[ROM] Streamounay 0.2b [02/06/2010]

Guest vache

Guest Massimo Gengarelli
Yep, it's working. Divx/Xvid/MOV/WMA/H264/MPEG4 is working. AAC/AC3/MP3/OGG/DTS too. Maybe some others. Somes vid's are smooth, some other not. HD playback in 720p is really smooth, but not @1080p. I'm making somes tests to see what's working and what's not.

This is driving me crazy. I'd like to have those damn codecs working on my Liquid (I travel a lot by train and here in Italy trains suck so most of the time I've to travel 2 or more hours standing up, and enjoying a good film would make the travel less painful) but I really, really dislike the new notification bar, the new lockscreen and all those things Acer introduced with the Stream. So I guess I'll try to port those codecs into a standard ROM.

BTW, Malez is badword right when he's saying that the *real* dev here is Vache for the stream porting, no one should steal others' work and that's the main reason why I don't use others' ROMS but only Vaches', Malez (and LCR Team in general) and those made by the GREAT Hackers that are forming this community.

In my little I'm quietly trying to learn something (I'm a good Linux hacker but still too noob for Android/Embedded devices in general :()

Guest Seth Cold
This is driving me crazy. I'd like to have those damn codecs working on my Liquid (I travel a lot by train and here in Italy trains suck so most of the time I've to travel 2 or more hours standing up, and enjoying a good film would make the travel less painful) but I really, really dislike the new notification bar, the new lockscreen and all those things Acer introduced with the Stream. So I guess I'll try to port those codecs into a standard ROM.

just use Android UI in the stream rom... Settings > App settings > User interface > Android UI (not sure if that's the english words... translating from my phone in spanish).

Guest Massimo Gengarelli
just use Android UI in the stream rom... Settings > App settings > User interface > Android UI (not sure if that's the english words... translating from my phone in spanish).

But I'll have the notification bar on bottom (which I tried and found useless and painful while typing), upper LEDs not working and, .. all of the bugs which are not yet solved :(

Guest ahsid
But I'll have the notification bar on bottom (which I tried and found useless and painful while typing), upper LEDs not working and, .. all of the bugs which are not yet solved :(

no the notification bar goes at the top when you change the UI

Guest mrnismisk

With android ui you will have the original notificationbar.

Guest Massimo Gengarelli
no the notification bar goes at the top when you change the UI

That's a good new! What about the lockscreen? Will I have the original one too?

Guest Schulzor

Do i have to flash 1.100.05 bin over LCR 1.6 and then flash the streamounay rom ? Or can i flash streamounay over LCR. Because i tried flashing streamounay over LCR and xivd-playback hasn't worked for me. Now i'm unsure if my xvid files are not right or i have flashed the wrong way.

Guest mrnismisk
That's a good new! What about the lockscreen? Will I have the original one too?

Yes you will. Everything looks exactly as 2.1. except the notificationbar witch is colored black other then that the same as 2.1.

Guest m4ss
Yes you will. Everything looks exactly as 2.1. except the notificationbar witch is colored black other then that the same as 2.1.

and can use also launcherPro ?

Guest fischschneehase

I have got a questin is the stream ui multitasking able if i hold home i get to the widget app. And i also think the ui ends task like the browser or faceboomk i dont want to be closed is there anz way to fix this prob?

Guest fpbasilio

any step by step noob guide to use this ROM starting from stock acer liquid running stock android 1.6?

would appreciate if could include download links of needed files

Edited by fpbasilio

Guest fischschneehase

@ Vache: is it possible to port the stream lockscreen, launcher and statebar to froyo?! Would be great cause froyo is so much faster than all eclair roms i ever testet...

But i like the stream ui...

Guest HiTMaN28

I want to know do I really need to flash to Acer 1.100.05 first, I am currently on firmware 0.004.01. Thanks. I have tried to use custom recovery and install this ROM this way by wiping my system(factory reset), install .zip file.

The rom loaded but only shows a black screen but when I hold the power button, the shutdown menu pop-up.... can ne1 explain to me how to solve this problem?

Thx.!

Guest fischschneehase

Is iz possible to extract just the acer ui and install it on froyo? Plaese can someone help me? That would be my dreamrom;) XD

Guest Rufy93

I saw that one of the leds actually works partially.

When the battery level drops to the "Low battery" warning, the battery leds starts to blink as usual.