2.1 Vanilla based on r7

Guest Sh4d0w940

Guest Sh4d0w940
Thank you!!!!!

anyway:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /android/upd1-r7-pulse-mcr-a2sd+-signed-vanilla-signed.zip on this server.

Cant get Update 1...

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /android/upd1-r7-pulse-mcr-a2sd+-signed-vanilla-signed.zip on this server.

First Release link is ok

I get forbidden when I try and download too.

It's fixed. I always forget to chmod 644 :(

Sh4d0w940

Guest thisweb

Would someone like to add some screen shots please? Anyone find this faster/better than zerosignull's RBM/Switz Vanilla 2.1 with A2SD?

Guest zerosignull

shodow:

dont know if you ahve notice but in the build prop their are these two lines:

ro.config.hw_isCustomize=true

ro.config.hw_customizeType=01

set

ro.config.hw_customizeType=01 ;red bull mobile theme

ro.config.hw_customizeType=02 ;Nasty as magenta theme

ro.config.hw_isCustomize=false ;dont theme ne thing. still uses resources from the framework apk though

Guest gusthy
Would someone like to add some screen shots please? Anyone find this faster/better than zerosignull's RBM/Switz Vanilla 2.1 with A2SD?

It is not only speed, those two roms are different style.

This one is more "VANILLA", for example contact list/dialer is different, it comes from red bull rom. personally I prefer that Contacts, but it is question of taste :(

Guest thisweb
It is not only speed, those two roms are different style.

This one is more "VANILLA", for example contact list/dialer is different, it comes from red bull rom. personally I prefer that Contacts, but it is question of taste :(

Thanks. So do you know which is fastest. Speed is important for me. I'm thinking of trying the redbull one.

Guest gusthy
Thanks. So do you know which is fastest. Speed is important for me. I'm thinking of trying the redbull one.

Dont know which is fastest, my Pulse is very fast using MCR 2.1 and AutoKiller set to Optimum, plus Helix launcher...

When Redbull was on my machine, it was fast too. And I LUV that dialer :(

Guest igor_anta
Dont know which is fastest, my Pulse is very fast using MCR 2.1 and AutoKiller set to Optimum, plus Helix launcher...

When Redbull was on my machine, it was fast too. And I LUV that dialer :(

Definitely the best dialer I'v seen so far. Shadow you simply have to included in a next release, it's awesome :(

EDIT: I installed the Contacts.apk and Phone.apk from the RedBull rom BUT even though they seem to work OK there are flaws. The Contact are not recognized in alphabetical order and are not divided like they normally should be, plus the T9 functionality of the dialer is gone. What am I doing wrong, do I need some additional .apk that I oversaw? What does ContactsProvider.apk do? Cheers!

Edited by igor_anta

Guest Sh4d0w940
Definitely the best dialer I'v seen so far. Shadow you simply have to included in a next release, it's awesome :(

EDIT: I installed the Contacts.apk and Phone.apk from the RedBull rom BUT even though they seem to work OK there are flaws. The Contact are not recognized in alphabetical order and are not divided like they normally should be, plus the T9 functionality of the dialer is gone. What am I doing wrong, do I need some additional .apk that I oversaw? What does ContactsProvider.apk do? Cheers!

You shouldn't change phone.apk and I think you have to copy contactsprovider.apk also. If there is a Dialer.apk in the RBM rom you should copy that also.

Sh4d0w940

Guest goce.nakov

Shadow

I have urgent problem :(

I'v just installed your ROM and I dont see Market app under programs :(.

After installing your ROM I didnt checked but imidiately I'v installed Market Enabler....so I'm seeing Market Enabler under programs but there is no Market.

Thru rootExplorer I'm seeing there is MarketUpdater.apk in the system....

I reinstalled again...it seems you missed to put Market app

Edited by goce.nakov

Guest igor_anta
You shouldn't change phone.apk and I think you have to copy contactsprovider.apk also. If there is a Dialer.apk in the RBM rom you should copy that also.

Sh4d0w940

Well I was lucky that Phone.apk didn't brake anything I guess :( So did you change the ContactsProvider.apk when you pushed the vanilla Contacts instead of the T-Mob default ones? Cause now Contacts lists everything under Z for me so maybe that's the fix :( Cheers!

Guest igor_anta
Well I was lucky that Phone.apk didn't brake anything I guess :o So did you change the ContactsProvider.apk when you pushed the vanilla Contacts instead of the T-Mob default ones? Cause now Contacts lists everything under Z for me so maybe that's the fix :( Cheers!

Wow, no Market, I didn't notice :( Can you upload it so we can install it, If it can be done just like this? Cheers!

Guest gusthy
Well I was lucky that Phone.apk didn't brake anything I guess :( So did you change the ContactsProvider.apk when you pushed the vanilla Contacts instead of the T-Mob default ones? Cause now Contacts lists everything under Z for me so maybe that's the fix :( Cheers!

yes, you need both.

then you can delete dialer.apk and call log apk. but phone.apk is mandatory.

edit: after that u may need to reset data (wipe)

Edited by gusthy

Guest goce.nakov
yes, you need both.

Gusthy...help mate...how we can install market app on this ROM :(...Shadow seems to forgoth to put it in

Guest eckengucker1

Take the "vending.apk" form Pauls ROM or just from the previous vanilla r1 release.

BTW: I've tested this ROM yesterday and the colors were mostly magenta. And some apps caused FC (e.g. vending.apk aka Market). A proper release basing on the Huawei-T-Mob-ROM would be nice. Just changing the framework to correct colors would be a big first step. Only taking apps from other releases and creating a huge meltingpot of frameworks causes only more problems.

But anyway nice work :(

Edited by eckengucker1

Guest igor_anta
yes, you need both.

So push Contacts and ContactsProvider and then go to recovery wipe data/factory reset? That's it? Phone.apk has nothing to do with the dialer and the Contacts look right, I don't need it? Thanks, cheers!

Guest goce.nakov
Take the "vending.apk" form Pauls ROM or just from the previous vanilla r1 release.

BTW: I've tested this ROM yesterday and the colors were mostly magenta. And some apps caused FC (e.g. vending.apk aka Market). A proper release basing on the Huawei-T-Mob-ROM would be nice. Just changing the framework to correct colors would be a big first step. Only taking apps from other releases and creating a huge meltingpot of frameworks causes only more problems.

But anyway nice work :(

Thanks Ecken...there already was Vending.apk in app folder I'v just reinstalled and there you go :(

Thanks again

Guest Juan David

Hi...

Would you guys explain a little bit.. if you install r7

all this steps

How to install:

- Apply this updata.app as described here

- Install the custom recovery image

- Flash this rom using the custom recovery image

- Reboot your phone

- Flash one of these frameworks

is it necessary to apply this steps:

How to get removed apps back

- Download the original r7 here

- Extract using Winrar or 7zip or another extraction program

- Copy the apps you want back to the folder where you saved your recovery image

- In command prompt type adb-windows.exe remount

- In command prompt type adb-windows.exe push *AppNameHere*.apk /system/*AppNameHere*.apk or *AppNameHere*.apk/data/*AppNameHere*.apk

- In command prompt type adb-windows.exe shell reboot

if so, what it does?, could i uninstall those programs like webtv to free some space since after the installation there is only 40mb left.

would you please .. explain a little bit further what you mean with "Copy the apps you want back to the folder where you saved your recovery image"

sorry for this nobbish questions but it is not clear to me.

btw

I just installed the r7 and is much better than r6 at least is more stable.

Thanks

Juan D

p.s

bear w my english.. :(

Guest Sh4d0w940
Hi...

Would you guys explain a little bit.. if you install r7

all this steps

How to install:

- Apply this updata.app as described here

- Install the custom recovery image

- Flash this rom using the custom recovery image

- Reboot your phone

- Flash one of these frameworks

"this", "here" and "custom recovery image" are links. "this" links to a file and the other two link to guide wich explain how to use them.

The other steps are explained in the "custom recovery image" link or the pinned topics.

is it necessary to apply this steps:

How to get removed apps back

- Download the original r7 here

- Extract using Winrar or 7zip or another extraction program

- Copy the apps you want back to the folder where you saved your recovery image

- In command prompt type adb-windows.exe remount

- In command prompt type adb-windows.exe push *AppNameHere*.apk /system/*AppNameHere*.apk or *AppNameHere*.apk/data/*AppNameHere*.apk

- In command prompt type adb-windows.exe shell reboot

if so, what it does?, could i uninstall those programs like webtv to free some space since after the installation there is only 40mb left.

would you please .. explain a little bit further what you mean with "Copy the apps you want back to the folder where you saved your recovery image"

sorry for this nobbish questions but it is not clear to me.

btw

I just installed the r7 and is much better than r6 at least is more stable.

Thanks

Juan D

p.s

bear w my english.. :(

Those steps are not necessary, I added them because there were some people who wanted apps back that were in the original r7 but wich I removed in this rom.

Sh4d0w940

Guest goce.nakov

Shadow

You got some mistakes m8 in this release

1.Market app..doesnt exist (you need to install it afterwards)

2.You got old 3D Gallery with bug in it

3.You are using old version of ADW, there is a new official release.

Also if you are making new release can you include RBM dialer pls

BTW I love your ROMS and I'm always adicted to them

Thank you

Edited by goce.nakov

Guest panter4
Shadow

You got some mistakes m8 in this release

1.Market app..doesnt exist (you need to install it afterwards)

2.You got old 3D Gallery with bug in it

3.You are using old version of ADW, there is a new official release.

Also if you are making new release can you include RBM dialer pls

BTW I love your ROMS and I'm always adicted to them

Thank you

hey!

noob here

can you please explain how to do "1."

how to install market?

i've been googleing and searching forums and cant find a sollution

so someone please help.... or should i just try another ROM?

edit:

ahh... ofcourse

5 hours of searching the net and nothing, and 10 minutes after i posted this i find that the market is named VENDING.APK

i just extracted it from another rom and installed...

edit 2:

but that dosent work

the market crashes when starting download

Edited by panter4

Guest goce.nakov
hey!

noob here

can you please explain how to do "1."

how to install market?

i've been googleing and searching forums and cant find a sollution

so someone please help.... or should i just try another ROM?

edit:

ahh... ofcourse

5 hours of searching the net and nothing, and 10 minutes after i posted this i find that the market is named VENDING.APK

i just extracted it from another rom and installed...

edit 2:

but that dosent work

the market crashes when starting download

When you copied in to the system/app, did you installed afterwards (you need to do that)

When you copied in to the system/app, did you installed afterwards (you need to do that)

I just remove vending.apk from /system/app, get vending.apk from Paul's r7 ROM, copy it to /system/app, and that's all, work...

This rom is fast and very stable, THANK'S!!!

Guest il_cholo

Is it possible to install this r7 over r6 using the recovery tool?

I mean Im using Sh4d0w940´s upd8-r6-2.1-pulse-a2sd+-vanilla-signed.zip, can I go to recovery tool and flash with this one?

Regards.

Edited by il_cholo