04/Jun - Official HTC 2.1 (3.31.751.1 Chungwa Taiwan) multiple repacks + online kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest SketchF

I've flashed the ROM on fine, and tried a few different radio versions... but for some reason I cannot get a data connection at all. Anyone else had this problem? ROM works very nicely otherwise though!

EDIT: It's a T-Mobile G2 Touch, in the UK (by the way!) :( Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Edited by SketchF

Guest Andy1984UK
I've flashed the ROM on fine, and tried a few different radio versions... but for some reason I cannot get a data connection at all. Anyone else had this problem? ROM works very nicely otherwise though!

EDIT: It's a T-Mobile G2 Touch, in the UK (by the way!) :( Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

DDUK posted this a couple of pages back. Manually entering them may help?

Name: T-Mobile UK

APN: general.t-mobile.uk

Proxy:

Port:

Username: t-mobile

Password: **

Server: *

MMSC: http://mmsc.t-mobile.co.uk:8002

MMS proxy: 149.254.201.135

MMS port: 8080

MCC: 234

MNC: 30

APN type:

Guest SketchF
DDUK posted this a couple of pages back. Manually entering them may help?

Name: T-Mobile UK

APN: general.t-mobile.uk

Proxy:

Port:

Username: t-mobile

Password: **

Server: *

MMSC: http://mmsc.t-mobile.co.uk:8002

MMS proxy: 149.254.201.135

MMS port: 8080

MCC: 234

MNC: 30

APN type:

Thanks Andy - I wasn't entirely sure what I was looking for, so didn't see this as what I needed! Working perfectly now, thanks to you and DDUK.

Fergus :(

Guest tiekenei

Paul, first of all: thanks a lot for the repacked ROM!

Second, I've noticed a couple of issues on my device. I'm from Belgium and have an unbranded Hero with your recommended rooted ROM + new radio.

Issue 1: My APN's aren't always sticking after a reboot. Sometimes they're there, sometimes they're not and then I have to add them again.

Issue 2 (related to Issue 1): MMS will not work, I always get "generic network error"

Issue 3: My screen is set to automatic brightness but the power control widget keeps showing that green "on" bar underneath the brightness setting, as if it's set to manual. It didn't to that on the first 2 or 3 boots.

Issue 4 (had this on other 2.1 ROMs as well): Facebook for HTC Sense won't sync with my contacts... Somebody really needs to fix this, seems to be a real bug with a lot of 2.1 devices (even Desire).

That's about it, I think. :(

Guest mkrogh
Ok I've wiped and flashed and have noticed a couple of issues:

- The sim contacts are viewable in the contacts (when accessing through the dialer) even though I've unchecked the option from the 'People' app

- Google Nav doesn't work as the 'Voice Search' isn't included in the ROM. I presume I just have to install the .apk??

- I can't seem to find the option to link a contact to their Facebook profile but NOT use their Facebook photo. Any ideas??

- No 3D gallery. Again I presume I need to install the .apk

HI -

Having the same "problems" here.

Though it´s not really problems :(

Really nice ROM.

I also have a very slow marked place. Is it just me ?

BR.

MKrogh :(

Guest Vido.Ardes
ok so i flashed this rom, ( i baked one myself) and i got "network locked" i have heard about this, I am on Orange uk, is it because maybe i clicked use new radio when i baked it, should i bake another one but not use new radio?

You will need to flash an older radio, as flashing the one without the radio won't fix the fact you have put the new one one. A list of radios can be found in the stickies at the top of the hero forum.

I flashed this and i can't sync with google . Also market app does not work any ideas ? I am fromturkey and using turkcell

Try opening Google Talk and making sure you are logged in

Hi

Another noob question... Do the files in Pauls first post contain things such as Google Maps, PDF viewer, stocks ect or is that the whole point of the kitchen?

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Yes they contain all of them, the point of the kitchen is just to be able to remove what you don't want or don't use to save on internal space

Guest mathieu-

It's running very fast ! I love it :-)

But I have a little problem :(

How can I have all my phone in french please ? I set my locale but my phone is still in english (except few words).

Guest Bilange

I wanna chime in APNs too, because I cannot manage to add my APN in the Wireless Settings section. In Logcat, the following is shown when I attempt to press "Save" when i'm done entering my APN settings:

W/ApnEditor(  483): Could not go to the first row in the Cursor when saving data.

This is on a freshly flashed, wiped installation. Mind you, I dont have used the radio listed in the first post (I have kept mine which is 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26), so I wonder if NOT upgrading my radio could lead to this kind of error (it would seem unlikely to me)

I am using an HTC Hero bought at Telus, which is basically an unbranded one.

----

EDIT:

Going straight to the APN settings after flashing works. For anyone else having this issue, if you happen to have an application that restores/backs up APN settings, it seems this ROM doesn't like the settings you're trying to restore. In my case, once i've touched the settings with my backup/restore app (I used "APN Bakcup & Restore"), it seems the APN settings window is not usable anymore.

Edited by Bilange

Guest scuj1
what version of maps is included? nav will not work as far as i'm aware in the uk due to licensing issues unless you upload the brutmaps apk instead of the default google maps app? As well as voice, any clarification on nav possibilities would be awesome! Going away later today and wondering whether to flash this quickly first! lol.

Nav will and has been working officially on 1.6 and above, without the need for Brut. Licensing issues? PMSL :(

Guest 42turkeys
It's running very fast ! I love it :-)

But I have a little problem :(

How can I have all my phone in french please ? I set my locale but my phone is still in english (except few words).

When the EU version comes out (very soon) it will have French.

Guest Vido.Ardes
LOL! That site has got to be my most useful site ever! Especially for XDA!

Just one thing, TinyURL it!

I know, schoolboy error right? But your right, it is quite useful and some people get the hint eventually :(

I've been running a cooked version from the kitchen and it is pretty smooth, and all the little annoying bugs have gone. I've come from an overclocked ROM, but I don't think I'll bother overclocking it again, no need. Can't wait till Paul stuff this full of goodies with an MCR 4.0!

Guest feedsm

Hi Everyone !

First of all thanks for the releases!

I successfully upgraded my phone, but i got an issue with 3G/3G+ (Bouygues Telecom (France) ), so far i just succeded to get at the most EDGE, here is my APN parameters:

Nom : Bouygtel MMS

APN : mmsbouygtel.com

Proxy : 62.201.129.225

Port : 8080

Nom d'utilisateur :

Mot de passe :

Serveur :

MMSC : http://mms.bouyguestelecom.fr/mms/wapenc

MMS Proxy : 62.201.129.225

MMS Port : 8080

MCC :

MNC :

APN type : mms

and

Nom : Web

APN : mmsbouygtel.com

Proxy :

Port :

Nom d'utilisateur :

Mot de passe :

Ignorer de Serveur à Port MMS .

MCC :

MNC :

APN type : default

Thanks for the help!

Guest mkrogh
HI -

Having the same "problems" here.

Though it´s not really problems :)

Really nice ROM.

I also have a very slow marked place. Is it just me ?

BR.

MKrogh :)

WEll 2 hours after I wrote this, my marked started working.

Go figure ....

BR.

MKrogh :)

Guest yangas

Guys i have a noobish question, i've flashed the ROM, the one without chineese stuff, wiped/ factory reseted, wiped dalvic, rom works great, i have an SD Card Class 6 so even 1,5 wasnt slow, everything works fine, except when i enter APN's for mobile network, (i dont have wireless at my girls place) the mobile network says turning on, and nothing ever happens, waited for 10 min, rebootet? any ideas?

________________________________________________________________________________

--

Got if fixed, just reflashed the rom again, entered the APN's and all started working:)

Pretty decent rom :) n1

Edited by yangas

Guest ikamatos
Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Mode

WCDMA Only = 3G/HSDPA only

GSM Only = 2G only

GSM/WCDMA auto = auto switch between the 2.

Awesome. This solved my 3G only problem. I now have HSDPA. Thanks.

Guest Vido.Ardes

Well I have been using this for a while now and the ONLY thing I have found wrong is there is still a couple of chinese bits left over, 2 widgets and an app called Hami. Other than that, it runs smooth, it's quick, everything works, signal is better with the new radio, battery life is good, contact pics from facebook are high res!!! Looks like HTC finally did good, thanks for bringing it to us paul

Guest Eddie1506

Anyone knows how to remove "Learn More" from the launcher? It's not an apk as it was on Android 1.5, instead it's a link to "Learn more" htc website.

Thanks!

Guest lebartman
Hey I found out 2 bugs. And I think they are related to my choices in the kitchen.

I did'nt picked up the HTC Sync and now, when I plug the USB to my PC there is no possibility to mount the SD card from the phone. And worst: under setting, when i select "connect to PC" setting FCs.

I did'nt picked up Flickr sync, but flickr is everywhere still present and make the pictures app unstable.

If this could help to cook the 4.0, i'll be happy.

+1

&

Same problem on the first kitchen of Villain 5.3 (1 m ago), have to picked up the HTC Sync...

Guest James_Lin

I have been using the 2.1 rom for 2 days, alot of people here saying it's fast, but I find it a bit sluggish, not as smooth as MCR 3.2