Created rootedupdate.zip version 1.21.405.2

Guest oclock

Guest oclock
Thats done it! We finally found the problem. I hope anyone else having this issue now knows to solve it. More importantly though, why did it happen and what can be done to sort it out? I don't want to use A2SD at the moment so this works best.

Another concern is the startup sound and a problem i occasionally have where when a call is picked up the microphone takes time to activate.

Thanks oC for your efforts! Please keep this as clean and clear as you can!

1. I am not sure what causes the problem, but I have an idea. Maybe after a 'wipe' the /data/app folder is removed and when I copy "android.tether" to /data/app the folder is created with wrong permissions. Another cause could be that another rom that you previously installed changed permissions to /data/app ?!

Whatever causes this problem, it is easy to fix. I could set the correct permissions for /data/app in the update script.

2. Because I am copying something to /data/app, my ROM is not compatible with devices that have A2SD already installed (before my ROM is installed). This is because when the update-script is executed the sdcard partitions are not mounted and /data/app points to nowhere. This probably causes this "line 3 error" during update. I probably will install android.tether in /system/app. This solves also for the problem described in 1.

3. I also will remove the startup sound in the next update. I really think that there cannot be even one person on this planet who likes and needs a startup sound. It dan cause more harm than pleasure.

4. I am currently also implementing an automatic usb brick detection during boot. This will also be included in the next update.

So, see you at "Four O´Clock A.M." :-)

oC

Edited by oclock

Guest alexspy

Sounds good to me. Aiming for maximum compatibility while keeping the 'vanilla' ROM will make your update package a very popular one, especially since you include Busybox and other small kernel optimisations!

I will do a full wipe including SD card to see what happens on a clean install.

Edited by alexspy

Guest inamak

Got this rom up and running - good stuff so far!

Now all i want is A2SD++ with the default kernel (dont want UVOC) - Paul any update on this?

Cheers.

Guest djoni

Installed this rooted update and everything works fine... great way to bypass wifi issues on Orange debranded phones :)

thanks oclock!

Guest Surfinette
Now all i want is A2SD++ with the default kernel (dont want UVOC) - Paul any update on this?

I guess that If you use the Kernel UVOCv14 BASE provided in message #43 of this post (page 3) and don't touch the default settings you should have the equivalent of of "default kernel" with the invaluable benefit of A2SD++. (maybe other less noob than me :) could confirm that)

You should give it a try, it works flawlessly on my phone

Guest dreamdealer
1. I am not sure what causes the problem, but I have an idea. Maybe after a 'wipe' the /data/app folder is removed and when I copy "android.tether" to /data/app the folder is created with wrong permissions. Another cause could be that another rom that you previously installed changed permissions to /data/app ?!

Whatever causes this problem, it is easy to fix. I could set the correct permissions for /data/app in the update script.

2. Because I am copying something to /data/app, my ROM is not compatible with devices that have A2SD already installed (before my ROM is installed). This is because when the update-script is executed the sdcard partitions are not mounted and /data/app points to nowhere. This probably causes this "line 3 error" during update. I probably will install android.tether in /system/app. This solves also for the problem described in 1.

3. I also will remove the startup sound in the next update. I really think that there cannot be even one person on this planet who likes and needs a startup sound. It dan cause more harm than pleasure.

4. I am currently also implementing an automatic usb brick detection during boot. This will also be included in the next update.

So, see you at "Four O´Clock A.M." :-)

oC

hopefully you won't modify it too much, to get as far, but what you going to call the next release, if or when you reach "12 O'clock"

Guest inamak

Ok so i tried A2SD++ and my wifi has stopped working?

I did a reboot to recovery, wipe, then installed 3oclock and then a2sd++. Then partition sdcard. Reboot. No wifi.

Then i tried reboot to recovery, wipe, install 3oclock, reboot to settings, reboot to recovery, install a2sd++. Then partition sdcard. Still no wifi.

Anyone know what i am doing wrong? In the settings it says unable to start wifi.

Wifi was working fine with just 3oclock installed.

i renamed the zip file to just a2sd.zip - would that affect it?

Thanks.

Guest PaulW21781

I did a reboot to recovery, wipe, then installed 3oclock and then a2sd++. Then partition sdcard. Reboot. No wifi.

Then i tried reboot to recovery, wipe, install 3oclock, reboot to settings, reboot to recovery, install a2sd++. Then partition sdcard. Still no wifi.

Anyone know what i am doing wrong? In the settings it says unable to start wifi.

Thanks.

Try updating your Radio ROM. Also, see if the WiFi still fails to work when flashing another of the A2SD++ versions, such as the UVOCv11 version.

Guest or8it

Thanks.

I've been trying to get this work all day and have had similar problems. I now have 3oclock working with a2sd++ by installing UVOCv14 and wifi working fine.

To do this I rooted, into recovery, wipe, flash from sd (rootupdate.zip), transfered UVOCv14 to the SD, flashed UVOC zip from sd, partition sd (0 swap, 640ext2), partitioned again with same settings, convert ext2 to ext3 and rebooted.

Everything appears to be working correctly with one exception, I can't seem to get super user access? Really don't understand why. I thought you needed su access to be able to test a2sd by ls -l /data. Obviously not as this command seems to work fine without su access.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Edited by or8it

Guest inamak
Try updating your Radio ROM. Also, see if the WiFi still fails to work when flashing another of the A2SD++ versions, such as the UVOCv11 version.

Tried updating the radio - no change. Will try a different a2sd version.

Paul - any reason why the a2sd++ with default kernel causes wifi failure?

Cheers.

Guest PaulW21781
Tried updating the radio - no change. Will try a different a2sd version.

Paul - any reason why the a2sd++ with default kernel causes wifi failure?

Cheers.

No idea, I've never really used the stock 1.21 kernel, but from reading here and on xda, it appears some handsets do suffer from dodgy wifi with the standard WWE1.21 set. Will have a play about with it, but can't promise anything...

*edit*

Did you do a fresh 3'Oclock install with the stock kernel + A2SD++? Or are you coming from an already working UVOC setup to a stock kernel without a wipe?? (you don't need to wipe to change kernels or update to A2SD)

I've noticed a slight change in the bcm4329.ko module between kernels... wondering if this could be causing it...

Edited by PaulW21781

Guest inamak
No idea, I've never really used the stock 1.21 kernel, but from reading here and on xda, it appears some handsets do suffer from dodgy wifi with the standard WWE1.21 set. Will have a play about with it, but can't promise anything...

*edit*

Did you do a fresh 3'Oclock install with the stock kernel + A2SD++? Or are you coming from an already working UVOC setup to a stock kernel without a wipe?? (you don't need to wipe to change kernels or update to A2SD)

I've noticed a slight change in the bcm4329.ko module between kernels... wondering if this could be causing it...

I had 3oclock without a2sd & went to 3oclock with a2sd++ stock kernel. I did do a wipe.

I'll try different ones today and see what i get.

Guest oclock
hopefully you won't modify it too much, to get as far, but what you going to call the next release, if or when you reach "12 O'clock"

After "12 O´Clock A.M." it continues with "1 O´Clock P.M.". So I can do another 12 updates. And after "12 O´Clock P.M." I have some ideas what I´m going to call the next releases. So, don´t worry. Time is endless :-)))

Guest oclock
I have only one question, Is Droidwall working on this Rom ? When not is it possible to get it working ?

I tried it by myself and it seems not to work.

"Surfinette" has the same problem here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...p;postcount=164

I will try something later to make it work with my ROM. Be patient :)

oC

Edited by oclock

Guest Surfinette
I tried it by myself and it seems not to work.

"Surfinette" has the same problem here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...p;postcount=164

I will try something later to make it work with my ROM. Be patient :)

oC

Yes, that was me with your 3 O'clock installed on my Desire... So yes indeed I'll patiently wait for 4 O'clock before using droid wall :)

Guest inamak

*edit*

Ok so i tried the ocv14 A2SD++ and everything works great - wifi working fine now so must have been an issue with the default kernel.

Chose oc instead of uvoc as i'm assuming if i don't overclock then it is the same as stock really. (Think uv is prob causing some of the stability issue ppl are having?)

Guest rveupen

Can anybody point me to a reliable site to download the original radio's for the Desire?

I want to setup a site where roms, radios and apps can be downloaded. 100Mb up and down!

Guest andy76q
Can anybody point me to a reliable site to download the original radio's for the Desire?

I want to setup a site where roms, radios and apps can be downloaded. 100Mb up and down!

try xda forum.

Guest oclock

Short status update:

DroidWall is working now on my phone now.

I have to do some cleanups here and there and then I can bake 'Four O´Clock A.M.".

Probably this will happen today in the evening.

I will also announce it on twitter, so you can follow me there if you want: http://twitter.com/kdre