MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Formel-LMS

@veet

FroYo is not officially out.

This FroYo is a preview version for special people and Paul gets a Hand on it and share it to us.

I think it should take another or two weeks, that google give us the source code and put FroYo official out.

This here is a sneak peak (only) but it works very very good.

Guest stevenz
Hi all

I've been trying to get this resolved but nobody seems to be answering me. Is anyone else having a problem flashing Paul's new custom rom for Froyo? I am. Even when i wiped several times and did choose app to SD in the baked kitchen. Please help me out. If i missed another fix to this issue i apologize, however i haven't found it.

Define "Not working". What happens?

Have you tried the standard non-ktichen ROM?

Guest Zapote21

Same thing happened to me. I think there is an issue with the apps2sd script. Even when everything installed fine, once I rebooted, got stuck in a boot loop.

Im trying a baked version with no apps2sd to see how that works.

Guest pokediggla
Same thing happened to me. I think there is an issue with the apps2sd script. Even when everything installed fine, once I rebooted, got stuck in a boot loop.

Im trying a baked version with no apps2sd to see how that works.

Im having issues also. with either apps2sd script selected I get an infinate boot loop at the nexus screen..ddms shows hundreds of errors with something about dalvik cache not being found (i think)

with no apps2sd script i dont get past the nexus boot screen. using ddms, I only get 3 lines in the log....and of course i cant remember what they were..

give me a few and I'll recreate

-------------------update-----------------

After full wipe using 1.6.2 this is what I got using ddms:

??-?? ??:??:??.???: INFO/<unknown>(<unknown>): --------- beginning of /dev/log/main

06-02 02:36:14.779: ERROR/logwrapper(58): executing /system/xbin/busybox failed: Permission denied

06-02 02:36:14.779: INFO/logwrapper(53): /system/xbin/busybox terminated by exit(255)

tried with FULL wipe on a 100% FAT32 sdcard, and also after partitioning EXT4,swap,FAT32.

Only haveing problems with this ROM though...Stock FRF50, and rodigezstyleModacoModRom workinf fine though

Edited by pokediggla

Guest jakesankey77

I had the same problem. I ended up baking a rom 3 times and what worked for me was to include everything i wanted including A2SD+ and EXCLUDE the radio update.

Guest snotf

running r16 for about a day now, flashed it last night. meant to oc/uv it as well, but my drivers are all messed up :x

anywho. didn't have to wipe, installed over frf50(thx again paul!) and thus far everything is running smoothly. there are a few things i'd love to see included in future builds once the source drops, but as far as stability, i've yet to see any indication of issues. all in all, great work with what little you've been given to work with!

Guest stepinmyworld

do you have to partition your sd card for this? first off, i don't know how to do that and secondly, if froyo is suppose to allow apps to sd, why does your sd card have to be manually partitioned. i rooted my phone by following a video but don't want to mess up my sd card.

Guest nexvision
do you have to partition your sd card for this? first off, i don't know how to do that and secondly, if froyo is suppose to allow apps to sd, why does your sd card have to be manually partitioned. i rooted my phone by following a video but don't want to mess up my sd card.

If you have not partitioned your sd card then you cannot use apps2sd you need to choose the non-apps2sd version.

Guest stepinmyworld
If you have not partitioned your sd card then you cannot use apps2sd you need to choose the non-apps2sd version.

ok cooool thank you. I thought i wasnt suppose to choose either. smh thank u again. let me try

Guest stepinmyworld

this worked!!! i didnt include the radio because i already had it on there and i selected

A2SD

* This option adds an A2SD script to the startup process. Note that although applications are moved to SD, dalvik-cache remains in the data partition. To use A2SD, you should partition your SD card to have a FAT32 partition first, then an EXT3 partition second. If you include this option, do NOT include the A2SD+ option.

works :( thanks so much

Guest kchino

I encountered the same issue (stuck on the nexus boot screen) when trying to flash two baked roms without app2sd. Both included the froyo radio, I was coming from Paul's pre-rooted rom so the new radio was already installed. I wasn't able to successfully flash until I EXCLUDED the radio in my third bake. Same apps as the first two, again no apps2sd, the difference being the radio.

Guest stepinmyworld
I encountered the same issue (stuck on the nexus boot screen) when trying to flash two baked roms without app2sd. Both included the froyo radio, I was coming from Paul's pre-rooted rom so the new radio was already installed. I wasn't able to successfully flash until I EXCLUDED the radio in my third bake. Same apps as the first two, again no apps2sd, the difference being the radio.

see my previous post buddy :(

Guest AndyCr15
I think it's a great solution and it works fine for me. You simply need to understand a few basics. Programs with widgets should stay on phone mem and not moved to SD card. Programs with widgets should be excluded in any application that is functioning as a task killer. That way you don't have your app going missing on a reboot. Follow these two simple caveats, and it takes care of 99% of the issues. I like the fact I can control moving apps fro phone to SD and vice versa at will. I like the fact that there is is a compression scheme running that actually saves space in the long run, also.

Too many users here are NOT reading the board. They moan about boot loops and frozen X animation screens, but if they would read to install without apps2sd or + version, they would avoid these installation problems. Yes, there is a slight lag on bootup with icons changing from generic to the correct installed versions. So...I can wait a few seconds for the phone to "find itself". This basically occurs if you try to push just about every app to SD.

Yeah, I get all that... it's just still not as good an Apps2SD as Cyanogen has on his ROM's... No worrying about which apps you can move, no worry about which have widgets, it moves the WHOLE thing to the SD card, not just some of it. That's my point. I will stick with Cyanogens (or MCR's) over Googles poorer version.

Guest AndyCr15
Sorry,

I am new to the droid crowd. But does it normally take google this long to release on AOSP?

If they are pushing it out OTA then they are obligated to post the open source bits to anyone who asks (provided they own a shipping product). Now I am not suggesting we start FSF/SFLC bashing as google usually plays by the rules, just curious as to what the normal turn around time?

In my past life I worked at a large networking company as an embedded developer and we were required to post any and all open source bits before the product was approved to ship less we get a flaming from the FSF and the SFLC.

As has already been said, they haven't released it yet :( To say Google aren't quick at releasing updates is rather off, lol. They've just said they need to slow down and release just 1 a year :(

Guest SatanR1
Does anyone else have a problem with Smooth Calendar or other widgets which display calendar info?

It just appears as blank on the screen, as if the font was no longer there.

Yes I have this problem too, however I think it's simply the widget not yet supporting 2.2 .........

I was just coming to post a similar issue (stuck a boot screen) after using a baked r16. It worked fine for a couple days. Then I rebooted it and it never came up (stuck at boot screen).

I will try baking a new one without the radio as suggested. Thanks for the info everyone!

EDIT: New ROM without the radio booted right up and was able to reboot once fine also. Hope Paul can figure out the bug before finished release. Thanks to Paul and everyone again. I love these custom ROMs (waits eagerly for trackball color support) :(

Edited by egr

Guest b0unce

you really shouldn't be flashing the radio more than once anyway..

Guest kchino
you really shouldn't be flashing the radio more than once anyway..

Unless you are flashing a radio that is not intended for your device or for some reason you interrupted the radio flashing process (i.e. loss of power, etc.) there should be no reason you can't flash the same radio. There is a greater risk of bricking your device when flashing the radio image because of the dangers stated but beyond that I'm not aware of any other reasons not to. Can you clarify?

Guest Terry Choi

I have flashed this rom, It's very good for me,but I send file through bluetooth that the bluetooth device will force close...

and how can I have the chinese HTC_CIME in this rom??

Guest aiewolf
I have flashed this rom, It's very good for me,but I send file through bluetooth that the bluetooth device will force close...

and how can I have the chinese HTC_CIME in this rom??

Have you tried Rodriguezstyle @ FROYO MCR Mod V1.5 over at XDA. As you can see from the title it is based on Pauls rom.

Its very good. Bluetooth seems to work for me.

Guest aiewolf
I've also noticed that my wifi doesn't connect ...... and also the market seems very slow loading things up ?

Had the same problem. Solution for me was to force close the market, clear the cache and data from manage applications. Rebooted phone and accessed the market on 3g as opposed to wifi. Left it for 5 mins and every thing seemed fine after that.

Guest SophiaB

Whoo hoo! Just installed Froyo and so far it seems to work well! I'm restoring all my apps with Titanium right now, and ready to try the next step - Apps2SD. Before I try that, I keep reading the partition needs to be formatted in Ext-3, but mine is Ext-4. Would that be a problem? Thanks :)

Guest b0unce
Unless you are flashing a radio that is not intended for your device or for some reason you interrupted the radio flashing process (i.e. loss of power, etc.) there should be no reason you can't flash the same radio. There is a greater risk of bricking your device when flashing the radio image because of the dangers stated but beyond that I'm not aware of any other reasons not to. Can you clarify?

The greater risk of bricking your device isn't a good enough reason for you to not flash the radio over and over unnecessarily??

Guest infinixd

i went into some problems, if you messed up your flash, i recommend backing up your sdcard, format it, and flash all over again, without radio update and app2sd. everything seemed to work fine after that.

Edited by infinixd