Did anyone successfully built Android from sources?

Guest Auxx

Guest g4rb4g3

I made the prelink-linux-arm.map, don't know if everything is right but i guess so :(

The libs are from the stream dump.

# core system libraries

libdl.so				0x6ff00000

libc.so				 0x6fe00000

libstdc++.so			0x6fd00000

libm.so				 0x6fc00000

liblog.so			   0x6fbc0000

libcutils.so			0x6fb00000

libthread_db.so		 0x6fa00000

libz.so				 0x6f900000

libssl.so			   0x6f700000

libcrypto.so			0x6f500000

libsysutils.so		  0x6f400000

# bluetooth

liba2dp.so			  0x6ee00000

libbluetoothd.so		0x6eb00000

libbluedroid.so		 0x6ea00000

libbluetooth.so		 0x6e900000

libdbus.so			  0x6e800000

# extended system libraries

libril.so			   0x6e400000

libreference-ril.so	 0x6e000000

libwpa_client.so		0x6dc00000

libnetutils.so		  0x6db00000

# core dalvik runtime support

libandroid_servers.so   0x6d900000

libicuuc.so			 0x6d500000

libicui18n.so		   0x6d400000

libandroid_runtime.so   0x6d300000

libnativehelper.so	  0x6d200000

libdvm.so			   0x6d000000

# graphics

libpixelflinger.so	  0x6cf00000

libsurfaceflinger.so	0x6cd00000

libGLESv1_CM.so		 0x6cb00000

libGLESv2.so			0x6ca00000

libEGL.so			   0x6c700000

libacc.so			   0x6c600000

libexif.so			  0x6c500000

libui.so				0x6c400000

libskia.so			  0x6c000000

librs_jni.so			0x6bf00000

libRS.so				0x6b900000

# audio

libaudiopolicy.so	   0x6b880000

libaudiopolicygeneric.so 0x6b800000

libsoundpool.so		 0x6b780000

libaudio.so			 0x6b700000

libsonivox.so		   0x6b500000

libvorbisidec.so		0x6b400000

libmedia_jni.so		 0x6b300000

libmediaplayerservice.so 0x6b280000

libmedia.so			 0x6b200000

libFFTEm.so			 0x6b100000

libaudioflinger.so	  0x6b000000

# assorted system libraries

libsqlite.so			0x6ac00000

libexpat.so			 0x6ab00000

libwebcore.so		   0x6a000000

libbinder.so			0x69d80000

libutils.so			 0x69d00000

libcameraservice.so	 0x69c80000

libhardware.so		  0x69c70000

libhardware_legacy.so   0x69c00000

libsystem_server.so	 0x69a00000

libcamera.so			0x69680000

liboemcamera.so		 0x69400000

# pv libraries

libomx_sharedlibrary.so		0x67ba0000

libopencore_download.so		0x67b40000

libopencore_downloadreg.so	 0x67b00000

libopencore_net_support.so	 0x67a00000

libopencore_rtsp.so			0x67900000

libopencore_rtspreg.so		 0x67890000

libopencore_author.so		  0x67800000

libomx_aacdec_sharedlibrary.so 0x67700000

libomx_amrdec_sharedlibrary.so 0x676a0000

libomx_amrenc_sharedlibrary.so 0x67680000

libomx_avcdec_sharedlibrary.so 0x67660000

libomx_m4vdec_sharedlibrary.so 0x675c0000

libomx_mp3dec_sharedlibrary.so 0x67450000

libopencore_mp4local.so		0x67400000

libopencore_mp4localreg.so	 0x67300000

libopencore_player.so		  0x67000000

# opencore hardware support

libopencorehw.so			  0x66f50000

# pv libraries

libopencore_common.so		 0x66000000

libqcomm_omx.so			   0x65a00000

# libraries for specific apps or temporary libraries

libwbxml_jni.so		 0x5e400000

libxml2wbxml.so		 0x5e000000

libaes.so			   0x5dc00000

libdrm1.so			  0x5d800000

libdrm1_jni.so		  0x5d400000

libctest.so			 0x5a700000

librpc.so			   0x5a400000

libsrec_jni.so		  0x5a200000
Now open original prelink map (make a backup!), copy its contents to empty text file, in this new text file remove comments and base addresses, leave only lib names. Put a new line at top with full path to isprelinked and merge all lib names into single line with spaces between. You should have text file with one line looking like this:
~/mydroid/out/host/tools/isprelinked libdl.so libc.so libstdc++.so
This line will be very long (: Now go back into console, cd ~/acer-libs and run this BIG line. It will fail (: Because this list has some libs which Acer does not have. It will fail WITHOUT telling which lib is missing. But you will see base addr of previous lib. So find all unneeded libs and remove them from command line. Hell of a work, actually.
I used:
isprelinked *.so

I think it's the same result but less work.

Edited by g4rb4g3

Guest m4ss

Any news with some app/bin/rom builded from sources with these metod ? :(

are you waiting the source of froyo for doing the "hard job" ?

Guest Auxx
I made the prelink-linux-arm.map, don't know if everything is right but i guess so :(

I used:

isprelinked *.so

I think it's the same result but less work.

Thanks! I did not know it is possible to use *.so (: Addresses are just like mine, sorry I did not post map - I couldn't use my PC for a few days - I'm migrating to new house...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ertaquo

Can anybody write instruction how to build Liquid ROM? I downloaded and compiled Android source, but i don't know what to do more.

Guest koudelka

from what I have heard the Froyo sources should be out today, I have tried to look through their git repository but I am not familiar with their structure. can anyone confirm?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest koudelka

Have anyone managed to build android from source for our liquid yet? would it be possible to build with phhusson's kernel as TARGET_PREBUILT_KERNEL? I am still trying to learn the build system, and how to structure the make files. If anyone has managed to build it I would love to see the make files

Guest Vishal Arya

do we have a working aosp , i have also been playing around with acer and android source.

i am able to compile acer kernal and create zImage

i was able to compile wlan code using acer kernel to create wlan.ko file

i am trying to get the aosp build for liquid in a similar way that it does for desire or passion dev phones and i am currently stuck at below error and looking for some pointers on how to overcome this issue

----------------------

target Executable: mediaserver (out/target/product/liquid/obj/EXECUTABLES/mediaserver_intermediates/LINKED/mediaserver)

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::KEY_GPS_LATITUDE_REF'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::KEY_ISO_MODE'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::KEY_MAX_SHARPNESS'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::LENSSHADE_ENABLE'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::ISO_AUTO'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::Overlay::setFd(int)'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::ISO_HJR'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::ISO_100'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::KEY_GPS_STATUS'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::KEY_SATURATION'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::KEY_GPS_ALTITUDE_REF'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::KEY_SHARPNESS'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::ISO_800'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::LENSSHADE_DISABLE'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::KEY_LENSSHADE'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::ISO_200'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::KEY_CONTRAST'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::AUTO_EXPOSURE_FRAME_AVG'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::KEY_GPS_LONGITUDE_REF'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::KEY_EXIF_DATETIME'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::KEY_SUPPORTED_LENSSHADE_MODES'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::ISO_400'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::FOCUS_MODE_NORMAL'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::AUTO_EXPOSURE_CENTER_WEIGHTED'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::PIXEL_FORMAT_RAW'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::KEY_MAX_CONTRAST'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::AUTO_EXPOSURE_SPOT_METERING'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::KEY_MAX_SATURATION'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::KEY_SUPPORTED_ISO_MODES'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::KEY_SUPPORTED_AUTO_EXPOSURE'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::KEY_AUTO_EXPOSURE'

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [out/target/product/liquid/obj/EXECUTABLES/mediaserver_intermediates/LINKED/mediaserver] Error 1

make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

compile the Main_*.java files

dxconverter test suite sucessfully built!

intermediate Main_*.java files (for stacktrace analysis) can be found under out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/dx-tests_intermediates/mainfiles

Guest xaueious

Is there an experimental libwebcore webkitv8 with animated gif support we could try out soon?

I'm tempted to try the info in this thread sometime... But I'm new to building libs if I want to even attempt to...

Edit:

I hope your prelink is not wrong. I am trying to build webkit. It takes a while.

Edited by xaueious

Guest koudelka
do we have a working aosp , i have also been playing around with acer and android source.

i am able to compile acer kernal and create zImage

i was able to compile wlan code using acer kernel to create wlan.ko file

i am trying to get the aosp build for liquid in a similar way that it does for desire or passion dev phones and i am currently stuck at below error and looking for some pointers on how to overcome this issue

----------------------

target Executable: mediaserver (out/target/product/liquid/obj/EXECUTABLES/mediaserver_intermediates/LINKED/mediaserver)

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::KEY_GPS_LATITUDE_REF'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::KEY_ISO_MODE'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::KEY_MAX_SHARPNESS'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::LENSSHADE_ENABLE'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::ISO_AUTO'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::Overlay::setFd(int)'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::ISO_HJR'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::ISO_100'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::KEY_GPS_STATUS'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::KEY_SATURATION'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::KEY_GPS_ALTITUDE_REF'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::KEY_SHARPNESS'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::ISO_800'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::LENSSHADE_DISABLE'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::KEY_LENSSHADE'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::ISO_200'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::KEY_CONTRAST'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::AUTO_EXPOSURE_FRAME_AVG'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::KEY_GPS_LONGITUDE_REF'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::KEY_EXIF_DATETIME'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::KEY_SUPPORTED_LENSSHADE_MODES'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::ISO_400'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::FOCUS_MODE_NORMAL'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::AUTO_EXPOSURE_CENTER_WEIGHTED'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::PIXEL_FORMAT_RAW'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::KEY_MAX_CONTRAST'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::AUTO_EXPOSURE_SPOT_METERING'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::KEY_MAX_SATURATION'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::KEY_SUPPORTED_ISO_MODES'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::KEY_SUPPORTED_AUTO_EXPOSURE'

out/target/product/liquid/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::KEY_AUTO_EXPOSURE'

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [out/target/product/liquid/obj/EXECUTABLES/mediaserver_intermediates/LINKED/mediaserver] Error 1

make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

compile the Main_*.java files

dxconverter test suite sucessfully built!

intermediate Main_*.java files (for stacktrace analysis) can be found under out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/dx-tests_intermediates/mainfiles

you are building using prelinkmap from liquid? also are you using the code from source.android.com? I am interested to hear if anyone has built all of android using prelinkmap compatible with acer official rom

Guest xaueious

Prelink Map libs:

libdl.so libc.so libstdc++.so libm.so liblog.so libcutils.so libthread_db.so libz.so libssl.so libcrypto.so libsysutils.so liba2dp.so libbluetoothd.so libbluedroid.so libbluetooth.so libdbus.so libril.so libreference-ril.so libwpa_client.so libnetutils.so libandroid_servers.so libicuuc.so libicui18n.so libandroid_runtime.so libnativehelper.so libdvm.so libpixelflinger.so libsurfaceflinger.so libGLESv1_CM.so libGLESv2.so libEGL.so libacc.so libexif.so libui.so libskia.so librs_jni.so libRS.so libaudiopolicy.so libaudiopolicygeneric.so libsoundpool.so libaudio.so libsonivox.so libvorbisidec.so libmedia_jni.so libmediaplayerservice.so libmedia.so libFFTEm.so libaudioflinger.so libsqlite.so libexpat.so libwebcore.so libbinder.so libutils.so libcameraservice.so libhardware.so libhardware_legacy.so libsystem_server.so libcamera.so liboemcamera.so libomx_sharedlibrary.so libopencore_download.so libopencore_downloadreg.so libopencore_net_support.so libopencore_rtsp.so libopencore_rtspreg.so libopencore_author.so libomx_aacdec_sharedlibrary.so libomx_amrdec_sharedlibrary.so libomx_amrenc_sharedlibrary.so libomx_avcdec_sharedlibrary.so libomx_m4vdec_sharedlibrary.so libomx_mp3dec_sharedlibrary.so libopencore_mp4local.so libopencore_mp4localreg.so libopencore_player.so libopencorehw.so libopencore_common.so libqcomm_omx.so libwbxml_jni.so libxml2wbxml.so libaes.so libdrm1.so libdrm1_jni.so libctest.so librpc.so libsrec_jni.so
I can't get libdvm to work either on LCR, is the prelink map different somehow? LCR Libs:
libomx_m4vdec_sharedlibrary.so libomx_mp3dec_sharedlibrary.so liba2dp.so libacc.so libaes.so libomx_sharedlibrary.so libandroid_runtime.so libandroid_servers.so libopencore_author.so libopencore_common.so libaudioflinger.so libopencore_downloadreg.so libaudiopolicygeneric.so libopencore_download.so libaudiopolicy.so libopencorehw.so libaudio.so libopencore_mp4localreg.so libopencore_mp4local.so libbinder.so libopencore_net_support.so libbluedroid.so libopencore_player.so libbluetoothd.so libopencore_rtspreg.so libbluetooth.so libopencore_rtsp.so libcameraservice.so libcamera.so libcrypto.so libc.so libpixelflinger.so libctest.so libpng.so libcutils.so libqcomm_omx.so libdbus.so libdl.so libreference-ril.so libdrm1_jni.so libdrm1.so libril.so librpc.so libdvm.so librs_jni.so libRS.so libEGL.so libskia.so libexif.so libsonivox.so libexpat.so libsoundpool.so libFFTEm.so libsqlite.so libsrec_jni.so libfuse.so libssl.so libGLESv1_CM.so libGLESv2.so libstdc++.so libsurfaceflinger.so libsystem_server.so libsysutils.so libhardware_legacy.so libhardware.so libthread_db.so libicui18n.so libicuuc.so libutils.so liblog.so libmedia_jni.so libmediaplayerservice.so libmedia.so libm.so libvorbisidec.so libnativehelper.so libnetutils.so liboemcamera.so libomx_aacdec_sharedlibrary.so libwbxml_jni.so libwebcore.so libomx_amrdec_sharedlibrary.so libwms.so libomx_amrenc_sharedlibrary.so libwpa_client.so libomx_avcdec_sharedlibrary.so libxml2wbxml.so libz.so
Output of LCR libs:
libomx_m4vdec_sharedlibrary.so: 0x675c0000

libomx_mp3dec_sharedlibrary.so: 0x67450000

liba2dp.so: 0x6ee00000

libacc.so: 0x6c600000

libaes.so: 0x5dc00000

libomx_sharedlibrary.so: 0x67ba0000

libandroid_runtime.so: 0x6d300000

libandroid_servers.so: 0x6d900000

libopencore_author.so: 0x67800000

libopencore_common.so: 0x66000000

libaudioflinger.so: 0x6b000000

libopencore_downloadreg.so: 0x67b00000

libaudiopolicygeneric.so: 0x6b800000

libopencore_download.so: 0x67b40000

libaudiopolicy.so: 0x6b880000

libopencorehw.so: 0x66f50000

libaudio.so: 0x6b700000

libopencore_mp4localreg.so: 0x67300000

libopencore_mp4local.so: 0x67400000

libbinder.so: 0x69d80000

libopencore_net_support.so: 0x67a00000

libbluedroid.so: 0x6ea00000

libopencore_player.so: 0x67000000

libbluetoothd.so: 0x6eb00000

libopencore_rtspreg.so: 0x67890000

libbluetooth.so: 0x6e900000

libopencore_rtsp.so: 0x67900000

libcameraservice.so: 0x69c80000

libcamera.so: 0x69680000

libcrypto.so: 0x6f500000

libc.so: 0x6fe00000

libpixelflinger.so: 0x6cf00000

libctest.so: 0x5a700000

libpng.so: not prelinked

libcutils.so: 0x6fb00000

libqcomm_omx.so: 0x65a00000

libdbus.so: 0x6e800000

libdl.so: 0x6ff00000

libreference-ril.so: 0x6e000000

libdrm1_jni.so: 0x5d400000

libdrm1.so: 0x5d800000

libril.so: 0x6e400000

librpc.so: 0x5a400000

libdvm.so: 0x6d000000

librs_jni.so: 0x6bf00000

libRS.so: 0x6b900000

libEGL.so: 0x6c700000

libskia.so: 0x6c000000

libexif.so: 0x6c500000

libsonivox.so: 0x6b500000

libexpat.so: 0x6ab00000

libsoundpool.so: 0x6b780000

libFFTEm.so: 0x6b100000

libsqlite.so: 0x6ac00000

libsrec_jni.so: 0x5a200000

libfuse.so: not prelinked

libssl.so: 0x6f700000

libGLESv1_CM.so: 0x6cb00000

libGLESv2.so: 0x6ca00000

libstdc++.so: 0x6fd00000

libsurfaceflinger.so: 0x6cd00000

libsystem_server.so: 0x69a00000

libsysutils.so: 0x6f400000

libhardware_legacy.so: 0x69c00000

libhardware.so: 0x69c70000

libthread_db.so: 0x6fa00000

libicui18n.so: 0x6d400000

libicuuc.so: 0x6d500000

libutils.so: 0x69d00000

liblog.so: 0x6fbc0000

libmedia_jni.so: 0x6b300000

libmediaplayerservice.so: 0x6b280000

libmedia.so: 0x6b200000

libm.so: 0x6fc00000

libvorbisidec.so: 0x6b400000

libnativehelper.so: 0x6d200000

libnetutils.so: 0x6db00000

liboemcamera.so: 0x69400000

libomx_aacdec_sharedlibrary.so: 0x67700000

libwbxml_jni.so: 0x5e400000

libwebcore.so: 0x6a000000

libomx_amrdec_sharedlibrary.so: 0x676a0000

libwms.so: not prelinked

libomx_amrenc_sharedlibrary.so: 0x67680000

libwpa_client.so: 0x6dc00000

libomx_avcdec_sharedlibrary.so: 0x67660000

libxml2wbxml.so: 0x5e000000

libz.so: 0x6f900000

Edited by xaueious

Guest koudelka
I can't get libdvm to work either on LCR, is the prelink map different somehow?

which source are you trying to compile? 2.2? and from where?. also, this is the prelinkmap that acer used for 2.1 rom https://www.codeaurora.org/gitweb/quic/la/?...s/eclair_coffee

phh said he believed they must have used eclair_coffee branch for their build (it is also the kernel source they released)

Edited by koudelka

Guest xaueious

Nvm it works but something else is wrong. Need to experiment...

I someone compiled it wrong and Linpack scores were consistently lower though :(

Edited by xaueious

• 6 months later...
Guest xaueious

Just to note, I believe this guide applies for compiling AOSP for the Huawei Ideos S7 as well.

Prelink for libwebcore returned the same address.

I was able to push LCR 1.8.2 libwebcore.so to the device and retained full functionality, and the benefit of animated GIF + v8 webkit

Edited by xaueious