B7610 ROMs: Experiment Series

Guest daskalos

Guest Freezy1982

Wooohooooo! Thank you! ;)

I'm not really a 6.1 Lover, but an experiment-lover :D

Ahhhm... Would be a kind of you if you could release a 6.5 version too (exp31 without the mentioned bugs you solved in exp34) :angry:

Will you work on that too in near future?

Here's a new experiment ROM for 6.1 lovers

Experiment 36 (6.1)

Storage 300++Mb \ RAM 112Mb

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9NKVYYVW

Thanks dask! One of the best roms.

My observations:

1. FM Radio from fixed cab is working good

2. Camera from fixed cab is also working great.

3. Samsung's old settings are working partially (usually they worked like that only initially)

4. even with phone settings, large indicators, wifi settings, gps cab, and volume control cabs installed only gps is working, others don't (THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN WARNED BY DASKALOS, SO THESE MIGHT NOT WORK)

5. Best part, OFFICE 2010 is working, but partially, ie, sharepoint and powerpoint don't work.

6. Samsung dialer from new apps is working good.

7. Sumit's 6.1 lock cab is working, but it requires WiFi settings cab, I really don't know why, but it certainly does!

8. Tweaked settings and using OEM dialer gives about 110mb free ram, cprog.exe uses only 3.2mb.

I must say one great rom, I hope using another shell on top of it would be great still!

Thanks again.

Guest Ninja_Gundam

good old 6.1.... Hmm and if i put this on my B7620? :(;; aren't around couragious? :P Btw dask wb to comunity :(

Chooo

• 2 weeks later...
Guest yamajiang
PLEASE READ FIRST:

This ROM is Experimental and IS NOT FOR EVERYONE

If you answered YES to all below:

- Video Call to you is like the air you breathe

- You cannot live without Samsung Apps

- You are a Windows Mobile newbie

- You are NOT into Tweaking and Customizations

- You love Titanium

- You don't know where to get a Working Office Mobile App

- You need to send MMS

- You want a complete ROM

- You are busy

THIS ROM IS NOT FOR YOU

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EXPERIMENT 31 ROM

The ROM is not in line with my MEGAlites because it's lighter than megalite, and again, not for everyone

This ROM will be suited for heavy tweak-ers customize-rs, and those that rely and trust heavily on third party apps (freeware or paid) other than Samsung or WM apps.

The purpose of the ROM to see if in the absence of Samsung Customizations, can we still have a productive experience with just using 3RD party apps in our device.

The ROM includes OMarket, which will give you access to hundreds of free WinMo application via www.freewarepocketpc.net, to help you customize the ROM to your heart's content.

The ROM is stable enough for simple alarms, calls, sms, email and internet.

This ROM is for you if you say YES to all below

- You don't really need Video Call or MMS.

- You know how to MANUALLY configure your Network Provider's Internet Settings

- You are contented with simple SMS messaging, Email and Calls

- You are into HEAVY Tweaking and Customizations

- You LOVE 3RD PARTY APPS

- You have a large collection or source of 3RD PARTY APPS

- You got at least a week to test it.

About the ROM:

- It's 6.5

- The size of the ROM is just 44Mb

- It will give 390Mb free Storage and 102Mb free RAM

- Flashing time is 45 secs...Normal boot time is 20 secs

Programs in the ROM, if it is not listed, then it's GONE

- Standard WM Settings

- Email/Text

- Contacts

- Internet Explorer (Basic One)

- Calendar

- Pictures & Videos

- WMP

- Calculator

- Notes

- File Explorer

- ActiveSync

- SIM Menu

- Search

New Cab for Samsung Camera will be provided so you can use the camera (later). You can also use Samsung Settings Cab to access hard coded settings. Though there's a possibility make a cab to enable video call and mms again, I will not be doing it soon.

I will not entertain questions or fix about other non working Samsung Applications you might install in this ROM, for this is again made to be a ROM for 3RD party apps. So install everything in this ROM; UI's, Apps, and Games, give it a week, and add your feedback and experience here.

Download Here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YPCJSE65

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EXPERIMENT 32-33-34 ROM

is available somewhere in the threads...current stable version is 34 and 35

Experiment 36 is WM 6.1

I read through the whole threads, but can not find the link of Ex-35. Is there any improvement of 35 from 34?

camera cab not working on 6.1

I am using expt 36 for pretty long time and I am using the camera too. Camera is working but you need to have the fixed version installed. Which one you are using?

Guest gauravv
I am using expt 36 for pretty long time and I am using the camera too. Camera is working but you need to have the fixed version installed. Which one you are using?

got camera working need touch player cab

• 2 weeks later...
Guest me00016

Bugs(?) on experiment 37:

- Samsung Tclock cab works, but alarm is dumb. No sound can be set to be heard (installed g-alarm, got rid of this samsung app).

Next day: Now I know that the problem is more general; the phone and the alarm cannot play a ringtone other than built in sounds. Even that is limited to some specific pcm wavs...

- Windows media player crashes every now and then, especially when I multitask. Etiquette motion control messes badly with wmp, and songs are not played smoothly

- Default screen lock does not actually locks the screen. It says so, dims the screen, but all titanium panels remain clickable.

PS - Tried to use an alternative media player in order to replace SAMSUNG's Touch Player. Unfortunately, this app is unbeatable, and all 3rd party apps I tested are crap in comparison to it, including coreplayer and kinoma.

Edited by me00016

Guest FrostBlooD

ive been patiently waiting but still on exp37 i cant improve audio through *#0002*28346# code.. i know the exe for this was removed, but this tweak is really important for me xD does anyone know what files to copy exactly?

Guest Freezy1982
Bugs(?) on experiment 37:

- Samsung Tclock cab works, but alarm is dumb. No sound can be set to be heard (installed g-sensor, got rid of this samsung app)

- Windows media player crashes every now and then, especially when I multitask. Etiquette motion control messes badly with wmp, and songs are not played smoothly

- Default screen lock does not actually locks the screen. It says so, dims the screen, but all titanium panels remain clickable.

PS - Tried to use an alternative media player in order to replace SAMSUNG's Touch Player. Unfortunately, this app is unbeatable, and all 3rd party apps I tested are crap in comparison to it, including coreplayer and kinoma.

1) I'm using G-Alarm without any problem (so far) :D

2) Have you tried WinVibe Pro for playing mp3?

3) You can activate the Sliding Lockscreen of WM6.5. It locks your Screen (and ALL Buttons) as it should do

What's the Problem of TCPMP? Isn't it enough for playing vids?

BTW: Experiment ROMs are especially designed for NOT using ANY Samsung stuff ;) Perhaps you try a MEGAlite-Version? :D

Edited by Freezy1982

Guest sakisds
Have you tried exp36? Its 6.5.x and runs very smooth!

I will search for the link and try it out, I am on exp35 right now and it works nicely.

Edit: Experiment 36 is 6.1. Maybe you were speaking about exp35.

Edited by sakisds

Guest Freezy1982
I will search for the link and try it out, I am on exp35 right now and it works nicely.

Edit: Experiment 36 is 6.1. Maybe you were speaking about exp35.

I'm sorry - you are right! 35 is the one... I used this one before 37 - nearly 2 Month (I think).. Great and stable one!

Guest Freezy1982
ive been patiently waiting but still on exp37 i cant improve audio through *#0002*28346# code.. i know the exe for this was removed, but this tweak is really important for me xD does anyone know what files to copy exactly?

I recognized this too... So sad if you couldn't hear your dialogue partner if it isn't totally quiet because of no possibility to tweak tho volume...

A fix (or simply the .exe if that yould be enough) would be great!

Guest Freezy1982

I'm sorry for posting so much, but can somebody (using exp37 as well) check if changing the ringtone is possible for you?

If I want to use a mp3 it doesn't work - equal which storage directory is used (like in exp 33). Only the predefined Ringtones are working...

Thanks in advance!

Guest mardevi
I'm sorry for posting so much, but can somebody (using exp37 as well) check if changing the ringtone is possible for you?

If I want to use a mp3 it doesn't work - equal which storage directory is used (like in exp 33). Only the predefined Ringtones are working...

Thanks in advance!

You have to convert the mp3 files to wma files. (There are a number of free converters you can use for that)

Store the ringtones in the my documents/ringtones folder and you will see that you can pick the ringtone that you,ve converted.

Guest mardevi

I am using the experimental 37 now for a couple of days and I'd like to know from one of the users which previous installed one of the experimental 6.5x roms and now using the 37 rom which rom performs better.

I am especially interested in the touch repsonse and in how much ram is left after a few days of use.

I know that the 6.5 roms use less sources and that the touch reponse is better with 6.5x roms.

I've installed the iphone today item, resco contact manager and some other applications and I have about 80Mb left after two days of use.

Waiting for your opinions....

Guest Freezy1982

I've found the Ringtone Problem: You can use a mp3 as well (stored in \my strorage, \windows or \storage card...)

Winvibe Pro has associated to all my mp3 - and windows couldn't access on them. After disconnecting this association all is fine!

I am using the experimental 37 now for a couple of days and I'd like to know from one of the users which previous installed one of the experimental 6.5x roms and now using the 37 rom which rom performs better.

In my opinion WM6.5 is the better choice for now.

- Some Programs and Games are not ready for WM6.5.x and its display resolution (thin bar at the top)

- The RAM consumption of WM6.5 is a bit lower (as you said). I'm using Wisbar Advanced Desktop and lot's of third Party Apps and have about 20 MB more free RAM than in WM6.5.x - But this will depend on which Apps you have installed)

- Touch Response.. Hmm.. I don't feel any difference - WM6.5 is more zippy and a little bit faster I think. But tapping Screen is as good as WM6.5.x

- WM6.5.x is much better designed for your fingers.. Calender, Volume input and other things are big and thumbfriendly designed

Conclusion:

I think for B7610 users who love the Keyboard for making an input of Text in their phone - WM6.5 is the better choice. All Funktions you need your fingers for you can install a Today App (ihponz / Wisbar / SPB / Sense / ....). For making an Input (like SMS / Calender / Reminder / ...) you can flip your Keyboard and WM6.5 will fastly follow by it's rotation :D

Any other opinions?

Guest me00016
1) I'm using G-Alarm without any problem (so far) ;)

2) Have you tried WinVibe Pro for playing mp3?

3) You can activate the Sliding Lockscreen of WM6.5. It locks your Screen (and ALL Buttons) as it should do

What's the Problem of TCPMP? Isn't it enough for playing vids?

BTW: Experiment ROMs are especially designed for NOT using ANY Samsung stuff :( Perhaps you try a MEGAlite-Version? :huh:

- Yes, I meant g-alarm. Superb!

- WinVibe Pro, heh? Thanks, I'll give it a try. BTW, what's your opinion about nitrogen and kinome, as media pleyers?

- Thanks for the tips.

TCPMP, my all time favorite has problems playing my mp4. Tried to install codecs unsuccessfully, and I gave up, prefered coreplayer which played them directly out of the box. Unfortunately, it is not free. None can be compared to Samsung's TP, for its finger-friendliness, divx-codecs support, smooth and fast interface is unparallel.

Edited by me00016