2.1 for U8230

Guest angryland

Guest Jan M
Do you think U8220 users will be able to flash this if we have already flashed the Hungary T-Mobile Pulse 2.1 update? Or is the /system partition still too small?

still too small...shouldn't be hard to shrink this a bit though...

Guest Wotix
touchscreen isn't working? did you install any updates previously?

Yes, touchscreen working perfect, also I installed U8230 V100R001C00B263(Lithuanian MTTC) about week ago. Could you solve my problem? :(

Guest Jan M
Yes, touchscreen working perfect, also I installed U8230 V100R001C00B263(Lithuanian MTTC) about week ago. Could you solve my problem? :(

what exactly is your problem?

Guest joanorsky

DISCLAIMER - PLEASE READ THIS

Please keep in mind that i have only tested this on U8230 from PT TMN.

This phone is not the same as regular U8230! It has a lot more RAM/ROM than the base version... this being said... people that are not from this stock ROM origin or from PT should not try this. If you do.. please keep in mind that you can damage your firmware for a while until a repair solution comes along.

Guest Hectic
Ou s*** my Huawei U8230 stoped at 70-90% what should I do?

wich version did u have before?

root comes tomorow, i have no time yet. :(

Guest Wotix

My problem is here in video. Youtube . This is U8230 V100R001C123B819SP01(Swi tzerland Sunrise) ROM updated from 1.5 U8230 V100R001C00B263 (Lithuan ian MTTC) ROM. Also then I updated, my phone stoped at about 85% and showed ''Update failed'' I removed battery and insterted again, my system started, but I can't fully set up my phone like in video. (I tried reinstall ROM agin and agin but they stopped at about 85%. Please solve my problem together. :(

Edited by Wotix

Guest UrbanRider
My problem is here in video. Youtube . This is U8230 V100R001C123B819SP01(Swi tzerland Sunrise) ROM updated from 1.5 U8230 V100R001C00B263 (Lithuan ian MTTC) ROM. Also then I updated, my phone stoped at about 85% and showed ''Update failed'' I removed battery and insterted again, my system started, but I can't fully set up my phone like in video. (I tried reinstall ROM agin and agin but they stopped at about 85%. Please solve my problem together. :(

You can try the TMN A1 1.5 rom, root it, then the Swiss 2.1

Guest Wotix
You can try the TMN A1 1.5 rom, root it, then the Swiss 2.1

But it's 1.5 version of android. Somewhere I find that 2.1 can't be updated to 1.5. (Also my phone never be rooted.)

EDIT: I'll tried, but phone showing''Update failed''

Edited by Wotix

Guest Hectic
Moving lib isn't enough. I initially moved lib and media, but then ran out of space on /data at first boot (its generates a heap of stuff for things like dalvik-cache).

Move lib to /data

Delete /data/cdrom/autorun.iso

Delete apps from /system/app until you get system down under 85MB. I deleted things like roadsync that I knew I wouldn't want.

My rom is currently uploading. ETA is 15 minutes so I will wait for it to finish and post the link.

Upload complete

Link

So I uploaded it to rapidshare, and it looks like it can only be downloaded 10 times. If there is any interest I will upload a mirror somewhere else tomorrow or someone else can mirror it.

It is partition images, not an update.zip, so install it with fastboot

fastboot flash boot boot.img

fastboot flash system system.img

fastboot flash userdata data.img
It has the changes mention above plus rooted, additional default apns, busybox.
I havent much time, so i make it short! @all with the U8230 V100R001C75B268(Portugal TMN) (or B263)! You need to Update the new 2.1, when it fails dont worry!! Download that Link in Quote, but(!) you only need the system.img and the data.img. then Fastboot (You need the new Fastbootloader! You get it when you Fail the Firmwareupdate, pic at the end). Now you need the new boot.img too this is in the Attached File below!

I root it when i have more time :( Hope it helps.

Cheers guys!

boot.img

post-701671-1275079430_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hectic

Guest Wotix
I havent much time, so i make it short!

@all with the U8230 V100R001C75B268(Portugal TMN) (or B263)!

You need to Update the new 2.1, when it fails dont worry!!

Download that Link in Quote, but(!) you only need the system.img and the data.img.

then Fastboot (You need the new Fastbootloader! You get it when you Fail the Firmwareupdate, pic at the end).

Now you need the new boot.img too this is in the Attached File below!

I root it when i have more time :( Hope it helps.

Cheers guys!

Man what should I do with theses .img files? (I'm new in android, sorry) :(

Edited by Wotix

Guest Hectic
Man what should I do with theses .img files? (I'm new in android, sorry) :(

Shut your phone down, go into the Bootloader (Volume down + Endcall + Power on) put it on USB

go in CMD (C:\pathtoandroidsdk\) and then type that code in.

has anyone othe problems with usb @ win7 ?

Guest mr.a
Can someone upload the weather/clock app :(

is this weather/clock included in the rom ???

PLEASE PLEASE could someone upload it and maybe also the music player :(

Guest mr.a

BTW does this rom work on the U8220 (T-mobile pulse) ??

And how should we install this on pulse if we already have the hungarian update applied?

Can some make an update.zip with this???

Edited by mr.a

Guest Wotix
Shut your phone down, go into the Bootloader (Volume down + Endcall + Power on) put it on USB

go in CMD (C:\pathtoandroidsdk\) and then type that code in.

has anyone othe problems with usb @ win7 ?

Man could you make sort video how to do that? I understand from your post, where I should take boot.img and other's .img files ? (Please) I'll need my phone now because I have to leave tomorrow to the other country and my phone is only one navigation. (Please man) :( :(

Or make inctruction's step by step. :o

Edited by Wotix

Guest Wotix
Read this thread, i wrote it 3 times in here -.-

I'll conected my phone in bootloader to PC, (also I insatlled Pulse_2.1_XP_Drivers) and PC is showing that. Any ideas?

post-707247-1275132473_thumb.jpg

post-707247-1275132866_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wotix

Guest cooldfuzion
Ok.. i have tested it well now! It seemed a little slow but i just didn't wiped the cache on recovery menu. So .. remember.. after flashing you'll need to wipe it all at recovery menu. :(

Now it works great.. actually fast.

I managed to have about 130MB to 14xMB free on RAM. With correct software like auto-kill you can even make it work smoother..

The flash has almost full support in Portuguese so.. my thumb is up on this one (i say "almost" cause i have not checked it 100% yet).

The only thing i think haven't tested yet is the data support on 3G and 2G connections.. but that is just because i had not inserted the APN's.. so my guess is that is working well as well.

Call's, Vibration, Menus, Smoothness is ok by me.. but that is just my personal opinion.. I like it! And i bet that ROOT is already coming on her way.. :(

A Happy duck here... :o

donald.jpg

Hello how can i clean the cache on recovery menu?? please

Edited by cooldfuzion

Guest MarcusHenrique

Hey guys, I've just run the updata.app, and the update hangs at 80% like you all. And I can't pass setup wizard.. I'll try to flash some custom rom now.

In meantime is there a solution to get full upgrade already?