Who's moving to the Samsung i9000

Guest JaGuR

Guest JaGuR

Just wondering, who will be moving to the new Samsung Galaxy S i9000.

The phone looks amazing, how a phone should look and work, with out all the modifications :(

I will be getting one, what they have done with Android, and their Touch Wiz looks awesome.

Maybe winmo is dead as an operating sytem

Guest Billus

Umm yea, that's why there is going to be a Windows Phone 7 release :(

I know I'll be getting either a Windows Phone powered device or an Android powered device. This is mostly depending on how well Windows Phone 7 behaves as an operating system.

Guest aceofrazgriz

I moved to the Incredible... Omnia was a great device, but sadly cells get dated way to quickly these days. I'm all too skeptical on WP7, but i did <3 me some WinMo. Sadly, WinMo is basically now dead. I really hope WP7 goes far and does well, for now, Android is where its at. Might pickup a WP7 device soon after launch, but i don't like picking up totally new OS's that soon.

Guest malaysia9966

im cinsidering that too.sadly no flash.already launched in singapore.waiting for it to get a froyo update first before purchasing it.just hope that the speaker is as crisp as my omnia 2 cause my nexus speaker sucks big time.

Guest teaumikael

I will definitely get one :( has been used WinMo for the past 8 years (started with O2). I have bored with it, going for new OS but I also want to try out the New BADA OS...Damn, all are so tempting.

Hopefully the launch price in Malaysia will be below RM2500...... :(

Guest andrew.mazlim

Is it this one? Here:

samsung-galaxy-i9000-2.jpg

Looking amazing! I hope the technical specifications of this new one, to be as great as i900's were!

(I wish I had the cash to buy it...)

Edited by andrew.mazlim

Guest kennethchia
Is it this one? Here:

samsung-galaxy-i9000-2.jpg

Looking amazing! I hope the technical specifications of this new one, to be as great as i900's were!

(I wish I had the cash to buy it...)

+1

Guest DLCI

I'm gonna wait a bit more. My biggest concerns with Android so far were the crappy Qualcomm CPUs, the lack of multimedia features in the OS and no proper exchange support. It seems those days are gone now and I find i9000 quite appealing in fact. Still one concern I have is the battery life - all Eclair handys seem to have issues with it. Perhaps will wait bit more and see the next iphone - just for one-to-one comparisson :(

Guest pacman9889
I moved to the Incredible... Omnia was a great device, but sadly cells get dated way to quickly these days. I'm all too skeptical on WP7, but i did <3 me some WinMo. Sadly, WinMo is basically now dead. I really hope WP7 goes far and does well, for now, Android is where its at. Might pickup a WP7 device soon after launch, but i don't like picking up totally new OS's that soon.

how do you like it, I'm considering it for my upgrade

Guest amitsharma.atc

sure...:) i m planing to buy this phone when its release in india

Edited by amitsharma.atc

Guest FredVermejo
sure...:) i m planing to buy this phone when its release in india

After having Nokia, LG and Samsung phones, I have to say it loud:

Samsung never more!

I'll go back to Nokia or move on to HTC.

Samsung hardware can be great but it lacks on software and, IMO, South Korean companies really don't care about us and never release a update SW version.

I agree with someone above that said cell get old too quick, and SW update helps keep it fresh a little bit.

Guest thescope

It's nice but I will wait for 4G/WiMax...

The company that has 4G in my area Clear/Sprint will have new phones in 1-2 months so they say.

My Omnia will last me till then :)

Edited by thescope

Guest amitsharma.atc
After having Nokia, LG and Samsung phones, I have to say it loud:

Samsung never more!

I'll go back to Nokia or move on to HTC.

Samsung hardware can be great but it lacks on software and, IMO, South Korean companies really don't care about us and never release a update SW version.

I agree with someone above that said cell get old too quick, and SW update helps keep it fresh a little bit.

well..... iin some way... you are right... actually, the whole india is still waiting for 6.5 update for omnia 2 in india

but hardware wise it is quite powerful android phone so thats why i wanna try it... :) :)

Guest zaryc

I am tempted to move on to i9000. Any body know quick way to port over all PIM from i900 to i9000? (WM to Android). PIMbackup files are great. Just wondering if anybody will write something on android to import the PIM over.

Guest andrew.mazlim

I'll NEVER go back to Nokia! Nokia is former great firm, not best as it used to be. If I ever change Samsung (I'll not), it will be only for HTC...

Guest amitsharma.atc
I'll NEVER go back to Nokia! Nokia is former great firm, not best as it used to be. If I ever change Samsung (I'll not), it will be only for HTC...

+1

Guest kennethchia

+2

• 2 weeks later...
Guest zaryc
I will definitely get one :( has been used WinMo for the past 8 years (started with O2). I have bored with it, going for new OS but I also want to try out the New BADA OS...Damn, all are so tempting.

Hopefully the launch price in Malaysia will be below RM2500...... ;)

Launching in Maxis Malaysia on 25th June. RRP in Maxis website is RM2599. In Singapore - agent set is Sing$900.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Billus

Didn't want to make a huge announcement that I'm leaving my Omnia by creating a new thread. The main reason I'm leaving this device is that it is just slow and the touchscreen is almost, totally, un-responsive. I got frustrated with this device as I attempted to input a chicks number into my phone. Embarrassed, I had to have her put my number in and call me. The phone just wouldn't respond. I've also missed several calls as the phone just takes so damn long to respond. I know that I can replace the digitizer but the phone is really starting to show its age. In a way, it is kinda sad leaving behind a community that has been supportive of this device. Custom roms have improved the phone greatly in its lifetime. If it weren't for you guys, both rom developers and general users, I think I would have been banging my head against the wall everyday saying, "why did I buy this device". I hope that in some way or form that I have helped some of you with your device, software and/or just sharing general tips I've learned along the way.

Although I did swear not to get another Samsung device again, I ended up getting this device, the Samsung Galaxy S i9000. Hopefully it will be "8,100" additionally better (lame joke intended). I was hoping to get a Qwerty device but yea, the Motorola Milestone doesn't seem to have that much oomph. I most likely will disable Touch Wiz as I'm not such a big fan of the UI. Hardware wise, this phone is perhaps the most powerful Android powered device and easily outdoes Snapdragon based devices based on the benchmarks that I have seen. The screen is actually the best out there, both in quality and responsiveness as you can see from many multi-touch demos (it beats the Desire and easily beats the Nexus One).

I was hoping that the Motorola Droid X would be released in Australia soon but it doesn't seem likely; the original Milestone is just coming out. I did get this phone on a plan as it is cheaper that way rather than buying outright.

For those curious about the official specs, here's what I ripped from GSM Arena

General

2G Network - GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900

3G Network - HSDPA 900 / 1900 / 2100

Size Dimensions - 122.4 x 64.2 x 9.9 mm

Weight - 119 g

Display Type - Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors

Size - 480 x 800 pixels, 4.0 inches

- TouchWiz 3.0 UI

- Multi-touch input method

- Accelerometer sensor for UI auto-rotate

- Touch-sensitive controls

- Proximity sensor for auto turn-off

- Swype text input

Sound

Alert types - Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones

Speakerphone - Yes

- 3.5 mm audio jack

Memory

Phonebook - Practically unlimited entries and fields, Photocall

Call records - Practically unlimited

Internal - 8 GB/16GB storage, 512 MB RAM, 2GB ROM

Card slot -microSD, up to 32GB

Data GPRS - Class 12 (4+1/3+2/2+3/1+4 slots), 32 - 48 kbps

EDGE - Class 12

3G - HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps

WLAN - Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n; DLNA

Bluetooth - Yes, v3.0 with A2DP

Infrared port - No

USB - Yes, v2.0 microUSB

Camera

Primary - 5 MP, 2592 x 1944 pixels, autofocus

Features - Geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection

Video - Yes, 720p@30fps

Secondary - Yes, VGA

Features

OS - Android OS, v2.1 (Eclair)

CPU - ARM Cortex A8 1GHz processor

Messaging - SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM, RSS

Browser - HTML

Radio - Stereo FM radio with RDS

Games - Yes

Colors - Black and Grey

GPS - Yes, with A-GPS support

Java - Via third party application

- Social networking integration

- Digital compass

- MP4/DivX/WMV/H.264/H.263 player

- MP3/WAV/eAAC+/AC3/FLAC player

- Organizer

- Image/video editor

- Document editor (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF)

- Google Search, Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk, Picasa integration

- Flash Lite v3.1

- Voice memo/dial/commands

- T9

Battery

- Standard battery, Li-Po 1500 mAh

Stand-by - Up to 750 h (2G) / Up to 576 h (3G)

Talk time - Up to 13 h 30 min (2G) / Up to 6 h 30 min (3G)

If you guys want, when I get it (which should be in the next 2-3 days, hopefully), I'll try and whip up a quick review and answer any questions you may have.

Again, I want to thank everyone here at the Omnia Board Forums at Modaco. I will still be sticking around for some time as there is a i9000 forum on here as well.

Again, a big thank you to everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest devabhishek
Just wondering, who will be moving to the new Samsung Galaxy S i9000.

The phone looks amazing, how a phone should look and work, with out all the modifications :angry:

I will be getting one, what they have done with Android, and their Touch Wiz looks awesome.

i got myself a samsung galaxy s 19000 .. actually samsung omnia i900 was a very fantastic device in its time.. but as time goes on new technology comes and takes over the old....

is some time there might be more change and development in the technology and there might be more powerful devices in future and this is an never ending process..

anyways at the moment i m loving my new samsung galaxy s i9000.. cheerss!!!!!

Guest Gary Crutcher

Got my Galaxy S 4 days ago. Other than a slight problem getting internet/mms to work with DTAC, it's a great phone - very fast and responsive.

Guess I'll have to start learning to cook Galaxy S Android roms. :angry:

Guest Astracat_95

+3