First Froyo alpha release.

Guest phhusson

Guest sunshine333

oh, that was easy

thanks!

overall the ui doesn't seem quite as smooth to me as LCR 1.6, a tiny bit laggy once in a while.

however, as someone else noted, the graphical artifacts seem to be fewer the longer I run it. I wonder why...

overall, a very exciting start, thanks to all involved

Guest Charlton22
You can't ! You all have to understand that overclocking is not something that work the same for every Liquid. It depends mainly on the CPU, some of them would support 992Mhz while others can't reach 920Mhz. It's all about luck, so please don't ask the dev for a fix or something, as there is nothing they can do about it.

Mine reboot very often at 992Mhz, sometimes at 920Mhz, so I just set it at 880Mhz to have a stable Liquid.

I'm running with 998Mhz for a full day now... Not a single reboot!

Battery usage seems fine... 20% used in 9hrs... some phone calls... 3g.. and some text messages....

Guest simoneser

I think it was only a file from the Nexus One that wasn't good for Liquid. In fact the patch is from Donut 1.6 of Liquid :)

I tried to make the same step replacing WiFi files of Nexus One with Liquid's ones, but it doesn't work: it's a kernel's problem :)

Guest barmyman
I think it was only a file from the Nexus One that wasn't good for Liquid. In fact the patch is from Donut 1.6 of Liquid :)

I tried to make the same step replacing WiFi files of Nexus One with Liquid's ones, but it doesn't work: it's a kernel's problem :)

actualy, yea, you right)

now about wifi.

i think it's not a kernel prob,if gps started to work with donut conf, so should wifi do.

The only question: what files should be replaced and where?

I tried many variants,replaced original with donit and eclair files,bins,libs,but no effect...

now i'm trying to place some files not in system/etc/ but data/d/system/

but if i could get the wifi error log...

Guest phhusson
Hey fellows,please check my gps fix. I worked all night,and my gps is working fine.

http://www.mediafire.com/?m1wnyimmngz

it's not signed, so please install this fix using "no sign check" method.

DON'T FORGET TO DO NANDROID BACKUP FIRST!

Cheers

barmyman

Lol ?

What you did is changing ntp server, which shouldn't have any consequence since both work, and actually commenting out agps support ?!?

I'll need an explanation if you don't mind :)

actualy, yea, you right)

now about wifi.

i think it's not a kernel prob,if gps started to work with donut conf, so should wifi do.

The only question: what files should be replaced and where?

I tried many variants,replaced original with donit and eclair files,bins,libs,but no effect...

now i'm trying to place some files not in system/etc/ but data/d/system/

but if i could get the wifi error log...

Everything is in logcat + dmesg

Edited by phhusson

Guest phhusson
PHH, have you made some progresses for WiFi?

Sorry to ask it, but can't wait to have it. Eclair is old :)

Not at all, I don't understand what's going on ...

Guest barmyman
Lol ?

What you did is changing ntp server, which shouldn't have any consequence since both work, and actually commenting out agps support ?!?

I'll need an explanation if you don't mind :)

Everything is in logcat + dmesg

It's easy,i just took gps.conf file from donut and replaced it with the original one) but it's working)) my gps didnt work, and after replacement it started to work) i guess,that we have an aGPS in our liquid.

sorry,but can you explain a little bit more?where the logcat and dmesg are located?

Guest phhusson
It's easy,i just took gps.conf file from donut and replaced it with the original one) but it's working)) my gps didnt work, and after replacement it started to work) i guess,that we have an aGPS in our liquid.

GPS worked quite fine for me... Just takes one minutes while it took few seconds before, so I'm not sure....

sorry,but can you explain a little bit more?where the logcat and dmesg are located?

logcat and dmesg are commands to run from any shell on the phone

oh,mann...wifi is working now,but can't connect to any access point.. continue to work.

If it really is working, I think I can help on the connecting part.

Guest akira.pwr

My priority isn't wifi, i have a data plan, i prefer optimization battery, avoid heating during charge, graphic bugs and camera, then wifi.

Guest phhusson
My priority isn't wifi, i have a data plan, i prefer optimization battery, avoid heating during charge, graphic bugs and camera, then wifi.

Doesn't it have quite the same battery life and heating than any other ROM ?

It doesn't mean I won't optimize it though, I've already seen some possible stuff.

Then work on those things yourself lol. Let phh finish WiFi so all of the people who prefer it can use it!

It sounds like barmyman will finish before me :)

Edited by phhusson

Guest rafyvitto
Doesn't it have quite the same battery life and heating than any other ROM ?

It doesn't mean I won't optimize it though, I've already seen some possible stuff.

It sounds like barmyman will finish before me :)

This issue is more inclined to the qsd8xxx platform as my s200 used to do it aswell, and tg01 users have report it, along side hd2 owners.

Guest akira.pwr
Then work on those things yourself lol. Let phh finish WiFi so all of the people who prefer it can use it!

I don't mean my priorities are better than yours, i only posted what i though, overheating is very bad, for first time i heared setcpu audible warning because reached 46 degrees, the value i set on the setcpu app.

I don't want to tell to anyone what to do, PHH knows what to do by himself and barmyman too, i see.

I'm trying to testing this rom instead to watch and asking every minutes wifi fix, i'm using froyo rom everydays to give a feedback a PHH and anyone else who want to do something, someone aren't using froyo and want this and that....

Sorry for my bad english.

Edited by akira.pwr

Guest phhusson
Are you looking after camera issue in parallel ?

I've kind of started, I found the chip used on our devices.

It's the MT9P012, take a little google search to find its commercial documentation, and read it, the interesting stuff is at the bottom right of the first page, and now think of how much you love acer, and how much you'll love the person who will make it work.