04/Jun - Official HTC 2.1 (3.31.751.1 Chungwa Taiwan) multiple repacks + online kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Dan Mullen
BTW PPL, what do you use for hold Hero on your Car?

I bought a cheap, unbranded phone holder for about £3 off eBay and it does the job :)

Guest TripleM
Busily working away on MCR 4... probably not today peeps but i'll have it ready as soon as I can. :)

P

awesome :)

i've been looking forward to this statement since the 2.1 update for the hero was announced

Guest alt236
Cool, I just downloaded and installed.

But I found adb does not work when connected to my pc. What should I do?

I had the same problem. It seems that the device ID has changed for some reason.

For me it became "VID_0BB4&PID_0C99"

1. So, go to the folder which has the driver (it should be %somewhere%\android-sdk-windows\usb_driver).
  2. Make a backup of android_winusb.inf and open the original using a text editor (notepad, notepad++, etc).
  3. Right at the end of the [Google.NTx86] or the [Google.NTamd64] section (depending on whether you are 32bit or 64bit), paste the following:

; HTC HERO 2.1 (Chungwa)

%SingleAdbInterface%		= USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0C99

%CompositeAdbInterface%	 = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0C99&MI_01

%SingleBootLoaderInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0FFF

4. Then try to install the driver normally when it asks you to.

If it still does not work, it means that you have a different device ID.

1. Go to the device manager (Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager in XP.)
  2. Double-click on ADB (which should have an question mark next to it).
  3. Select details.
  4. From the dropbox select "Device Instance ID)" and copy the change the VID and PID in android_winusb.inf (just in the section you copied from above!) accordingly.

I had the same problem. It seems that the device ID has changed for some reason.

For me it became "VID_0BB4&PID_0C99"

1. So, go to the folder which has the driver (it should be %somewhere%\android-sdk-windows\usb_driver).
  2. Make a backup of android_winusb.inf and open the original using a text editor (notepad, notepad++, etc).
  3. Right at the end of the [Google.NTx86] or the [Google.NTamd64] section (depending on whether you are 32bit or 64bit), paste the following:

; HTC HERO 2.1 (Chungwa)

%SingleAdbInterface%		= USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0C99

%CompositeAdbInterface%	 = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0C99&MI_01

%SingleBootLoaderInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0FFF

4. Then try to install the driver normally when it asks you to.
If it still does not work, it means that you have a different device ID.
  1. Go to the device manager (Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager in XP.)
  2. Double-click on ADB (which should have an question mark next to it).
  3. Select details.
  4. From the dropbox select "Device Instance ID)" and copy the change the VID and PID in android_winusb.inf (just in the section you copied from above!) accordingly.

Nice one. This worked perfectly. My ID was slightly different, simply changed it. Thanks!

Guest NutsPT

Anyone knows what triggers the facebook full sync?

Mine is slowly syncing when it feels good about it.... even over wifi :|

Guest sik_gerar
I showered today thanks! :)

P

lol had to laugh, but seriously, you usually stick the important posts, and you even formatted its name to date+name+extra info as you do with the important ones, why wouldn't you stick this one? you see this release as a not-so-important one?

Guest stari4ek

Does sending files through Bluetooth works for anybody?

I've tried to send mp3 to my linux box and it failed.

I've checked it again. It sends well from Music app, but fails from file manager (ES Explorer for example)

Edited by stari4ek

Guest ShiDi
Anyone knows what triggers the facebook full sync?

Mine is slowly syncing when it feels good about it.... even over wifi :|

Yeah mines too.. it only shows 100 FB contacts.. & like stuck there.... =\

Anyone noes how to deal with it?

Anyone using spotify with this ROM? Music is lagging when I'm surfing on the net or doing something else. Didn't have this problem with mcr 3.2.

Guest dduk
this ROM did not work for me. came from 3.2 MCR. sense UI kept on crashing at startup. needed to restore to 3.2.

Did you do a wipe before installing the updates? I neglected to wipe and I couldn't get very far into the UI without force-closes aplenty.

Guest sambartle

The launcher kept Force Closing for me as well as I was entering all my accounts details.. Just dismiss it every time.. and reboot after you've entered all your details.

Seems to work and no FC since then touchwood.

Guest Andrew Lim
this ROM did not work for me. came from 3.2 MCR. sense UI kept on crashing at startup. needed to restore to 3.2.

Strange. I came from MCR 3.2 too and it works fine for me. :)

As dduk mentioned, did you do a full wipe?

Guest crashd
Anyone using spotify with this ROM? Music is lagging when I'm surfing on the net or doing something else. Didn't have this problem with mcr 3.2.

I get occasional stuttering but, a little more annoyingly, sometimes when it's changing tracks it seems to get stuck, the way to fix it is by tapping button/screen. Seems it might be something to do with the CPU freq. when in 'screen off' mode. Might be able to fix it with a bit of OC'ing :)

Guest Andy1984UK
any idea how to set youtube to english videos all mine are in chinese

mifran

The only thing I can suggest is to create a youtube account and sign in on your mobile. Thats the only thing i've done and it shows english/us you tube. I didn't take much notice of what was displayed prior to signing in

I get occasional stuttering but, a little more annoyingly, sometimes when it's changing tracks it seems to get stuck, the way to fix it is by tapping button/screen. Seems it might be something to do with the CPU freq. when in 'screen off' mode. Might be able to fix it with a bit of OC'ing :)

Spotify worked fine under 1.5, so it should work fine under 2.1 without OC'ing. Maybe MCR 4 will not have this problem.

Besides how safe is OC'ing, I mean will my phone work for 2 years without problems? :)

Guest afelotreyu

Jumps of joy :)

IF only my internet could donwload faster!!! cant wait ..

Thank you thank you thank you!!!

ps: could we make this sticky on the forum?

Paul and others if you need some testers please let me know I will be happy to test new ROMs/developments :)

Edited by afelotreyu

Guest DarthOps

Hello! I've been looking into this for some time and it would seem that Spotify is treated as "low priority" in the 2.1 hero rom, pretty much any little operation on the device will get priority over spotify and cause it to crackle and break up, I don't know if spotify will fix this or if it is simply due to a hardware limitation of running 2.1 on the hero (Sense 2.1 is particularly bad for breakup!)

Anyway, on a slightly more positive note, some chefs have release BFS versions of the Kernel which made a major difference to spotify playback for me, it basically stopped any stuttering I was getting, I think the Brain F*%& Scheduler helps for low priority processes (I dunno, have a google!)

If you really want to run 2.1 Sense with spotify then I suggest villain 10 with BFS kernel, it seems to work for me (or you could ask Paul :) )

I am on Orange FR, unlocked Hero, and had many mobile network issues since flashing this rom AND radio, more Edge than 3G/3G+, some "no connection" problems, etc...

Today I've downgrade radio to 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26 and it seems much better.

Don't know if it's only me or if this new radio is not so good, thought maybe some people would like to know ^^