MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest M@rcio
I just did that, and yes you can :lol: Fixed an issue I had with location not working properly, too!

I have flashed it again with the new baked flash, but I cannot found the radio app??? Does anyone can tell me where this application is located?

M@rcio

Guest linuxluver
Is anyone else having problems with r20? I am seeing many complete freezes --> need to pull battery.

I first went from FRF83 (r19) to r20 w/o wipe (baked in spare parts, Fancy Widget, dropbear ssh. No Titanium, Wavesecure, a2sd or a2sd+)

So this morning I wiped everything, install r20, then used myBackup Pro to restore all apps + data, and still seeing random phone freezes, which require a battery pull. Now I am again wiping, install r20, and will manually restore apps to see if that resolves the issues.

Anyone else see anything problematic. I have had zero issues with Paul's ROMS's since r15 or so, all upgrades have been fine. THis is the first time I have ever had to do battery pulls.

I did a complete wipe before flashing the R20. I have no issues. It's all sweet.

I've found too often the time "saved" not wiping if often wasted, with interest, dealing with the consequences of not wiping.

I always wipe.

Edited by linuxluver

Guest aiewolf
Any Help!!

I would like to do this tonite. And just flash r20 over r19. Keep existing radio 4.04.00.03_2 which has worked fine with r19. Any reason not to do that? I guess I will figure out when and how to properly flash radio on my own.

I have had some screen issues with r19 lately. A little slow and today icons were unresponsive. The power off button did not work until I played with it a few times and then did a power off/on reset. Titaniumn BackUp icon did not work at all.

On a side note, Titanium Backup backed when I set it to 5 minutes ahead manually. But, I have it set to backup at 0300 two nites a week and it does not do it. Did busybox reload and set compression to LZO, no help. Joel has no answers yet. Anyone have this problem. Want buy it, but want it to work. Haven't tried a uninstall/reinstall yet.

Thanks,

Ken

Just bake a rom with the radio in and reflash, from recovery. You will need the new radio for camera to work.

Guest rugmankc
Just bake a rom with the radio in and reflash, from recovery. You will need the new radio for camera to work.

aiewolf,

Thanks for A REPLY. I haven't joined yet till I see a good final ROM so I can't bake. Maybe I will join. Just wanted to know right way to flash radio, fastboot or from SD as a zip.

I have a bigger problem. Can't get sdk to work to see device. So, even if I wanted to flash from there I can't. If I can't get it to work I may as well go back to stock, unrooted frf85, now 91. It worked once when I rooted even though had command entry problems then.

post-725503-1278032338_thumb.jpg

post-725503-1278032410_thumb.jpg

I tried a lot like setting permission paths and redirecting fastboot to tools folder. I extracted it to tools just now. Should I just copy the zip instead.

Ken

Guest rugmankc
aiewolf,

Thanks for A REPLY. I haven't joined yet till I see a good final ROM so I can't bake. Maybe I will join. Just wanted to know right way to flash radio, fastboot or from SD as a zip.

I have a bigger problem. Can't get sdk to work to see device. So, even if I wanted to flash from there I can't. If I can't get it to work I may as well go back to stock, unrooted frf85, now 91. It worked once when I rooted even though had command entry problems then.

post-725503-1278032338_thumb.jpg

post-725503-1278032410_thumb.jpg

I tried a lot like setting permission paths and redirecting fastboot to tools folder. I extracted it to tools just now. Should I just copy the zip instead.

Ken

1. OK, I got the sdk to recognize my phone, tried to flash radio, came back unable to load radio. I copied the radio zip to the tools folders. Do you do that or extract it and/or just put the img file there.

2. Would like to get this to work so I can learn and do things right.

3. If I decide to wipe before flashing r20 will it wipe radio, so I would reflash radio and the r20. From sd or command shell.

4. If I join and bake r20 with radio, do I check all the items I want like maps etc. Won't these be there when I do a Titanium restore. Or do I need to flash gapps after r20 baked is flashed.

5. When baking do you HAVE to wipe and flash thru fastboot and command shell. And flash gapps for market.

Ken

Guest mrquicknet
anyone else use yelp and/or weatherbug elite??

keeps FC on me =/

I use Weatherbug Elite and haven't had problems.

Guest Batkoto
This was done with the radio zip downloaded from first page and copied as is to sdk/tools

post-725503-1278038892_thumb.jpg

You are forgetting FLASH

fastboot flash radio radio-32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.12_7.img

Edited by Batkoto

Guest rugmankc

Batkoto,

Thanks for helping. Actually I should not have copied that picture, I have been typing it just as you did.

I downloaded zip from first page "update-nexusone-radio-32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.12_7-signed"

I have copied it as is to sdk\tools, extracted it to tools, and extracted and copied just .img file, nothing works.

My phone is seen by command shell and on the fastboot usb screen on phone

I am lost. If I can learn how to properly download and flash these zips I am home free. No problem flashing AMON.

Ken

Guest Batkoto
Batkoto,

Thanks for helping. Actually I should not have copied that picture, I have been typing it just as you did.

I downloaded zip from first page "update-nexusone-radio-32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.12_7-signed"

I have copied it as is to sdk\tools, extracted it to tools, and extracted and copied just .img file, nothing works.

My phone is seen by command shell and on the fastboot usb screen on phone

I am lost. If I can learn how to properly download and flash these zips I am home free. No problem flashing AMON.

Ken

Try one thing, rename the radio img file to radio.img

reboot in fastboot and check once again the connection by typing fastboot devices, this should list your device

then try again with: fastboot flash radio radio.img

P.S. whats your current radio?

Edited by Batkoto

Guest Batkoto
do I copy the whole download zip to tools or unzip it to C: and copy it or just the radio image to tools

ken

Copy only *.img file into tools folder

I have flashed it again with the new baked flash, but I cannot found the radio app??? Does anyone can tell me where this application is located?

It's not a radio application, it's the firmware that controls the radios (GSM, 3G, wifi, gps antennas). That's why it's recommended with the update, because they're critical phone parts used by a lot of apps so it allows the apps to work properly when they have the proper radio firmware.

Guest rugmankc

Did it no go

post-725503-1278045831_thumb.jpg

I extracted dl zip to C: then copied just the img file to tools and renamed radio.img

Edited by rugmankc

Guest Batkoto
Did it no go

post-725503-1278045831_thumb.jpg

I extracted dl zip to C: then copied just the img file to tools and renamed radio.img

Hmmm, strange ....

Maybe you should get yourself access to the kitchen and cook ROM including the radio image.

And answer to your question, in the kitchen you need to tick everything you want to be included in the ROM

Guest rugmankc

I can do that after joining, wanted to resolve this or I may never be able to flash thru fastboot.

How do you flash a kithcen ROM, thru fastboot or the sd card. Do you wipe first if thru fastboot.

What about gapps for market, I think there is a new one, but can't find dl.

Ken

Guest Batkoto
I can do that after joining, wanted to resolve this or I may never be able to flash thru fastboot.

How do you flash a kithcen ROM, thru fastboot or the sd card. Do you wipe first if thru fastboot.

What about gapps for market, I think there is a new one, but can't find dl.

Ken

To flash custom roms you need custom recovery and you flash through the custom recovery

Guest rugmankc
To flash custom roms you need custom recovery and you flash through the custom recovery

Sorry for my ignorance. By that you mean dl and copy to sd and rename to update and flash.

That way I know no wipe and no need for gapps.

Right

Ken

Guest rugmankc
Sorry for my ignorance. By that you mean dl and copy to sd and rename to update and flash.

That way I know no wipe and no need for gapps.

Right

Ken

OK!!!!!!!

First Bake. I baked r20 with radio, all apps and settings from r19 maintained.

Hopefully when I need to flash thru fastboot, it will work. Flashing AMON worked when I rooted, not sure why I couldn't flash radio.

Ken

Edited by rugmankc

Guest imfloflo

Hey Paul

Can you add a little settings, which show us how approximately free memory we will have with this rom?

Thanks

F.