B7610 ROMs: Experiment Series

Guest daskalos

Guest daskalos
Thanks daskalos for the update.

I find the FM Radio is still broken, I tried to use it after disabling security check and installing certificates too. Can someone try to provide the solution to this?

FM Radio not working is equal to hardware not working for us. :(

I'll work on that ;)

For those trying fm radio, the volume slider is an horizontal slider coming moment you touch the top bar and speakerphone can be activated using menu option.

But I could get back all the buttons back by replacing fm radio related files from earlier roms ;-)

Guest cappuccina
Already flashed and will test anything i can with it! :(

Sorry, but may i ask very kindly for a camera.cab? Or can we use the one from 6.5.5 build 23566?

edit: camera.cab from 23566 does not work! :)

the last one posted in this thread ;)

Guest Klimto

My experiences with experiment32 so far:

If i install the samsung settings complete, my phone will freeze on startup after a few soft resets.

If i don't install the samsung settings, it does work perfectly ;)

Only now my device hangs on the orange windows mobile startup logo all of the sudden. I'll try to remove the battery now and try again in a few minutes, i hope this works :D

Edit: Thank god, it worked :( No problems so far with this rom, just the settings issue :)

Edited by Klimto

Guest Freezy1982
If i install the samsung settings complete, my phone will freeze on startup after a few soft resets.

If i don't install the samsung settings, it does work perfectly ;)

I can agree to that.. Same issue for me too, but I thought because of some wrong apps I had installed.. I will test on it and will remove SamsungSettings right now and will observe this behavior...

Guest daskalos
I can agree to that.. Same issue for me too, but I thought because of some wrong apps I had installed.. I will test on it and will remove SamsungSettings right now and will observe this behavior...

What samsung settings cab do you install? Did you use the fixed one?

Guest Klimto
What samsung settings cab do you install? Did you use the fixed one?

Yes i did use the fixed one. Also i have found a new problem. If i want to send an sms, i can't add a person to send it too. I can select it but the textfield after To: stays empty.

Edit: It does also not work if i go to contacts, select a contact and then press send text message. The to: field stays empty ;)

Edited by Klimto

Guest daskalos
Yes i did use the fixed one. Also i have found a new problem. If i want to send an sms, i can't add a person to send it too. I can select it but the textfield after To: stays empty.

Edit: It does also not work if i go to contacts, select a contact and then press send text message. The to: field stays empty ;)

oh right, hmmm let me take a look...

for the meantime just use the auto-complete function when entering contacts

Edited by daskalos

Guest laurenze88

after i installed the camera cab, my windows setting are lost.. at this point every time my phone locks it comes in a deep sleep, and i need to reset it.

The contact bug i also noticed.

Will go back to the first one! 31

Guest Klimto
after i installed the camera cab, my windows setting are lost.. at this point every time my phone locks it comes in a deep sleep, and i need to reset it.

You can get the default settings back with a simle registery modification.

Go to HKLM/Security/Shell/StartInfo/ and put HideSettings to 0 ;)

Edited by Klimto

Guest daskalos

If your going back to the 31 can you check if the contacts bug is present...thanks

Guest cappuccina

hmm..I'm also using the Samsung settings and i have no problems with it! I'm using the fixed cab also. I had it once maybe that it stays at the windows screen but I could not tell if it is the settings.cab

The message issue I just realized. Never did, because I use threaded sms and anwering through that works. But if you click new and want to enter, yes that does not work!;-)

Guest laurenze88
Ok tested 31 (it's good it has a 40seconds flashing time) has no contact bug...Hmmm what am I missing? ;)

You are fast;) to fast..

Guest daskalos
You are fast;) to fast..

I am currently cooking a new experiment ROM hoping it will solve the contacts bug...maybe ready in an hour ;)

Guest Freezy1982

Another Question: I've installed "AutoRotation" - but it doesn't want to work... (.NET FW 3.5 is already installed and SDK Certs 2.2 too)

Yes, I pushed "start detection" and I did a restart and I add several things to the rotating list :) - but it doesn't rotate anything...

Can anyone else could check if this issue is only presented for me? ;)

EDIT: Oh, forget about it - I forgot to copy the sdksomethingsensor.dll in \windows => I will try, when I'm @ home :(

Edited by Freezy1982

Guest daskalos
Another Question: I've installed "AutoRotation" - but it doesn't want to work... (.NET FW 3.5 is already installed and SDK Certs 2.2 too)

Yes, I pushed "start detection" and I did a restart and I add several things to the rotating list :( - but it doesn't rotate anything...

Can anyone else could check if this issue is only presented for me? ;)

Haven't checked that yet...You can try using Gyrator...Just makes sure you install HTCSensorSDK dll for b7610

Guest FrostBlooD
Ok tested 31 (it's good it has a 40seconds flashing time) has no contact bug...Hmmm what am I missing?

daskalos, could you please add also the audio manager thingy where you can improve the device's audio output by typing *#0002*28346# .. it seems that i cant do that in experiment 31.

Edited by FrostBlooD

Guest cappuccina
daskalos, could you please add also the audio manager thingy where you can improve the device's audio output by typing *#0002*28346# .. it seems that i cant do that in experiment 31.

I also wanted to try it with the experimental 32 and it did not work!

Guest daskalos
I also wanted to try it with the experimental 32 and it did not work!

cause 95 percent of samsung files are gone, remember? ;)