2.1 for U8230

Guest angryland

Guest david_dawkins
It would seem based on this release that a t-mob 2.1 can't be that far away. If that is the case there is no point flashing any other UPDATA updates and taking the risk of messing up our phones! What these releases are good for though is creating vanilla roms once (/if) we have the official t-mob update

Wise words, wise words. Pity they'll go unheeded :(

Guest skrattinn

damn... The phone always failing in update, the screen works, with the new firmware, but i cant go through the setup menu

I

Guest Hectic
damn... The phone always failing in update, the screen works, with the new firmware, but i cant go through the setup menu

I

me2...

Guest Simon O

You need to extract the updata.app and create your own update.zip to install this. For me everything works apart from wi-fi.

Guest ogiogi
You need to extract the updata.app and create your own update.zip to install this. For me everything works apart from wi-fi.

WOW. Do you get FC or reboots. Post some screens MAN :(

Guest Hectic

You need the bigbear&paul-r6.1.zip/system/wifi files to run your wifi

Guest JingleManSweep

I've unpacked the UPDATA.APP, but I cannot unpack the "system.img" contained within it. The "unyaffs" command simply says "broken image file".

Any ideas?

Guest ozren

I can split it with perl and I get all the files that were supposed to be there but .txt files are uhnreadable...meaning notepad opens them but it is just a bunch of symbols. What did I do wrong now :(?

Guest eckengucker1
I can split it with perl and I get all the files that were supposed to be there but .txt files are uhnreadable...meaning notepad opens them but it is just a bunch of symbols. What did I do wrong now :(?

open with hex editor.

Guest Tom G
I've unpacked the UPDATA.APP, but I cannot unpack the "system.img" contained within it. The "unyaffs" command simply says "broken image file".

Any ideas?

The unpack script expects the files in UPDATA to be it a certain order and names them based on that order. The order has changed in this UPDATA, so the script doesn't name them correctly. You need to find which one is the system image.

PS. Its the big one. File 18.

Guest JingleManSweep

All unpacked. The older ROMs had a "system" and a "data" directory. Does this "UPDATA.APP" have a file for that? I tried "userdata.img" but that looks like CD-ROM stuff.

Guest Hectic
All unpacked. The older ROMs had a "system" and a "data" directory. Does this "UPDATA.APP" have a file for that? I tried "userdata.img" but that looks like CD-ROM stuff.

when you paste the unyaffs.exe into the output directory you type

type in cmd

C:\>unyaffs file18.mbn

Guest McSpoon

The userdata.img file is the data partition (at least I think it is, it looks very likely to be). It's almost empty so it can most likely be ignored - just wipe the data partition instead. I think the CDROM part is automatically run by your PC when you connect the phone via USB.

Guest MarcusHenrique

Cmon' guys, as always I'm at work! Those who has it running tell me more about it! And an upload of an update.zip will be muchly appreciated =D

Guest McSpoon
is there a qway to pack the system directory back into a system.img

Instead you could repackage it up as an update.zip ROM, like Paul does.

But you need to take care to preserve the file userIDs and groupIDs so it's best to unyaffs it as superuser. And you also need to delete all of the symbolic links and recreate them in the update-script. There is a tool in the Android AOSP called make-update-script which can help with that to some extent.

Edit: However, there is a small problem: the partition layout is different for Android 2.1.

Currently we have a system partition of 80MB. If you were to install this updata.app it would resize that system partition to be something like 125MB. But we can't make that modification in an update.zip ROM. So our update.zip ROM would have to squeeze everything within 80MB (although we could use symbolic links to move some stuff to the data partition, like the Paul/Bobo Android 2.1 ROM).

Edited by McSpoon

Guest Jan M
Cmon' guys, as always I'm at work! Those who has it running tell me more about it! And an upload of an update.zip will be muchly appreciated =D

working on this special day? :(

Guest skrattinn

Could someone change this file for u8230, so it is possible to load it from root? (I don't understand this hex and perl script) :(

Guest Tom G
The userdata.img file is the data partition (at least I think it is, it looks very likely to be). It's almost empty so it can most likely be ignored - just wipe the data partition instead. I think the CDROM part is automatically run by your PC when you connect the phone via USB.

The boot img gets stuck in a loop if the autorun.iso is missing. I'm not sure why cause I've commented out everything in init.rc related to the iso.

Guest McSpoon
The boot img gets stuck in a loop if the autorun.iso is missing. I'm not sure why cause I've commented out everything in init.rc related to the iso.

Bizarre. I wonder if those modules in the data_test folder are required too.

Guest joanorsky

One question... (yes.. i'm a lil stumped now.. eheheh)... will this work on the TMN A1? Also.. what languages does this have? (i don't know if language packs are flashed by this or not)