MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Stea1thmode
Just tried and it works from the browser here.

Thanks for taking time out to test. Are you using the stock browser?

Ive tried stock, dolphin and opera. All telling me that the files are unsupported :(

Guest lyrikal757
Thanks for taking time out to test. Are you using the stock browser?

Ive tried stock, dolphin and opera. All telling me that the files are unsupported :(

What kind of files? im downloading mp3's fine

Guest species8472
If you downgrade your radio on Froyo, your camera will FC when you take video. Froyo's video encoding is built-in to radio.

I upgraded to Froyo without updating the radio. Is this why my phone reboots when I attempt to capture video?

Guest José Bernardo
I upgraded to Froyo without updating the radio. Is this why my phone reboots when I attempt to capture video?

I'd say yes. I had the same symptom, and fixed it by installing the rom which includes the radio. And I see no difference in signal strength or stability from the previous to froyo radio (I'm on 3 Italy).

Guest Formel-LMS

the newest FroYo Radio has some changes to the older ones with supporting Camera.

With non-FroYo you can't use the FroYo Radio, with FroYo you can't use any older Radios.

But there is still a problem with Flash. I've baked it in in kitchen and it doesn't work.

I try the tip from above with adb now and it works.

Thanks for the work-around!

Guest JackTheMan18

Does anyone else have a problem with Smooth Calendar or other widgets which display calendar info?

It just appears as blank on the screen, as if the font was no longer there.

Guest Formel-LMS

An other Problem:

does anybody use an FTP Cliebt to get an the storage of SDCard?

I am using SwiFTP on Android with Filezilla.

I can connect over WiFi to it, but can't do any action with it. No copy, no delete etc.

Has anybody an Idea?

Guest Stea1thmode
What kind of files? im downloading mp3's fine

Sorry, ill be more specific. I - meant files from modaco and xda.

I Have not tried mp3 files.

Guest browngeek

Wonder if anyone can help me.

I had flashed this with the new radio image and installed. Everything seems to be working fine, however it won't locate my wifi signal. The phone picks up loads of other signals, but not mine, very annoying!. I've rebooted my router, but no loving. Wifi does work, because I have been able to log onto other wifi signals.

BTW I had previously tried baking without the new radio image, but the screen froze on the Nexus X, so that is why I tried baking with the new radio image.

Am I missing something here?

Guest Docmjldds
You must be the only person that it works for... or even that thinks its a good solution!

I think it's a great solution and it works fine for me. You simply need to understand a few basics. Programs with widgets should stay on phone mem and not moved to SD card. Programs with widgets should be excluded in any application that is functioning as a task killer. That way you don't have your app going missing on a reboot. Follow these two simple caveats, and it takes care of 99% of the issues. I like the fact I can control moving apps fro phone to SD and vice versa at will. I like the fact that there is is a compression scheme running that actually saves space in the long run, also.

Too many users here are NOT reading the board. They moan about boot loops and frozen X animation screens, but if they would read to install without apps2sd or + version, they would avoid these installation problems. Yes, there is a slight lag on bootup with icons changing from generic to the correct installed versions. So...I can wait a few seconds for the phone to "find itself". This basically occurs if you try to push just about every app to SD.

Guest Viyu Viyullas

Great job Paul.. everithings works great for me.

But I have a problem since r14. I've lost the google maps application. If i restore the r13 from a nandbackups it works great, but in latter versions I don't have it, and i'm not able to install it form market neither.

Any options before a wipe?

And, another question.. is there any way of keeping FB associations with contacts? everytime a do a wipe i lost them...

Guest veets

Paul,

I am just about ready to upgrade my account to premium so I can use the Kitchen builds, two questions:

1. Does this have trackball wake? If so its WORTH the price alone..

2. If option 1 = no, anyway to get access to the SRC so I can look at hacking it in?

Thanks.

Guest Formel-LMS

@veets

Trackball Wake isn't implemented, BUT:

The Problem is, that AOSP hasn't the 2.2 FroYo Source Code.

So, where can you hack that it?

If you can do that it would be very great.

Guest veets
@veets

Trackball Wake isn't implemented, BUT:

The Problem is, that AOSP hasn't the 2.2 FroYo Source Code.

So, where can you hack that it?

If you can do that it would be very great.

Sorry,

I am new to the droid crowd. But does it normally take google this long to release on AOSP?

If they are pushing it out OTA then they are obligated to post the open source bits to anyone who asks (provided they own a shipping product). Now I am not suggesting we start FSF/SFLC bashing as google usually plays by the rules, just curious as to what the normal turn around time?

In my past life I worked at a large networking company as an embedded developer and we were required to post any and all open source bits before the product was approved to ship less we get a flaming from the FSF and the SFLC.

Again please ignore my ignorance in the matter as I am very green to the android community - but am seasoned as an open source cobbler

Cheers,

Guest freii

hey,

currently running this rom with HTC IME.

It shows up in the settings menu, but always the default android keyboard gets displayed.

what am i doing wrong?

Guest PeRKoniX
hey,

currently running this rom with HTC IME.

It shows up in the settings menu, but always the default android keyboard gets displayed.

what am i doing wrong?

Select and then press-and-hold on some random text/input field (like the browser address bar). Choose "Input Method" and select HTC_IME. This should work.

Guest freii
Select and then press-and-hold on some random text/input field (like the browser address bar). Choose "Input Method" and select HTC_IME. This should work.

Jeah thank you :(

Guest stepinmyworld

Hi all

I've been trying to get this resolved but nobody seems to be answering me. Is anyone else having a problem flashing Paul's new custom rom for Froyo? I am. Even when i wiped several times and did choose app to SD in the baked kitchen. Please help me out. If i missed another fix to this issue i apologize, however i haven't found it.

Guest stepinmyworld
Give a list of what you chose to install.

this is all i selected

Calculator

Email

Maps

Voice Dialer

YouTube

HTC IME

Amazon MP3

Quickoffice

Titanium Backup

WiFi Status Indicator

Include Radio Image: This option includes the new 32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.12_7 radio image as part of the update zip

Car Home

Live Wallpapers

News and Weather

Voice search

Facebook

Spare Parts

Dropbear SSH Server

Guest nexvision
this is all i selected

Calculator

Email

Maps

Voice Dialer

YouTube

HTC IME

Amazon MP3

Quickoffice

Titanium Backup

WiFi Status Indicator

Include Radio Image: This option includes the new 32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.12_7 radio image as part of the update zip

Car Home

Live Wallpapers

News and Weather

Voice search

Facebook

Spare Parts

Dropbear SSH Server

Format and repartition your whole sd. Make sure you do a EXT-3 partition and reflash. DO NOT WIPE AFTER FLASH I have been seeing alot of people doing that.

Step 1 format and partition SD

Step 2 transfer only zip to sd

Step 3 wipe everything

Step 4 flash zip

Step 5 sit back and wait