very few pages ago...

Guest rugmankc
Just installed baked rom with radio, rebooted to the bin and little green man, booted back into amons with formatting cache, do i wait or reboot now?

Just reboot if you haven't already. Mine always does that, don't know why.

Ken

Guest rugmankc
Hi,

If you don't want to use ADB from your PC, you can rename or delete it with Root Explorer. I don't prebake and unchecked it on my baked roms, so I can't verify this as in WaveSecure being seen by Root Explorer, but it should show. You need to long press on the app to get the choices I mentioned.

Ken

Edited by rugmankc

Guest Jesus Diaz
You can uninstall that @#$%& app that I hate too. From your PC, with the nexus connected to it, (and having the ADB DOS command working type:

adb remount

adb shell rm /system/app/com.wsandroid.apk

and say bye that demon...

Thanks!!!!, I wanted to remove that too and just followed your instructions and now it's gone. :)

Guest Michael Spencer Jr.

OK, I'm running out of space far too quickly now. Way too many awesome apps, not enough space. But I have a 16 GB microSD card with plenty of free space, and I'm very Linux-savvy. I want to play with Apps2SD. Trying to Read The Fine Manual, but I'm nervous I'm missing something.

Procedure as I understand it:

0) nandroid backup, always

1) Repartition SD card, fat32 first, ext3 second.

2) I'm currently running this rom (MCR r21) from a kitchen build, so I use the kitchen to rebuild a rom with A2SD or A2SD+.

Am I done? Does MCR autoconfigure everything else from here? Or should I go further and follow the steps found here?

3) Open ConnectBot shell, become root.

4) Use "mount" or "df -a" to confirm the ext3 partition has been mounted on /system/sd. Seek help here if not.

5) cp -a the contents of /data/ app, dalvik-cache, and data to /system/sd/

6) power down, enter boot loader, somehow get a root shell without Android running . . .

Do I only do steps 1 and 2 above? If I need to move and symlink things myself, how do I get a root shell from the recovery menu?

If the A2SD scripts do all the work, how good is their error handling? If there's a problem with my ext3 partition, or if I screw up and put ext3 first and fat32 second, will the script detect this and not do horrible things to my fat32 partition?

Also the A2SD link above recommends a partition no larger than 1.5 GB. Does the restriction that inspired that advice still remain? Or could I do a larger partition if I was crazy enough to want this?

Sorry for the questions, and thanks.

Guest kemkem42

Hello Everyone

I'd like to install this FRF91 modaco rom on my nexus (stuck in ERE27, OTA failed maybe cause of superboot)

I've read carefully the first post, where mentionned that

"In order to use this ROM on your device, you must have a custom recovery image installed"

I've always started recovery using 'fastboot boot recovery' on my devices, which "starts" recovery and not installing it.

Can I proceed the same way ? Or installation of custom recovery is mandatory ?

Thanks !

Guest dmesg

0) nandroid backup, always

1) Repartition SD card, fat32 first, ext3 second.

2) I'm currently running this rom (MCR r21) from a kitchen build, so I use the kitchen to rebuild a rom with A2SD or A2SD+.

Do I only do steps 1 and 2 above?

Also the A2SD link above recommends a partition no larger than 1.5 GB. Does the restriction that inspired that advice still remain? Or could I do a larger partition if I was crazy enough to want this?

I just did 0) nandroid backup 1) data backup from sd card (from fat32) 2) repartition from recovery 3) restore data back to fat32

Everything else was done by MCR on first boot.

Why would you need more than 1.5GB? I have tons of stuff installed (most of it will be uninstalled when I have time to go through all the apps), and still got 900MB available.

Guest RatSon
Just thought I would hype the program "Autostarts" which makes Autorun Killer look like an Apple program by comparison. You can disable startup programs as well as programs that run during any OS event. Easily worth the $1 if you like to tinker.

My most trusted OS Utilities:

-Autostarts

-Advanced Task Manager Free

-OSMonitor

-SystemPanel Lite

ok maybe it is not the best to hear it from me (as the developer of Autorun Killer and AutoKiller) but just to make it clear:

Autorun Killer:

it checks which apps are intended to start on boot and lets you disable them in a say that they are killed right after they are started. that pretty much replace the killall after boot I used to do before i developed this app. Autostarts does it differently it just revokes the right from the app to listen to broadcasted events, and as soo it only should be used by someone who really understands what he does, it is easy to break your app so.... i am not against it, my app just provides a more secure (but little bit less effective) way for free and also for non rooted users. I also plan to offer similar functionality to my rooted users like autostarts but only after enabling some expert options.

AutoKiller:

this is a minfree manager which sets the minfree values for android system tweaking the way how the system kills applications. so it is a set it and forget it function which doesn't break the system, just lets you refine inner cleanup processes.

you can read more about those on my home page

I'd like to install this FRF91 modaco rom on my nexus (stuck in ERE27, OTA failed maybe cause of superboot)

I've read carefully the first post, where mentionned that

"In order to use this ROM on your device, you must have a custom recovery image installed"

I've always started recovery using 'fastboot boot recovery' on my devices, which "starts" recovery and not installing it.

Can I proceed the same way ? Or installation of custom recovery is mandatory ?

I am quite sure that a custom recovery is necessary, since the stock one will probably not accept the signature of a MoDaCo Custom ROM.

However, since you have unlocked your N1 already (for superboot), why not install a custom recovery? The possibility of a complete nandroid backup of your phone alone is fantastic. You can always re-flash a stock recovery later if you feel the need.

HTH,

Lars

I just did 0) nandroid backup 1) data backup from sd card (from fat32) 2) repartition from recovery 3) restore data back to fat32

Everything else was done by MCR on first boot.

Why would you need more than 1.5GB? I have tons of stuff installed (most of it will be uninstalled when I have time to go through all the apps), and still got 900MB available.

I wouldn't need it but I'd play around with it, solve problems, install things.

For example, I'm in the USA and do volunteer weather spotting, which means I'd like to be able to get faster access to our national weather service's weather radar, instead of using paid or commercial ad-supported sites. But there's a problem, which a ton of free filesystem space may be able to solve:

If I uninstall a bunch of large things I can get about 40 MB of free space open. If I then go to radar.weather.gov, click my local station (OAX, between Iowa and Nebraska in the USA, in the unlikely event anyone's curious) you'll see a weather radar snapshot (probably base reflectivity) and some links. There's standard and enhanced versions of the site, one using Java I believe and one using animated gifs. Stay on enhanced, and click the word "Loop" to the right of "Composite Reflectivity."

When I do that, I see an applet or plugin load, I see what looks like normal loading animations for that applet, and then the applet disappears and I get some sort of greyed logo. I also find that my file space (data filesystem?) now contains only 1 or 2 MB of free space. Manage Applications shows me the Browser application now takes up most of that as data.

Go ahead and try that on your Froyo-equipped phone, see what happens. I bet it's not just me. Well I imagine it's failing because it's running out of space, and I want to see what happens when you give it far more than sufficient space.

Edited by Michael Spencer Jr.

Actually I was curious about something.

The latest Amon_RA recovery image only creates ext2 partitions, not ext3, right? I just checked and there's no mkfs.ext3 or even mkfs on my Nexus One. I imagine ext3 would be preferable both because the kitchen refers to it by name and because it offers increased protection against filesystem corruption.

So I was planning on:

0) Nandroid Backup

1) Copy SD contents to PC

2) Repartition SD with Amon_RA recovery

3) Boot unmodified Nexus One, use mkfs.ext3 to create a new filesystem. (I guess I could always get the precise blocksize from the Nexus One, use my server to mkfs.ext3 an ext3 filesystem on a flat file, gzip, send to phone, gunzip into dd and have dd write to the second partition on the SD card) Unless someone knows an easier way to get mkfs.ext3 on my phone.

4) Blah blah restore SD card files plus new kitchen rom, apply new rom, profit!

Sound good? Or does ext3 not really matter? Or does the A2SD support in the rom automatically mkfs.ext3 the new filesystem before it starts copying and I need to stop being such a nerd?

Guest sosquidtaste

Hmm, nevermind. Looks like the problem was related to the theme I flashed, not MCR21!

EDIT: Oh, yes, I forgot to offer up my most sincere thanks for everyone who makes both this and XDA forums such a powerful resource for all Androidites. Including noobs like me :)

Edited by sosquidtaste