B7610 ROMs: Experiment Series

Guest daskalos

Guest mardevi
- Yes, I meant g-alarm. Superb!

- WinVibe Pro, heh? Thanks, I'll give it a try. BTW, what's your opinion about nitrogen and kinome, as media pleyers?

- Thanks for the tips.

TCPMP, my all time favorite has problems playing my mp4. Tried to install codecs unsuccessfully, and I gave up, prefered coreplayer which played them directly out of the box. Unfortunately, it is not free. None can be compared to Samsung's TP, for its finger-friendliness, divx-codecs support, smooth and fast interface is unparallel.

Remark!

The Sliding Lockscreen of WM6.5 locks your Screen (and ALL Buttons) as it should do, but it also (keeps) consuming you memory.

For that reason it is better to install the 6.1 lockscreen from Sumit.

Guest Freezy1982
Remark!

The Sliding Lockscreen of WM6.5 locks your Screen (and ALL Buttons) as it should do, but it also (keeps) consuming you memory.

For that reason it is better to install the 6.1 lockscreen from Sumit.

Yea, you can do this - if it is working for you, have a try!

For me it unfortunetly does not - equal which ROM or CertVersions I'm using... I always have problems with running Sumits Lockscreen :huh: So I get back to the "good" old one ;)

Guest Freezy1982
- Yes, I meant g-alarm. Superb!

- WinVibe Pro, heh? Thanks, I'll give it a try. BTW, what's your opinion about nitrogen and kinome, as media pleyers?

- Thanks for the tips.

TCPMP, my all time favorite has problems playing my mp4. Tried to install codecs unsuccessfully, and I gave up, prefered coreplayer which played them directly out of the box. Unfortunately, it is not free. None can be compared to Samsung's TP, for its finger-friendliness, divx-codecs support, smooth and fast interface is unparallel.

- Nitrogen is a good mp3/etc. player as well. It works like a charm... But I have a problem with using it parallel to WM6.5 Sliding Lock... If Lock is enabled, Nitrogen continues playing (as it should do) but there are short cuts in its playing every 3 or 4 seconds ;) . If Lockscreen is disabled - there are no problems :( (But you cannot put the phone back into your pocket :huh: )

- kinome I heaven't tested yet... I will do so this evening :D THX for the Tip

Hmm, for using TouchPlayer I would advice you to flash a MEGAlite (or something similar) and not an experiment Version. Then you can install TouchPlayer (if it isn't installed already) and nevertheless you have enough RAM left for other things...

Guest me00016
- kinome I heaven't tested yet... I will do so this evening :huh: THX for the Tip

Hmm, for using TouchPlayer I would advice you to flash a MEGAlite (or something similar) and not an experiment Version. Then you can install TouchPlayer (if it isn't installed already) and nevertheless you have enough RAM left for other things...

Oops sorry for wrong spelling; it's kinoma. Seems to have potential, but runs slow on my device.

As for the Samy TP, I will stick to exp37 for the time being, and to 3rd party software. Any tips for correct TV out using Coreplayer? Video is displayed only in portrait.

Edited by me00016

Guest pathaniya

Am loving the "Experiment 37", it's been 10 minutes into it.

All I want to know is, could I edit the homapage screen, like I want to do away with voice mail, favorites, appointments tab.

Thanks, everyone and especially "daskalos" (Is your real name Elliot, just guessing)

Guest pathaniya

I get an error on ROM:Experiment 37, "Error opening the shortcut or locating the target filename"

whenever I press the "middle key" between the recieving call button and canceling call button.

any leads?

Guest Klimto

Does anyone have a working phone pad for windows 6.1 (exp36)? I tried the 6.5.x one from daskalos but when i get a call it just doesn't show anything :huh:

Edited by Klimto

Guest Russian-Patriot
Does anyone have a working phone pad for windows 6.1 (exp36)? I tried the 6.5.x one from daskalos but when i get a call it just doesn't show anything :huh:

Im using exp36 6.1 default pad and it works

Guest Freezy1982

Hey daskalos!

I'm loving your experiment ROMs!

But there is still one problem left: "Phone Codes"

As already mentioned several times there is no possibility to use Samsung PhoneCodes in experiment ROMs... But my DialingCodes (from my Provider) for checking my phonecredit as an text message doesn't work as well.. So I cannot check my money I have left for calls.. still its empty and the call will be interrupted.

So once more the question: Is it possible to make the PhoneCodes working in your experiment ROMs? Perhaps with an optional cab installation (made by you)?

THX for your work on all ROMs and your reply!

Guest pathaniya

Why can't I review my camera shot that I take and also I want change the default storage space to "Storage Card" instead of "My Storage"

Please enlighten.

Loving Experiment 37. Thanks.

Guest daskalos
Why can't I review my camera shot that I take and also I want change the default storage space to "Storage Card" instead of "My Storage"

Please enlighten.

Loving Experiment 37. Thanks.

Set those in the Camera settings

Guest stahulko

Have you csc eboot and btw everything what I need for flash win 6.1. When I bought omnia pro had wm 6.5. But I think 6.1 is better for me. Could you upload it, please?

Guest yamajiang
If you can find a Samsung Dialer cab that will work with exp37

I searched the forum and got samsung dialer cab as attached.

it does solved the 3s incoming call delay problem. but bring in new problem.

1. can not click to open the contact in the call list

2. can not open Option in the menu list

3. the two icon soft button in Green button and SMS button are not working

4. during phone call, record, phonebook etc are not working.

above are due to missing of other samsung components. still acceptable. but below......

5. the worst.. not compatiable with SU2U - SU2U can no longer lock screen when there is an incoming call....

Samsung_Phone_Pad_for_6.5.x.cab

Edited by yamajiang

Guest pathaniya
I searched the forum and got samsung dialer cab as attached.

it does solved the 3s incoming call delay problem. but bring in new problem.

1. can not click to open the contact in the call list

2. can not open Option in the menu list

3. the two icon soft button in Green button and SMS button are not working

4. during phone call, record, phonebook etc are not working.

above are due to missing of other samsung components. still acceptable. but below......

5. the worst.. not compatiable with SU2U - SU2U can no longer lock screen when there is an incoming call....

Thanks. I'll check, if I face the same problems you have mentioned.

Edited by pathaniya

• 4 weeks later...
Guest yamajiang

problem solved!

just download and install samsung gps setting.cab

enable xtra download and make sure the data is valid.

GPS seems not working on Exp 37 ROM.

Edited by yamajiang

Guest garlic651986
Where can I download samsung settings fixed cab. I was finding everywhere but without succes. Could someone share it. Many thanks

Me too.. I hope someone share me the link to download Samsung settings cab file.. Thanks......

Does anyone have a working phone pad for windows 6.1 (exp36)? I tried the 6.5.x one from daskalos but when i get a call it just doesn't show anything B)

Install this dialer cab for i8000, works on X36.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YUJKS9NH

Where can I download samsung settings fixed cab. I was finding everywhere but without succes. Could someone share it. Many thanks

I happened to stumble upon the fixed settings cab today! Yay. :lol: Here it is:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?s=&sho...t&p=1352793 (post#344)

Guest stahulko

Exist any cab which can I use to transfer big files between ppc and pc? I dont want activesync, cause it is slow and I often work with files on sd card. I need a cab for mass storage. I dont want to use samsung setting. Anybody knows about something? On HTC diamond I was uding usb2pc cab but it doesnt work on b7610.