MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest kbs24
Too much time ago.... But I don't recommend it, 'cause it's not so smooth...

I know it has Live Wallpapers, but I don't see any reference to the "sense" one, you know, the one with the moving bubbles.......

Guest Michael Spencer Jr.

I've just reproduced my problem. Apparently the "Busybox Installer" on the marketplace killed my phone, which is running r21 with Apps2SD (but not Apps2SD+). This is probably what killed my phone last time.

Procedure:

Nand backup

Boot

Run busybox installer and tell it to install -- and do nothing else.

Power Off

Boot -- hangs at unanimated X logo.

Remove battery, reboot into recovery, restore from backup. Works now.

Guest kbs24

I baked a rom with the a2sd, then decided to wait until I got a larger sd card, but then accidentally installed my baked r21 rom without partitioning, instead of the default r21. NOW, fastboot is stuck on "formatting cache"; it is finished installing the update and flashing the radio, this step probably has something to do with a2sd but since I did not partition it is hanging?? I think I will have to restore and start over with the unbaked default unless anyone out there can give me some quick help.....thanks.

update 7/14.....Never mind! I interrupted the "formatting.." and rebooted, and everything seems okay.

Edited by kbs24

Guest Formel-LMS

I've got a problem with this ROM:

Many of my contact pictures are not shown on my nexus anymore.

Before FroYo it works good.

Contact Pictures are ok on Gmail.

Has anybody the same problem?

Guest djmcnz
Not really an issue in the rom, its just windows command prompt doesn't understand the characters. They work fine under ubuntu and mac os for me.. if you are using windows maybe try powershell it might cope with them.

Thanks for the reply but it is actually an issue with this rom, and this rom only. It breaks compatibility with the world's most popular operating system. And in the interests of a function that only works on a few % of all pc's world wide.

On this basis alone it should be optional.

Is there any way to disable this?

Guest cyril333

Same problem. Some pictures (not all) aren't shown on phone contacts.

Guest rugmankc

No problem here.

Tried CM6 RC1, lost browser and Adobe Flash 10.1, quickly reflashed r21.

Ken

Guest mrSHEiK124

For some reason whenever I try flashing R21 I have problems (lots of problems).

#1. Even after selecting *every* wipe from AmonRA's recovery, flashing this after using CM6 leaves a lot of my themed icons (GalaS theme) as is. The settings icon, camera, etc. Why isn't it flashing the ROM completely/properly?

#2. Metamorph = not working. No matter what. Installed busybox, gave it SU, nothing. Even a simple morph like a notification bar icon.

#3. The spontaneous black screen - I've taken my phone out of my pocket after long periods of no beeping, no vibrating, puzzled that I didn't get a GMail notification or something, and found it with a black screen, completely frozen. Stock kernel.

#4. Kitchen won't actually let you remove some things from the ROM. I unchecked Twitter, but it goes in either way. Same goes for WaveSecure, which is obnoxious if you decide not to pay for it.

Edited by mrSHEiK124

Guest cezent

Any chance we can add STK to the next release? It's such a struggle to find a ROM with working Sim ToolKit for Froyo, I think only the Desire port R23 and some AOSP ROM has that function. Would love to have it in the MCR..switching between ROM just for this one function is really annoying..

I'm of the opinion that most people who visit this forum are interested in the Desire port (I am too, and try every release).

There have been no new developments for the stock MCR since r21, so posts are elsewhere (Desire MCR, new Legend downgrade-then-root, Desire port for N1, etc). MCR r21 is pretty good as it is,I use it as my main rom due to the battery life and stability.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Guest Cyberdelia

Battery issue not so good for me... the r19 was the best according to that... But I think the r23, with FM radio, and maybe Desire port, would be better... (I think it has both)

Guest Deathwish238
I'm of the opinion that most people who visit this forum are interested in the Desire port (I am too, and try every release).

There have been no new developments for the stock MCR since r21, so posts are elsewhere (Desire MCR, new Legend downgrade-then-root, Desire port for N1, etc). MCR r21 is pretty good as it is,I use it as my main rom due to the battery life and stability.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

I'm sure we'll have a new update soon enough. I would love if we could keep things in RAM to stop LauncherPRO and ADW Launcher from lagging after not being used for a while.

Guest ogxjason15

I don't know if its anything to do with the rom, but my speed tests have been very slow ever since I flashed this rom.

Before flashing to this rom: 3200/1320 average

After flashing to this rom: 2500/350 average....

I'm using the latest radio and everything. Maybe it's just the network around my area?

Guest Deathwish238
For some reason whenever I try flashing R21 I have problems (lots of problems).

#1. Even after selecting *every* wipe from AmonRA's recovery, flashing this after using CM6 leaves a lot of my themed icons (GalaS theme) as is. The settings icon, camera, etc. Why isn't it flashing the ROM completely/properly?

#2. Metamorph = not working. No matter what. Installed busybox, gave it SU, nothing. Even a simple morph like a notification bar icon.

#3. The spontaneous black screen - I've taken my phone out of my pocket after long periods of no beeping, no vibrating, puzzled that I didn't get a GMail notification or something, and found it with a black screen, completely frozen. Stock kernel.

#4. Kitchen won't actually let you remove some things from the ROM. I unchecked Twitter, but it goes in either way. Same goes for WaveSecure, which is obnoxious if you decide not to pay for it.

Weird that the Kitchen didn't remove the unchecked apps, that's not how it's intended to be I don't think

Guest pda6162

Hi, all

I use this ROM for a long time. but right now, it said " you have new update (2.2)." When I click update, the screen said:" E:No signature (411 files) E:Verification failed. Installation aborted."

And here is my phone's information:

Android version: 2.2

Baseband version: 32.24.00.22U_4.03.00.21_2

Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-27227-g3c98b0d android-build@apa26#1

Build number: MoDaCo Custom ROM r21 for the Google Nexus One (FRF91)

Guest ChrisSpera
Hi, all

I use this ROM for a long time. but right now, it said " you have new update (2.2)." When I click update, the screen said:" E:No signature (411 files) E:Verification failed. Installation aborted."

And here is my phone's information:

Android version: 2.2

Baseband version: 32.24.00.22U_4.03.00.21_2

Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-27227-g3c98b0d android-build@apa26#1

Build number: MoDaCo Custom ROM r21 for the Google Nexus One (FRF91)

The notice for this update is for Stock, locked, non-rooted devices. What you did got rid of the update notice, so you didn't waste anything. MCR r21 is already on the FRF91 release so, its really not needed. There's nothing else you need to do related to the update notice you saw.

Guest skynetz

I downloaded and installed "r21 with default MoDaCo additions -" on my nexus 1. Is this suppose to have the HTC Desire interface? If so how do I enable it?

Thanks