TelstraMod1 - Revision 5

Guest Muskie

Guest Silvarbullit
Did you perform a wipe before installing the new ROM? make sure to wipe everything, that's the data, cache, and Dalvik Cache. the useragent string should read

HTC_desire_A8183 V1.16.841.1 Build/ERE27

Ok got it working now after you uploaded that fixed ROM. Cheers!

From a bit of playing around it was actually caused by Titanium backup restoring the old .xml files in /data which were nuking the updated 8183 user agent .xml etc. Work around was not to restore using TB and just manually restore everything before creating new backups with TB.

As I suspected, using the 8183 user agent has fixed my MMS problem. Telstra must be playing games with their messaging centre profiles - 8181 model UA gets you crappy low quality MMS, model 8183 UA gets you proper MMS which are still a bit neutered by android but still much better quality and nearer to full size!

Think I've ticked all the boxes on my desire now - it seems to be running pretty smoothly now, just need to sort out the com.android.acore not responding problems while checking/mounting SD card on startup and shes all smiles. (ordered a new class 6 16GB card to replace the class 2 incase its speed related)

Guest Muskie

There's apparently a problem with the Standard Wallpapers in the ROM not loading and giving a "phone memory full" error when selecting them.. I'm looking into the problem now, and should have a fix for it soon.

Guest fatwolf

Would you be able to just provide an update file that altered any rom with the changed config files.

Or a copy of the changed files that could just be pushed to the device without flashing a new rom.

Guest Muskie

The ROM I'mworking on shouldn't need a wipe to flash, so don't wory. I'll tell you guys if it needs a wipe.

And I always provide the kitchen Files.

Guest Muskie

Right, big update now, Used a DIFF program to merge the more Aussie stuff from the Telstra ROM (APNs, Bookmarks, etc), Hopefully Fixed the Wallpaper problem, and made extra-double-sure that the UA string was correct. XD

Gonna give it a quick test on my phone, and if it's all good, i'll upload. ;)

Guest Michael Pasqualone

Thanks Muskie! Look forward to the latest upload.

I've got 5 brand new HTC's from Telstra waiting by to done - so I guess as soon as it's up I'll be the test dummy! ;)

Guest fatwolf
Bah! SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK. Almost finished uploading.

The weak and the sleepy.

Seriously though I have done all the flashing and imaging of my phone at work because it looks like work in a Linux terminal.

Guest Michael Pasqualone

Stupid question, your original post says to "use this guide" for new installation - but there is no guide, and no link - what guide are we talking about? Can someone please link me?

Guest andrewgordo1

Hi - Sorry newbie question,

As per instructions...

New Installation:

1: Root Your Desire using this guide.

Which root guide exactly?

Thanks

Guest dancube

Can I extract the files in the directory structure you have listed and add them as a set of kitchen files to Paul's latest Froyo MCR?

Guest Muskie
Can I extract the files in the directory structure you have listed and add them as a set of kitchen files to Paul's latest Froyo MCR?

Bleh. forgot the link, lol..

It _IS_ one of the stickied topics on this very forum tho..

I'm not sure about Froyo, as I haven't looked at the directory structure.

Guest Marteni

I'm having no success in rooting my phone, so can't yet apply this update. I know this is not the rooting forum, but things are a little quiet there at the moment and any help would be appreciated ;)

Phone is Desire A8183

Build 1.16.841.1

Bootloader 0.75

I made a gold card using this method and a Kingston 2BG card: http://android.modaco.com/content/software...n-goldcardtool/

The phone reads the card, and using a hex editor I can verify that lines 000 to 017 have been copied to the mbr. Is there any way to check that this is a gold card?

Downloaded r6-desire-root-alt from Pauls page. Check sum matches. Followed the procedure successfully up until 'apply sdcard:update.zip', then the verification of the zipfile fails about a third of the way in and aborts.

After choosing 'reboot' from the menu the phone reboots to the original Telstra rom with all user data wiped.

This is really doing my head in.

Guest Muskie
I'm having no success in rooting my phone, so can't yet apply this update. I know this is not the rooting forum, but things are a little quiet there at the moment and any help would be appreciated ;)

Phone is Desire A8183

Build 1.16.841.1

Bootloader 0.75

I made a gold card using this method and a Kingston 2BG card: http://android.modaco.com/content/software...n-goldcardtool/

The phone reads the card, and using a hex editor I can verify that lines 000 to 017 have been copied to the mbr. Is there any way to check that this is a gold card?

Downloaded r6-desire-root-alt from Pauls page. Check sum matches. Followed the procedure successfully up until 'apply sdcard:update.zip', then the verification of the zipfile fails about a third of the way in and aborts.

After choosing 'reboot' from the menu the phone reboots to the original Telstra rom with all user data wiped.

This is really doing my head in.

I'm not too sure about what problem you're having here. Have you tried a differrent SD card?

Might be better to ask in the rooting forum, as I'm only able to provide support for my ROM specifically.

Guest Marteni
I'm not too sure about what problem you're having here. Have you tried a differrent SD card?

Might be better to ask in the rooting forum, as I'm only able to provide support for my ROM specifically.

Thanks Muskie, I'm on SD card # 2, root attempt # 5 so far ;), I'll give it a go with another card lmao.

Appreciate the reply, I realise that this is not the place for my question: Desperate times... Thanks :(

Guest Muskie
Thanks Muskie, I'm on SD card # 2, root attempt # 5 so far ;), I'll give it a go with another card lmao.

Appreciate the reply, I realise that this is not the place for my question: Desperate times... Thanks :(

Where are you, exactly? If you were in Perth, I could possibly root the thing for you if you'd like. No charge, lol! :)

Guest sub27

Hey i've come across an issue with mobile foxtel. It works the first time after install. Watch for 20mins or so, then phone just reboots, now foxtel doesn't work.

any ideas?

update - only seems to happen with sbs, all other channels play fine for over 30mins. i really only want it to watch the world cup as well =/

cheers

Edited by sub27

Guest Marteni
Where are you, exactly? If you were in Perth, I could possibly root the thing for you if you'd like. No charge, lol! ;)

Thanks Muskie, I have finally got an old Sandisk 2GB to work as a gold card. I didn't format this time, dunno if that made the difference but it worked. I flashed a 1.21 RUU (RUU_Bravo_HTC_WWE_1.21.405.2_Radio_32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.02_2_release_126984_sig

ed.exe)to check it and now have a stock HTC rom.

Next to root. Thanks for your help so far!

Guest Muskie

NP, Marteni.

As for Sub27, that sounds more like an issue with Telstra rather than my ROM.. Might wanna give em a ring. There is a warning thing about 15 minute session limits (which is really stupid given it's freakin' TV, ffs, but whatever)

Guest sub27
NP, Marteni.

As for Sub27, that sounds more like an issue with Telstra rather than my ROM.. Might wanna give em a ring. There is a warning thing about 15 minute session limits (which is really stupid given it's freakin' TV, ffs, but whatever)

yeah thats what i figureed, just seeing if anyone else was having the same issue. its not the session limit though cause that happens with all the channels. Watching SBS actually reboots the phone.

Guest Muskie
what's the password to do SSH login to the phone??

There's an SSH login passowrd? go and ask Paul that, as stuff like that is unchanged from the MCR.

Guest Muskie

I've finally found a tool that will allow me to edit the APKs in the 2.2 ROMs!

Keep an eye out for TelstraMods for both Paul's Froyo MCR and DeFRoST soon.

Guest fatwolf

I still don't get why you don't just make a small update.zip file that updates the files on anyone's rom.

I assume they are all in the same place and its only the ID's your replacing.