2.1 Vanilla based on r7

Guest Sh4d0w940

Guest Sh4d0w940

This is the 2.1 rom from Paul and Bobo revision 7 but with the vanilla apps from stock 2.1

How to install:

- Apply this updata.app as described here

- Install the custom recovery image

- Flash this rom using the custom recovery image

- Reboot your phone

- Flash one of these frameworks

How to get removed apps back

- Download the original r7 here

- Extract using Winrar or 7zip or another extraction program

- Copy the apps you want back to the folder where you saved your recovery image

- In command prompt type adb-windows.exe remount

- In command prompt type adb-windows.exe push *AppNameHere*.apk /system/*AppNameHere*.apk or *AppNameHere*.apk/data/*AppNameHere*.apk

- In command prompt type adb-windows.exe shell reboot

Features:

- A2SD+ included

- Dropbear SSH files removed

- Roadsync removed

- Languagepacks removed

- Replaced some apps with the stock versions

- Removed some T-Mobile apps

- Replaced launcher with adw launcher

- Changed build fingerprint to fix some market problems (install Market Enabler to fix other problems)

Download:

Update1 - 31/05/10 - Dedicated Server

First release - 30/05/10 - Dedicated Server

Latest Changes:

Update1

- Fixed problem wich prevented the phone from syncing contacts

- Fixed problem wich prevented the phone from downloading apps

- Fixed com.google.process.gapps Force Closes

Known Issues:

Much thanks to:

Everyone who contributes to this great pulse community here!

DO A NANDROID BACKUP and wipe BEFORE TRYING

And also: Although it should be safe, do this only at your own risk. I am not responsible if anything happens.

FYI: 2.1 Vanilla based on r6

Sh4d0w940

Edited by Sh4d0w940

Guest mupra

ur the man!

edit:

1. sync problem - does not sync the contacts

2. lots of com.google.process.gapps FC

3. Market wont let download anything

thats all

edit2: best bootanim ever :(

Edited by mupra

Guest darkdevil1

Much love <3

Edit: Is it just me or does it still have pink highlights? Only in certain submenus though it seems. Settings for example

Edited by darkdevil1

Guest igor_anta

What phone.apk do you have? Can you add the one from the RBM rom? It's the best looking by far and has T9 built in. I guess the contacts.apk go hand in hand with that one? Cheers!

Guest thisweb

quote'Changed build fingerprint to fix some market problems (install Market Enabler to fix other problems)'

I cant get Market Enabler to work, are you sure it works on v2.1 pulse? Whats best way to test it.

Guest thisweb
Much love <3

Edit: Is it just me or does it still have pink highlights? Only in certain submenus though it seems. Settings for example

eiyuch!!! I hate that magenta look!

Guest whackster

Does adb push do anything different, other than simply copying the apks using Root Explorer? e.g. I'm overwriting the callendar app with the vanilla one, and it disappears from the drawer. Also it won't install...

Is there an extra step I'm missing, or is android keeping a log of all the apps?

Guest Richard_Arkless

I think the force closes are down to ContactsProvider.apk not having an odex file with it in the app folder

EDIT just replaced the files with the files from the previous version and now it works fine

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest DanWilson
I think the force closes are down to ContactsProvider.apk not having an odex file with it in the app folder

EDIT just replaced the files with the files from the previous version and now it works fine

What previous version? The r6 based one?

Guest zerosignull

Sh4d0w940:

Did u re-gen the framework resource file from the official 2.1 release or are you still using the old one from the beta ROM's?

Guest Richard_Arkless
What previous version? The r6 based one?

Yea what shadow must have done was copy all the apps from the previous version r6 to r7 and missed out the odex

Guest Sh4d0w940
Sh4d0w940:

Did u re-gen the framework resource file from the official 2.1 release or are you still using the old one from the beta ROM's?

I didn't change the framework, instead I linked to that framework topic because those frameworks are better then vanilla.

They have a visible clock and don't give any problems so no need to regenerate the framework.

Yea what shadow must have done was copy all the apps from the previous version r6 to r7 and missed out the odex

If you change an apk file you have to remove the odex file or make a new one. I choose to remove it so the phone creates them at first boot.

Missing odex files are no problem, you don't need them.

Sh4d0w940

Guest Richard_Arkless
I didn't change the framework, instead I linked to that framework topic because those frameworks are better then vanilla.

They have a visible clock and don't give any problems so no need to regenerate the framework.

If you change an apk file you have to remove the odex file or make a new one. I choose to remove it so the phone creates them at first boot.

Missing odex files are no problem, you don't need them.

Sh4d0w940

Oh ok, I hope this helps the ones that have changed from the previous release are ContactsProvider.apk, DownloadProvider.apk, LiveWallpapersPicker.apk, Settings.apk, SettingsProvider.apk, Vending.apk. The rest are the same apk's, so I would look at the apks that have changed first

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest MarcusHenrique

Hey I can't mount mtdblock1 into /system to install the framework. Says: device or resource busy.

Ideas?

EDIT: Nevermind, mounting directly in adb without shell works;

Edited by MarcusHenrique

Guest whackster
Hey I can't mount mtdblock1 into /system to install the framework. Says: device or resource busy.

Ideas?

happened to me quite a few times, finally got it working by doing umount /system or something similar... not exactly sure what worked, adb remount didn't want to work at all

Guest MarcusHenrique

Hey, So I've pushed back everything Richard says it's different but restoring contacts with sprite backup still fails =/

Guest Sh4d0w940
ur the man!

edit:

1. sync problem - does not sync the contacts

2. lots of com.google.process.gapps FC

3. Market wont let download anything

thats all

edit2: best bootanim ever :(

I've just uploaded Update1 wich has these problems fixed.

Download link is in first post.

Sh4d0w940

Guest mupra
I've just uploaded Update1 wich has these problems fixed.

Download link is in first post.

Sh4d0w940

Thank you!!!!!

anyway:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /android/upd1-r7-pulse-mcr-a2sd+-signed-vanilla-signed.zip on this server.

Guest SonMauri

Cant get Update 1...

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /android/upd1-r7-pulse-mcr-a2sd+-signed-vanilla-signed.zip on this server.

First Release link is ok