04/Jun - Official HTC 2.1 (3.31.751.1 Chungwa Taiwan) multiple repacks + online kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Andy1984UK

Installed this rom this afternoon. Works a treat. Just a couple of questions...

I had wavesecure on the Modaco 3.1. Is it possible to reinstall it on this rom? If so can anyone point me in the direction of the apk?

Is it possible to organise photos in to different folders?

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Guest ShiDi

After update

- Camera works better than other unoffical updates - not so greenish

- Less Force Close

- Apn settings lost (no problem)

- Sim contact still viewable (need to fix) but same goes for other 2.1 roms as well i think

- Battery life - RAWKS!!!

So far its a stable one for me as long as the battery doesnt drain toooooo much as compared to other unofficial updates =)

Guest sobigfish

OMFG,TW ver. HTC Hero,first RECOMMENDED radio is Ok,but the update-hero-chungwa-3.31.751.1-customised-signed.zip boot ok,htc sense force closed :)(com.htc.bg and the luncher)

after this,wiped again,reinstalled, OK,cannot tell the differences

Edited by sobigfish

Guest phillevy

Will the forthcoming MCR build be sufficiently similar to this to be flashed without a wipe? Otherwise I will wait a couple of days as I don't want to be wiping again so soon.

Guest mifran

after all this time waiting for 2.1 and still no ftp through bluetooth it still only connect's to head phones/ head set Even my old motorola V3 could connect fully to another phone or printer through the bluetooth

mifran

Guest tiekenei

Has anyone got a solution for MMS not working? My carrier uses 2 APNs, one for edge/3G and another for MMS. The APNs seem to stick now (first couple of boots I had to re-enter them) but the messages application does not seem to know it needs to pick the MMS APN to send/receive them. :-( I always get "generic network failure".

This seems to be the same issue as in all the unofficial 2.1 ROMs, how's it possible that it is still not working in the official one?!

Edit: Another weird issue is the following: when setting an alarm, snoozing/disabling does not seem to work properly when it's going off. When I press snooze or drag down the unlock bar to disable, the alarm keeps going for a couple of seconds. On Android 1.5 and BeHero+ 1.2 it worked as it should work (= shutting up right after I've pressed snooze/disable). Anyone else noticing this?

Edited by tiekenei

Guest mifran
Well I have been using this for a while now and the ONLY thing I have found wrong is there is still a couple of chinese bits left over, 2 widgets and an app called Hami. Other than that, it runs smooth, it's quick, everything works, signal is better with the new radio, battery life is good, contact pics from facebook are high res!!! Looks like HTC finally did good, thanks for bringing it to us paul

these left over chinese things can be removed with adb adb shell rm /system/app/*Hami* just substitute hami for News to get rid of the chinese news apk or what ever else you dont want

mifran

Guest buttonsandzips

Is it just me being dense or are the settings for trackball notifications missing? Cant find them anywhere!

Guest tiekenei
Has anyone got a solution for MMS not working? My carrier uses 2 APNs, one for edge/3G and another for MMS. The APNs seem to stick now (first couple of boots I had to re-enter them) but the messages application does not seem to know it needs to pick the MMS APN to send/receive them. :-( I always get "generic network failure".

Apparently it must have had something to do with the WCDMA Only/GSM only/WCDMA/GSM auto option... Setting it to GSM only solved my issue (or at least that's what I believe solved it :)). Must be Mobistar (my carrier) specific...

Edit: Not that anyone cares (but maybe for people having the same issue), but that wasn't it either. Put it to WCDMA GSM auto again and it keeps working. Have no idea why it wouldn't work in the first place. I must have added my APNs 5 times before it started working... Weird.

Edited by tiekenei

I had wavesecure on the Modaco 3.1. Is it possible to reinstall it on this rom? If so can anyone point me in the direction of the apk?

Download and apply this via your recovery, just like you would do with any other update.zip.

Guest dipje
after all this time waiting for 2.1 and still no ftp through bluetooth it still only connect's to head phones/ head set Even my old motorola V3 could connect fully to another phone or printer through the bluetooth

mifran

Hmm, this even worked on the 2.1 custom ROM's before.

If I make a picture or have a ringtone or whatever, I can do 'share' and there's a new option 'bluetooth'.

Guest mifran
Hmm, this even worked on the 2.1 custom ROM's before.

If I make a picture or have a ringtone or whatever, I can do 'share' and there's a new option 'bluetooth'.

all right i didn't see that i read the manual from htc in the link on startup and it must not be an updated version for 2.1 my bad

mifran

Guest jbrizz

This ROM is mostly working great for me, except issues with wifi and 3G.

When leaving my wifi it often won't switch to 3G automatically, and when it does it seems less reliable than before (Vodafone NZ has never been great though), possibly slightly worse reception too. Wifi didn't connect to my parents AP automatically, wouldn't even find it for about a minute. Sometimes wifi connects but won't work.

Would this be the radio or the ROM? Anyone else with these issues?

Guest danmed

Evrything is working great and it's all smooth n fast... however i still don't have navigation and friendstream :)

The links from 42turkeys downloaded ok but wont install... any suggestions?

Guest Andy1984UK
Evrything is working great and it's all smooth n fast... however i still don't have navigation and friendstream :)

The links from 42turkeys downloaded ok but wont install... any suggestions?

I don't think friendstream is working yet on either this rom of turkeys rom. Navigation is working fine for me. Have you checked to make sure you've downloaded the lastest version from market place?

Guest andy-hooks

has anyone managed to use bluetooth to transfer a file to another phone i am having difficulties getting it to work any ideas cheers

Guest Eddie1506
has anyone managed to use bluetooth to transfer a file to another phone i am having difficulties getting it to work any ideas cheers

Not really answering your exact question, but I tested with sending an apk from my PC to my HTC Hero. No problems whatsoever.

Guest Togsy

does anyone know how to get the htc sense News widget and app that are a RSS feed, i have used them before in previous sense 2.1 ROMs but they are nowhere to be found here.

Guest klutsh
does anyone know how to get the htc sense News widget and app that are a RSS feed, i have used them before in previous sense 2.1 ROMs but they are nowhere to be found here.

They are included, just not in English.

Guest mifran

has any else noticed youtube is chinese videos any idea's how get English videos as it is HD just changing to the previous 1.5 version would not be very good just need to connect to the english site

mifran

Edited by mifran

Guest Andy1984UK
has any else noticed youtube is chinese videos any idea's how get English videos as it is HD just changing to the previous 1.5 version would not be very good just need to connect to the english site

mifran

No... Mine show all english videos