Dropbox

Guest Daniel Williamson

Guest Stevos

I just got done minifying the t mobile boot animation (now down to 18Kb from 260Kb, and identical looking), and someone has just completely minified it by removing everything in the zip

hey! :(

Edit: Re-upped although with a larger filesize. Seems there are issues with certain png optimisation techniques. I added a note about it in the same directory.

Edited by Stevos

Guest -Wii-
Are the files not just stored on the internet I.E "cloud" >? And You only use up data when uploading or downloading?

Dan

I highlighted my dropbox icon and it says

Downloading 75 Files 242kb/s 16mins

I think its like a shared folder where its stored on all computers individually, if it is to be honest with you i might have to opt out depending how active it is.

Guest Daniel Williamson
I just got done minifying the t mobile boot animation (now down to 18Kb from 260Kb, and identical looking), and someone has just completely minified it by removing everything in the zip

hey! :(

On my version history it says that you deleted it? good job anyway aha :(

Dan

Guest BigBearMDC

I think its like a shared folder where its stored on all computers individually, if it is to be honest with you i might have to opt out depending how active it is.

Try disabling "LAN sync" in the preferences :(

Guest Daniel Williamson
Try disabling "LAN sync" in the preferences :(

LAN sync is a Dropbox feature that speeds syncing dramatically when the file exists on your Local Area Network (LAN).

What does that mean exactly? Well, when you add a file to your computer's Dropbox, the file is then synced with Dropbox servers. Dropbox will then initiate the syncing process as soon as it determines a change has been made to the file. All linked computers and shared folders will then download any new version of the file. With LAN syncing, Dropbox will look for the new file on your Local Area Network first, bypassing the need to download the file from Dropbox servers, thus speeding up the syncing process considerably.

LAN sync is an extra advantage for use in locations where computers are networked together over the same router or other local area network.

:(

Dan

Guest -Wii-
LAN sync is a Dropbox feature that speeds syncing dramatically when the file exists on your Local Area Network (LAN).

What does that mean exactly? Well, when you add a file to your computer's Dropbox, the file is then synced with Dropbox servers. Dropbox will then initiate the syncing process as soon as it determines a change has been made to the file. All linked computers and shared folders will then download any new version of the file. With LAN syncing, Dropbox will look for the new file on your Local Area Network first, bypassing the need to download the file from Dropbox servers, thus speeding up the syncing process considerably.

LAN sync is an extra advantage for use in locations where computers are networked together over the same router or other local area network.

:(

Dan

Is that blue launcher pro any more stable than the launcher pro beta

Guest Daniel Williamson
Is that blue launcher pro any more stable than the launcher pro beta

Just the same but with blue highlights when pressing on application, originally made to go with the Blue_theme in the Themes folder.

Dan

Guest BigBearMDC

Okay, just found the SHA1 generator binary.

I will upload it to our dropbox folder :(

"Datei öffnen" = open file

"Schlüssel" = sha1 digest (checksum)

Guest brookergray

Try the experimental build. It has selective sync.

http://forums.dropbox.com/topic.php?id=20472&replies=42

Guest BigBearMDC
Okay thanks so shall i do this for each of the files that i have edited ?

Dan

Yap.

I'm working on an application that does this for you :(

Guest -Wii-
Okay thanks so shall i do this for each of the files that i have edited ?

Dan

Can someone do me a favour and put on or email me with the sd part of beautiful_widgets.2.1

I acidently deleted it and have it working but with no animations?

Guest Stevos

I'm getting weird concurrency issues on this. Uploads are sometimes getting lost or modified if changes happen too quickly. Just a heads up.

Guest Daniel Williamson
Can someone do me a favour and put on or email me with the sd part of beautiful_widgets.2.1

Ive uploaded them in a zip file in Apps folder.

Dan

Edited by Daniel Williamson

Guest Stevos

I think that's a commercial app... ?

Guest -Wii-
Ive uploaded them in a zip file in Apps folder.

Dan

Does that go in root? cos its still not working :|

Im using Launcher pro, that got anything to do with it

Guest Daniel Williamson

Can people stop deleting files that people have uploaded ???!! i can see you know when a person deletes something and will kick you from the folder if it continues.

Dan

Guest Daniel Williamson
Does that go in root? cos its still not working :|

Im using Launcher pro, that got anything to do with it

No it goes in the data folder.

Dan

Guest DanWilson
Can people stop deleting files that people have uploaded ???!! i can see you know when a person deletes something and will kick you from the folder if it continues.

Dan

Dont worry dude, I'll not delete anything! :(

Guest Stevos

Dan

I've deleted a couple of files that I uploaded, as I was getting concurrency problems and wanted to start from scratch with them. Is it that that was showing up?