First Froyo alpha release.

Guest phhusson

Guest phhusson
has someone got a walk through for this? i'm completely new to modding my phone but I want flash on it! :)

I'm on Acer_LiquidE_1.100.05_EMEA_GEN1 rom at the moment after flashing, help appreciated as I really want to help test this baby out! :)

As stated in first post, you must FLASH FROM A DONUT ROM

Guest dr3amz

ops got into Malez... testing zip... installing.... eeeeeeeeeeek... report back in a min lol xD

booya! froyo! :)

just installing flash (which was my main req) wifi would be nice but ive got a dataplan and im more interested in sitting next to my smug mates at work who watch live tv on their I-Crap and showing them this :)

Edited by dr3amz

Guest dr3amz
ops got into Malez... testing zip... installing.... eeeeeeeeeeek... report back in a min lol xD

booya! froyo! :)

just installing flash (which was my main req) wifi would be nice but ive got a dataplan and im more interested in sitting next to my smug mates at work who watch live tv on their I-Crap and showing them this :)

well it's been nice, but im missing wifi too much to keep it, dataplans are ok but 24mb broadband is much nicer :) now how to get it back off? :)

Guest dr3amz
If froyo don't proceed, i think i'll come back to stream, i'm sorry.... :)

only real benefit i've found is that market place etc seem to think you're on a nexus now instead and opens up a few more apps/wallpapers, flash is working in browser, but it's still not great.

hopefully the tv companies will bring android apps out as they've done on iphone for streaming tv live.

whats the best 2.1 release atm? don't fancy going back to 1.6 :)

Guest akira.pwr
only real benefit i've found is that market place etc seem to think you're on a nexus now instead and opens up a few more apps/wallpapers, flash is working in browser, but it's still not great.

hopefully the tv companies will bring android apps out as they've done on iphone for streaming tv live.

whats the best 2.1 release atm? don't fancy going back to 1.6 :)

I'm not interested on tv stream, i flashed froyo alpha release because i though i could have real advantage at every new releases or patches, but i heard acer next month (?) Acer will release eclair kernel, so this alpha can be useless for us, because everything will be redone with new kernel.

I don't know if it's real, but don't know what to do now...

Guest gengaro86
I'm not interested on tv stream, i flashed froyo alpha release because i though i could have real advantage at every new releases or patches, but i heard acer next month (?) Acer will release eclair kernel, so this alpha can be useless for us, because everything will be redone with new kernel.

I don't know if it's real, but don't know what to do now...

Flash back Eclair and be patient. Everyone has got more important things to do, I'll try to do my best as soon as I'll have finished my exams (later in July, university has the highest priority for now). I've got some experience in Linux Kernel hacking (I've implemented BFS on HTC Tattoo few months ago) and I'm willing to help Phhusson and his team in porting FroYo to our Acer Liquid :)

Guest akira.pwr
Flash back Eclair and be patient. Everyone has got more important things to do, I'll try to do my best as soon as I'll have finished my exams (later in July, university has the highest priority for now). I've got some experience in Linux Kernel hacking (I've implemented BFS on HTC Tattoo few months ago) and I'm willing to help Phhusson and his team in porting FroYo to our Acer Liquid :)

If I know works go on, i'll keep this rom, it's good and i hate to flash too much bin, but if I have to wait after july, don't worry, i'll back to eclair until next gen froyo will be released, i'm not forcing anyone to do anything, i can wait.

Guest phhusson
If froyo don't proceed, i think i'll come back to stream, i'm sorry.... :)

I'm still working on it, but missing stuff are bitches to get working.

For remainders, I don't intend this to be a full blown rom as LCR, just a base for modders, or just a stock rom, so I focus only on big bugs and missing features. (but if someone wants new kernel features I can also consider it)

Guest gengaro86
I'm still working on it, but missing stuff are bitches to get working.

For remainders, I don't intend this to be a full blown rom as LCR, just a base for modders, or just a stock rom, so I focus only on big bugs and missing features. (but if someone wants new kernel features I can also consider it)

I'm not currently using FroYo (still stuck on Eclair, missing time to flash and test), but

CONFIG_NETFILTER=y

would be a nice thing, considered what's written in the tethering thread. :)

If it's already enabled, sorry for having bothered you!

Guest phhusson
I'm not currently using FroYo (still stuck on Eclair, missing time to flash and test), but

CONFIG_NETFILTER=y

would be a nice thing, considered what's written in the tethering thread. :)

If it's already enabled, sorry for having bothered you!

netfilter is already in, but I know tethering needs other options, but I suck at networking, so I'll wait for people to tell me what they need exactly :)

Guest pipajoja
AFAIK it's enough, iptables should work and therefore we should be able to get our Liquids working in Adhoc mode..

does that mean wifi tethering should work?

Guest phhusson
I heard xian want to work on froyo, can't he join PPH for this rom?

We are working together on it, he already did some cleanups.

does that mean wifi tethering should work?

Tethering should work.

For wifi you'll have to wait.

Edited by phhusson

Guest akira.pwr

Tethering should work.

Great, so i keep this rom waiting some news.

Guest simoneser

Tethering should work.

Great!

So works are going on? Can we expect WiFi working in this month? :)

OT: i heard that Vache has locked his Liquid because of Rogers SIM Locked ROM, he said good bye to Liquid community :)

Guest phhusson
So works are going on? Can we expect WiFi working in this month? :)

No clue. I'm just stuck, and I don't understand what's happening there. I fallbacked to original disc0's kernel which is said to have wifi working, but it's still not working for me nor for Xian1...

I might wait for eclair's kernel after all.

OT: i heard that Vache has locked his Liquid because of Rogers SIM Locked ROM, he said good bye to Liquid community :)

Yeah that really sucks :/

Perhaps he'll keep it as a walkman/mobile game console and will still dev with it ? :)

Edited by phhusson