MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest kemkem42

Hello,

Have a problem with gmail and gtalk (3G)

Just flash r21, works smooth, really nice to be froyoded :)

But...

gmail can't refresh

gtalk can't be started (back to home directly..)

I can connect to internet via browser, market is working too

What I have done :

- start from ERE27 unlocked/superboot

- flash recovery

- no wipe (maybe in cause?)

- flash r21

- reboot, play a few minutes

- flash froyo radio

- reboot

- wipe 2 times

- install applications using titanium

A bit disapointed...

Guest kemkem42
Hello,

But...

gmail can't refresh

What I have done :

- flash recovery

- flash r21

- flash froyo radio

- reboot

- wipe 2 times

A bit disapointed...

mmm seems to work now, must be an APN issue.. (SFR/france)

sorry for that !

Newbie Alert

Thanks for the warning. :)

How do i then get gmail if i use the kitchen rom??

Any help would be appreciated

What exactly do you mean? I am pretty sure that the Gmail application is part of the core ROM. If you are unsure, just take a look into the .zip file and check if it contains system/app/Gmail.apk

Edit: I just saw that you are not in the Ad-Free or Premium group, so I assume you are using one of the prebakes. The prebakes definitely contain Gmail.

Regards,

Lars

Edited by Guest

Guest jutty0069
Thanks for the warning. :)

What exactly do you mean? I am pretty sure that the Gmail application is part of the core ROM. If you are unsure, just take a look into the .zip file and check if it contains system/app/Gmail.apk

Edit: I just saw that you are not in the Ad-Free or Premium group, so I assume you are using one of the prebakes. The prebakes definitely contain Gmail.

Regards,

Lars

Thanks for the reply Lars i've never rooted or flashed my Nexus but getting temped mainly for the apps2sd as have to uninstall so much and think i will support and go add free so i can use the kitchen ( i for some reason thought that the google stuff wasnt aloud to be added my mistake )

Guest applejosh
Actually I was curious about something.

The latest Amon_RA recovery image only creates ext2 partitions, not ext3, right? I just checked and there's no mkfs.ext3 or even mkfs on my Nexus One. I imagine ext3 would be preferable both because the kitchen refers to it by name and because it offers increased protection against filesystem corruption.

So I was planning on:

0) Nandroid Backup

1) Copy SD contents to PC

2) Repartition SD with Amon_RA recovery

3) Boot unmodified Nexus One, use mkfs.ext3 to create a new filesystem. (I guess I could always get the precise blocksize from the Nexus One, use my server to mkfs.ext3 an ext3 filesystem on a flat file, gzip, send to phone, gunzip into dd and have dd write to the second partition on the SD card) Unless someone knows an easier way to get mkfs.ext3 on my phone.

4) Blah blah restore SD card files plus new kitchen rom, apply new rom, profit!

Sound good? Or does ext3 not really matter? Or does the A2SD support in the rom automatically mkfs.ext3 the new filesystem before it starts copying and I need to stop being such a nerd?

In Amon_RA, there should be menu options (in the repartition SD screen) to create an ext2 file system and then options to convert ext2 to ext3 and ext3 to ext4. At least that's how I remember it (a few weeks ago).

Guest xeeder

I want to update my radio.. I already installed FRF91. Can I update my radio afterwards?

And in the zip there is an .img and a map META-INF. What to do with that?

Can anybody tell how to update my radio please? I searched a lot, but i'm afraid to do something wrong..

Hope someone can help me. :)

Edit:

I followed these steps. But then they say:

Flash Recovery and radio.

Note: The Recovery.img & radio-4.06.00.12_7.img should NOT be on the SD Card, they should be in the current working directory.

On the command prompt you opened earlier, type in the following command:

fastboot flash recovery Recovery.img

fastboot flash radio radio-4.06.00.12_7.img

So thats why I ask the question: What to do with META-INF folder. They don't say a thing about that..?

I'm sorry for my bad english. Hope you can understand me.

Edit 2: Nvm, i just flashed Cyanogen's radio... ^^

Edited by xeeder

Guest Mag0

Does anyone know why my MMS doesn´t work on MoDaCo r21 but it works on Cyanogens CM6 nightly build. I would like to get it to work on MCR. Thanks.

Guest houstonblaney1
Actually I was curious about something.

The latest Amon_RA recovery image only creates ext2 partitions, not ext3, right? I just checked and there's no mkfs.ext3 or even mkfs on my Nexus One. I imagine ext3 would be preferable both because the kitchen refers to it by name and because it offers increased protection against filesystem corruption.

So I was planning on:

0) Nandroid Backup

1) Copy SD contents to PC

2) Repartition SD with Amon_RA recovery

3) Boot unmodified Nexus One, use mkfs.ext3 to create a new filesystem. (I guess I could always get the precise blocksize from the Nexus One, use my server to mkfs.ext3 an ext3 filesystem on a flat file, gzip, send to phone, gunzip into dd and have dd write to the second partition on the SD card) Unless someone knows an easier way to get mkfs.ext3 on my phone.

4) Blah blah restore SD card files plus new kitchen rom, apply new rom, profit!

Sound good? Or does ext3 not really matter? Or does the A2SD support in the rom automatically mkfs.ext3 the new filesystem before it starts copying and I need to stop being such a nerd?

Under "Partition sdcard" in Amon's recovery image, there's an option for "SD:ext2 to ext3". After your initial formatting of your microSD card, you will need to use the aforementioned option to upgrade the ext2 partition to ext3.

Easy as pie/cake/whatever pastry you like. I baked my ROM with A2SD+ checked, and after formatting the microSD to ext3, everything works great. I'm using Amon's v1.7.0.

Guest houstonblaney1
Hello,

But...

gmail can't refresh

What I have done :

- flash recovery

- flash r21

- flash froyo radio

- reboot

- wipe 2 times

A bit disapointed...

As per your description, you didn't wipe before flashing r21. In my experience, most issues get fixed after you wipe. Trying wiping and reflash r21.

Confused about the following though:

- reboot

- wipe 2 times

How did you wipe 2 times and install applications afterwards?

Guest markiebe

Hey guys, just downloaded and installed the ROM but I have one problem, the phone doesnt work, when I tap on the phone icon, it says the application is not installed, so I cannot make any calls. Anyone know what the issue is?

Guest Deathwish238
Hey guys, just downloaded and installed the ROM but I have one problem, the phone doesnt work, when I tap on the phone icon, it says the application is not installed, so I cannot make any calls. Anyone know what the issue is?

lol, I'ld do a full wipe and reflash. Or you could try using Dialer One.

Guest Chris 85

Hi I'm loving the ROM, definitely prefer having Froyo over the Nexus one Desire ROM, its worth giving up sense for, however I was just wondering (and sorry if this has been asked), but will we receive a 720p Camera update sometime soon, as the Desire Froyo ROM has it, and you can update a non-froyo nexus one with it on XDA forums . . . so do you think it'd be possible to incorporate it into this ROM at some point?

Thanks again Paul - really appreciate all the work you do!

Guest gizzy98

Hey all,

I had to repartition my memory card. Ive reinstalled all apps ok but I lost the MCR Startup scripts for the market place fix and I cant restore this from my titanium backup.

Does anyone know how to install this again or have an .apk or even a titanium backup they can email me so I can restore it.

Kind regards,

Adam

Guest FedericoITA
I flash this rom, but it goes in loop on boot

I am attaching the logcat hoping you can help me

thanks

solved ... fault partition formatted to ext3 and ext4

Guest yungfresh
Try flashing again, but this time cook a ROM without radio update and see if its working

I am having the same issues. I baked it with and without radio and it's still stuck at nexus one X and lock sign. Will not load. Any success from anyone? Thanks!

Guest Michael Spencer Jr.

So I've apparently caused a hilarious problem for myself. I'm fixing it myself, but I figure I should share.

As we discussed earlier, I set Apps2SD with a 2 GB ext3 partition on my 16 GB microSD card. Tons of space -- time to start filling it up!

I discovered AppBrain, which makes it very easy to tag a TON of apps from the web site and batch-install them on the phone.

A few hours later I think I have somewhere north of 150 apps on my phone. My 2 GB ext3 partition is about 35% full. Running out of things to install. Yes I am asking for trouble -- I want to see how far I can push things. It's completely ridiculous -- I touch "browser" and it offers me four programs: Browser, Skyfire, Fennec, or Dolphin HD. I see that and I think to myself, "I thought I installed Opera as well. Where's Opera?"

It's a chore just to scroll through the app list. I'm perusing the list, launching things that look interesting, and I finally reach the bottom. There's some sort of role playing game that starts with a Z. I launch it, see the splash screen, and then my phone seems to lock. After trying to tap several different screen widgets, and then the "back" or "home" soft keys, I tap the top button to turn the screen off. I wait a few seconds, tap the button again, and nothing happens. I hold the button for a bit longer, and the phone reboots. Unanimated X logo.

Except it stays on that X logo, for a half hour. Battery out, battery back in, top button, again nothing but the unanimated X logo.

I hook it up to my laptop, adb logcat. Every time I launch logcat it says busybox exited with a return code of 0, and then adb returns to the shell immediately.

OK, this is bad. All those installed apps (that I wasn't really using) gone! OK, restored from pre-A2SD Nandroid backup. Then applied the kitchen rom with apps2sd support, then rebooted with adb logcat running. As it's starting I see a ton of messages about such-and-such is a directory, already exists, already exists, etc. The phone hangs, because the apps2sd initialization script failed because my ext3 partition is not empty. *sigh*

Restored from pre-A2SD nand flash backup again. Restarted. Phone hangs? That's weird. Restarted again, whew, up and running. I need to go remove and reinstall those apps where I had used Froyo's own move-to-SD feature.

OK, one question. Can anyone remind me what is the device name for the ext3 partition on my SD card, as created by Amon's recovery? What do I manually mount at /system/sd so I can go clean it out?

Edit: Somewhere north of 150 apps? Wow. Just logged into appbrain, it says at last sync my phone had 290 apps. http://www.appbrain.com/user/mspencer/apps-on-the-phone

Edited by Michael Spencer Jr.

Guest Deathwish238

lol 290 apps is a lot as is 2GB ext3! I've never filled up my 512MB.

Weird that your phone wouldn't boot. Probably a combination of apps you downloaded? But still odd regardless. I've had little issues with this ROM, just a touch of lag in ADW Launcher sometimes that's been annoying me. I usually have about 150 apps installed that I actually want.

Guest Michael Spencer Jr.
lol 290 apps is a lot as is 2GB ext3! I've never filled up my 512MB.

Weird that your phone wouldn't boot. Probably a combination of apps you downloaded? But still odd regardless. I've had little issues with this ROM, just a touch of lag in ADW Launcher sometimes that's been annoying me. I usually have about 150 apps installed that I actually want.

Indeed. I'm going to try again, installing only apps that I might actually use. :-)

So has anyone played around with loopback encrypted filesystems? I imagine the phone's kernel only has the bare minimum support needed, probably including support for mount -o loop.

Hey Paul, are these kernels easy to build ourselves? If not, would it add too much bloat if you compiled a bunch of extra unnecessary support in as module-only, and then made the modules available for download? (Now that I finally realize it's there, the xda wiki is down. I could probably find all my answers there otherwise.)

Guest SoloMan
So I've apparently caused a hilarious problem for myself. I'm fixing it myself, but I figure I should share.

It's a chore just to scroll through the app list. I'm perusing the list, launching things that look interesting, and I finally reach the bottom. There's some sort of role playing game that starts with a Z. I launch it, see the splash screen, and then my phone seems to lock. After trying to tap several different screen widgets, and then the "back" or "home" soft keys, I tap the top button to turn the screen off. I wait a few seconds, tap the button again, and nothing happens. I hold the button for a bit longer, and the phone reboots. Unanimated X logo.

Except it stays on that X logo, for a half hour. Battery out, battery back in, top button, again nothing but the unanimated X logo.

Edit: Somewhere north of 150 apps? Wow. Just logged into appbrain, it says at last sync my phone had 290 apps. http://www.appbrain.com/user/mspencer/apps-on-the-phone

From your description of how and when the problem started (some sort of role playing game that starts with a Z), if it was Zenonia than I had similar problems (as have others) with the phone hanging and rebooting, so maybe this will give you a clue or a least a place to start investigating. I only implement the Froyo solution for app2sd so my phone rebooted without problems. Don't know if this helps at all

Edited by SoloMan

Guest pwnvds

I am having some crazy issues with my Nexus One that I think may be related to the newest ROM and/or radio image. My phone will sometimes reboot spontaneously. Other times it will freeze up, such as on the lock screen, forcing me to remove the battery. Sometimes I have to do this a few times in a row. Also, my wifi signal has mysteriously degraded to the point where I never get full wifi bars and often get just the dot, even if I'm close to an access point. This is in contrast to just before I applied the ROM (with the new radio image), when I didn't have any issues with wifi signal.

I just reflashed the radio image and upon reboot, my phone froze with the screen off and locked. I waited about ten minutes and it's still dark and will not turn on, so I will probabyl pull the battery and reboot.

I think the issues are related to the new radio image. If I want to downgrade to the stock 2.2 radio image, where is that and can I do that safely? Is anyone else having similar problems? I did note that at least two people in this thread appear to have rebooting issues.

Thanks...Also is there a rooted stock version of FRF91 that I can flash?

EDIT: it looks like the crashing/freezing/rebooting was caused by a corrupt SD card, which was fixed using Windows 7's scandisk type utility. But the weak wifi remains, even after flashing a newer radio image I found on xda...

Edited by pwnvds

Guest Cyberdelia

Yipii! r23 with FM radio working and ported Sense will arrive to our N1!! Thanks Paul!

"Cool, FM radio working in my forthcoming Froyo Sense (r23) port for Nexus One thanks to intersectraven's kernel! -- Paul"

Guest kbs24

Paul, has the HTC Sense Live Wallpaper been added to this ROM yet? I have been holding off switching to customized froyo until that is in there......silly reason I guess but I did not want to lose it.......thanks......

Guest Cyberdelia
Paul, has the HTC Sense Live Wallpaper been added to this ROM yet? I have been holding off switching to customized froyo until that is in there......silly reason I guess but I did not want to lose it.......thanks......

Too much time ago.... But I don't recommend it, 'cause it's not so smooth...